HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
New proposals are slim, sure, but there's still a handful of activity occurring in Midtown.

195 13th, Alexan Midtown, Ascent, the dual brand hotel on 14th, and The Standard are all under construction. Domino's pizza (same company as the standard) has a fast pace with it. Opus is moving ground.
CODA, and Hanover Midtown are under construction as well.. and the Anthem development likely not far behind. There is plenty of momentum in the area to keep it attractive for continued development.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 9:30 PM
Google Steffen Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGump View Post
So you're saying there's a chance?!
Good one!
2 points

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 9:32 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.ARCH View Post
CODA, and Hanover Midtown are under construction as well.. and the Anthem development likely not far behind. There is plenty of momentum in the area to keep it attractive for continued development.
Not to mention, these towers are filling up as they open. I drove by the new post tower on 11th one night recently, many units were inhabited. I feel in my gut, midtown is the place to be, and more is coming. But what to I know.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.ARCH View Post
Good catch! I figured I was missing a few projects. Midtown housing is filling up fast. I'm honestly a bit shocked we haven't seen even more or larger proposals as of the past year or two.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 9:47 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Good catch! I figured I was missing a few projects. Midtown housing is filling up fast. I'm honestly a bit shocked we haven't seen even more or larger proposals as of the past year or two.
1105 West Peachtree - 3 towers. Also the 20 story Hampton Inn and Suites just got financing.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 9:52 PM

It all comes down to how many 1/1's they can rent for $1,700 a month in Midtown.

2,000? 5,000? 10,000? 15,000? Nobody is quite sure how deep the market is. Assuming rent doesn't fall, they'll keep on building, more or less at this pace, for years to come.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 11:27 PM
BANNED

Pipeline Thins Out In Major Apt. Markets

http://www.globest.com/sites/paulbub...r-apt-markets/

Atlanta Ranks Second In Top 12 Cities For Tech Hiring In First Half Of 2018

http://www.hubga.com/tag-press-relea...-half-of-2018/

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 4:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSangha View Post
Not to mention, these towers are filling up as they open. I drove by the new post tower on 11th one night recently, many units were inhabited. I feel in my gut, midtown is the place to be, and more is coming. But what to I know.
If they are filling up...why are there still huge "now leasing signs" in some (like Atlantic House) that have been open for well over a year?

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 2:27 PM

Planning SAP filed for a new 10-unit apartment building at 788 Bonaventure in Virginia Highland. By Hudson Development group, described as "10 Luxury Garden Apartments in the heart of Virginia Highlands."

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testarossa50 View Post
It all comes down to how many 1/1's they can rent for $1,700 a month in Midtown.

2,000? 5,000? 10,000? 15,000? Nobody is quite sure how deep the market is. Assuming rent doesn't fall, they'll keep on building, more or less at this pace, for years to come.
Well there are plenty of drug dealers in Atlanta, which is the demographic filling up most of these towers. The "young professional" crowd is definitely a minority.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkyWay View Post
Well there are plenty of drug dealers in Atlanta, which is the demographic filling up most of these towers. The "young professional" crowd is definitely a minority.
Huh?

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 3:15 PM
i ain't no bubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
Huh?
He knoweth not what he talketh about.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
Huh?
young + melanin-rich

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 3:20 PM

Quote:
This isn't even worth a response. At least you've outed yourself - good to know

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
People still believe Eviva's breaking ground? The cycle, at least for residential towers in Midtown is over.
I know of a few proposals in the pipeline. There are a lot of projects currently leasing and/or about to deliver. Banks / developers will want to wait until that mess gets sorted out, but I imagine you'll hear about a few projects that plan on delivering after.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 3:32 PM

I'm sorry the truth hurts certain people's snowflake sensibilities, but read the reviews of these apartments. Crime is rampant. SkyHouse Buckhead (where I lived) had a drug-related FBI raid and Skyhouse Midtown had a drug-related shooting. You can stick your head in the sand or shoot the messenger but it won't change reality.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 3:41 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry the truth hurts certain people's snowflake sensibilities, but read the reviews of these apartments. Crime is rampant. SkyHouse Buckhead (where I lived) had a drug-related FBI raid and Skyhouse Midtown had a drug-related shooting. You can stick your head in the sand or shoot the messenger but it won't change reality.
Both are Skyhouses. Not surprised. Cheap developer(Novare) builds cheap highrises which will rent too anyone regardless of credit or background. Aren't they also behind "The Atlantic" in Atlantic Station which also suffered the same problems?

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Both are Skyhouses. Not surprised. Cheap developer(Novare) builds cheap highrises which will rent too anyone regardless of credit or background. Aren't they also behind "The Atlantic" in Atlantic Station which also suffered the same problems?
Your statement is a lie, I rented in one of the Skyhouses and they did credit checks and background checks.

But either way BunkyWay is a typical racist snowflake....

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 3:58 PM

I've been a follower of this site for a number of years, but have not posted until now. After reading about residential development in Midtown, I thought I would share some news. I am a member of Saint Mark UMC at the corner of Peachtree and 5th. We have entered into an agreement with a developer to purchase the property behind the church at the corner of Juniper and 5th to build a residential tower. It is scheduled to close by the end of 2018 and take two years to build. No details have been revealed yet, but a two year construction time indicates a significant size building. The church will own approximately 200 parking spots on a number of floors to be determined in a parking deck between the tower and the church. If all goes as planned, completion should be in early 2021.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiedoodle View Post
I've been a follower of this site for a number of years, but have not posted until now. After reading about residential development in Midtown, I thought I would share some news. I am a member of Saint Mark UMC at the corner of Peachtree and 5th. We have entered into an agreement with a developer to purchase the property behind the church at the corner of Juniper and 5th to build a residential tower. It is scheduled to close by the end of 2018 and take two years to build. No details have been revealed yet, but a two year construction time indicates a significant size building. The church will own approximately 200 parking spots on a number of floors to be determined in a parking deck between the tower and the church. If all goes as planned, completion should be in early 2021.
Wow! Thanks for the information. I look forward to hearing more details!

Here is the article from Atlanta Business Chronicle from about a year ago reporting that the property was being marketed. Good to hear this is moving forward.
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...he-market.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations