HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 5:29 PM

Here is the Spring St & 18th Street site this morning.

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 9:59 PM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

It's amusing to watch that 70's brick building get surrounded by taller buildings. I'm sure at the time it first went up they never imagined it would be swallowed up by taller buildings.

Old Posted May 27, 2022, 2:31 AM

Tishman Speyer & H.J. Russell chosen to redevelop Civic Center site

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...ic-center.html
Quote:
The quest to redevelop the long-vacant Boisfeuillet Jones Atlanta Civic Center between Midtown, Downtown and Old Fourth Ward has reached a milestone.

The Atlanta Housing Authority board of commissioners selected New York's Tishman Speyer and Atlanta's H.J. Russell & Co. to redevelop 14 acres of the 19-acre site into a mixed-use development.

The joint venture would add a large retail space and 1,300 new residences, with 430 units deemed affordable. The rents will be priced at or below 100% of the area median income (AMI), which equals roughly $60,400 for a one-person household and $69,000 for a two-person household, according to Invest Atlanta’s 2021 income limits.

Tishman and H.J. Russell will also consider repurposing the midcentury-era theater anchoring the site and its public plaza.

Old Posted May 27, 2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
I hope, this, like the Dewberry site is an utter embarrassment.

Old Posted May 27, 2022, 1:29 PM

Planning permits filed for 3030 Peachtree Road. Looks like this tower is moving forward.

The proposed project will be located at 3030 Peachtree Street on the SW corner of Peachtree Road and Buckhead Avenue. The redeveloped portion of the site sits behind the existing Restoration Hardware retail building, which faces Peachtree Road. An existing two-story parking deck currently serves the Restoration Hardware and will be demolished to make room for the new multifamily tower with parking to accommodate the existing retail and proposed residential component. The proposed building will be a 20 -story, approximately 380,900 GSF multifamily development. The tower will include 289 rental units located on levels 4- 20. The project features indoor and outdoor amenity spaces on levels 1-3 and 478 parking spaces within the 182,630 SF garage tucked under the residences on levels B4-2.

Old Posted May 27, 2022, 1:36 PM

Planning permits filed for demolition of one story credit union building to prepare for 536 North Ave, a block west of Ponce City Market.

SCOPE OF WORK Demolish existing building and construct a new multi-family building. Variance to allow approximately 10,000 square feet to encroach into the transitional height plane.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2022, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Sad news. Channel 2 is reporting Tishman Speyer has pulled out, can't wait to hear the details.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2022, 9:59 PM
i ain't no bubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
It's amusing to watch that 70's brick building get surrounded by taller buildings. I'm sure at the time it first went up they never imagined it would be swallowed up by taller buildings.
I took one of my favorite Midtown photos of this building a few years ago...

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 12:34 AM

Smile

that's a great shot!

Old Posted Jun 18, 2022, 1:29 PM

Cartel Properties assembles prime site along East Side Trail

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...ide-trail.html

Quote:
Around 1.2 acres of grungy warehouses and graffiti-covered buildings across from what was once known as the Murder Kroger marks the latest investment from Atlanta's Cartel Properties. The developer acquired the final piece it needed to assemble the property this month for $3 million, according to Fulton County property records. Atlanta Japanese-inspired restaurant 8 Arm and Paris on Ponce sit on the property, with the Ford Factory Lofts and the freshly redeveloped grocery store located across the street.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2022, 3:27 PM

As urban that urban can get" - Fuqua

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...Pos=1#cxrecs_s
Quote:
Fuqua Development is seeking to layer 8 stories of apartments over a grocery store on 3 acres between Boulevard and Highland Avenue, according to a site plan obtained from the Office of Zoning and Development.

The project is “as urban that urban can get,” principal Jeff Fuqua said. It's adding a grocery store to the neighborhood, bringing up density on the site with apartments and internalizing parking over a small tract.

Fuqua is seeking a variance to parking maximums under the city’s zoning code. He is in the final stages of talks with a grocery chain to anchor the development.

The land is not owned by Fuqua, though it is under contract. The company has been trying to buy the site for years, Fuqua said.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2022, 4:20 PM

[QUOTE=smArTaLlone;9657371][URL="https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2022/06/23/highland-boulevard-eyed-by-fuqua.html?

I feel we all should email him the definition of "urban" just to make sure he understands the word he is using.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2022, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhunkyPho View Post
I feel we all should email him the definition of "urban" just to make sure he understands the word he is using.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I assume he means the fact that it will have ground level retail. He probably has a list of chains lined up (not that this is a bad thing) in addition to the grocery store.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2022, 2:39 PM

Campanile restart

Just heard Dewberry will be closing 13th St between Peachtree and Juniper starting Monday through December 31st, 2023. Looks like we could finally see some movement next week.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2022, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking. I assume he means the fact that it will have ground level retail. He probably has a list of chains lined up (not that this is a bad thing) in addition to the grocery store.
Wait until you see the Mall West End redevelopment. That’s REAL urban retail! They’re putting small shops on the street, the big box anchors on the second floor (like DSW at AS), and creating four new city blocks lined with shops and housing. Plus 700 units of housing and zero parking lots.

They presented plans Thursday night.

"Atlanta - it's getting there."

Old Posted Jun 25, 2022, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
Wait until you see the Mall West End redevelopment. That’s REAL urban retail! They’re putting small shops on the street, the big box anchors on the second floor (like DSW at AS), and creating four new city blocks lined with shops and housing. Plus 700 units of housing and zero parking lots.

They presented plans Thursday night.
Any links to this?

Old Posted Jun 25, 2022, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
Any links to this?
No. They've only shown plans at neighborhood meetings.

They won't publish anything until after closing.

It's so refreshing to have a NYC developer who actually "gets" cities and good design.

"Atlanta - it's getting there."

Old Posted Jun 25, 2022, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
No. They've only shown plans at neighborhood meetings.

They won't publish anything until after closing.

It's so refreshing to have a NYC developer who actually "gets" cities and good design.
Can't wait to see it.

I was just having a debate with someone about this who disagreed with my statement that most of Midtown's new development is not pedestrian oriented enough even when it has "active uses".

Old Posted Jun 26, 2022, 12:59 AM

Excited for the mall west end proposal. Hopefully is good urban form and doesn’t displace too many existing shops. Kind of weird it was presented at Lee & White, which is associated by locals as a place that isn’t for locals.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2022, 5:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTdan View Post
Just heard Dewberry will be closing 13th St between Peachtree and Juniper starting Monday through December 31st, 2023. Looks like we could finally see some movement next week.
Great news!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta