HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 21, 2023, 10:29 PM
PHL

uCity Square has dramatically changed the entire area east of Penn Presby Hospital. It's a legit transformation.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2023, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
Yes, the conversion+addition of the Beaury building is currently happening. Also surprised there isn't one closer to TU main campus though.
there has been minimal progress on that project, not sure what is going on but construction is not really active. And nothing has been done with the vacant checkers building next door which is covered in graffitti and surrounded by weeds and a fence.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2023, 2:46 PM

Rainbow W by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Never seen or captured the W in rainbow until now

Old Posted Jun 25, 2023, 4:03 PM
Creative Ambitions

^ They have been doing it for the past month, not sure if it's every night but I've seen it in the last 30 days. The lighting in the city has been electric!

WE NEED MORE

Old Posted Jun 25, 2023, 5:32 PM

I had a feeling they were doing it all month, I did see the lights on an instagram post earlier this month. I honestly thought Arthaus and The Laurel would join in since they also have LED's. But they'll all be red white and blue July 4th, and I'll be capturing that too

Old Posted Jun 26, 2023, 2:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001 View Post
I had a feeling they were doing it all month, I did see the lights on an instagram post earlier this month. I honestly thought Arthaus and The Laurel would join in since they also have LED's. But they'll all be red white and blue July 4th, and I'll be capturing that too
Arthaus has a pretty cool rainbow animation that just goes around the building that they've been playing most of the month. I honestly think part of the Laurel's lights may be broken because I've only seen one side of it lighting up recently.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2023, 8:23 PM

July CDR Submissions are up. No highrises but some decent projects:
https://www.phila.gov/departments/ph...blic-meetings/

Old Posted Jun 27, 2023, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
July CDR Submissions are up. No highrises but some decent projects:
https://www.phila.gov/departments/ph...blic-meetings/
Nothing ground breaking but 901 N Front is a nice proposal for an off the radar lot. Sort of forget what's in that area due to the maze of streets.

Also N Clearfield St? Holy cow. Talk about the hinterlands. I wonder what that "retail" building is. It has to be for a pre-defined tenant. It looks like it's design with someone in mind.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2023, 12:21 AM

We already know about this but saw this University Place 4.0 rendering at 41st & Market (where the current RiteAid is) on IG today on slide #2. It appears to be 16 stories!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuHT5eYK...RlODBiNWFlZA==

Old Posted Jul 5, 2023, 3:27 PM

Last edited by TK2001; Jul 5, 2023 at 5:32 PM.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2023, 7:44 PM

I was looking at SLC's website and realized that the Laurel has apartments in the bottom half of the building. The cheapest 1br I could find in the building was $3,800/month. Absolutely bonkers.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2023, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Great pictures TK. Wish the fireworks weren't so late but it was cool. I say we skip the festival next year and put that money into a crazier fireworks display or a drone show. Made me happy to see such a big event go smooth. I was on the parkway last summer so I was pretty on edge.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2023, 12:55 AM

Apparently there was a rain delay, but it literally was not posted anywhere. Not even on the @july4thPhilly Instagram

I would honestly expect Philadelphia to have nearly as much fireworks as NYC for Philly's importance to the country. It's the birthplace of Liberty, it was our capital, and there's an air tight sealed piece of paper with politicians names and rights that gave this whole country something to look forward to. I feel like Philly doesn't go all out...and one of our prime sponsors is Wawa (I work at one and I'm done with the hoagiefest ads already). Maybe and hopefully in 2026 we'll get some amazing and improved shows for America's 250th anniversary.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2023, 2:50 AM

Quote:
Apparently there was a rain delay, but it literally was not posted anywhere. Not even on the @july4thPhilly Instagram

I would honestly expect Philadelphia to have nearly as much fireworks as NYC for Philly's importance to the country. It's the birthplace of Liberty, it was our capital, and there's an air tight sealed piece of paper with politicians names and rights that gave this whole country something to look forward to. I feel like Philly doesn't go all out...and one of our prime sponsors is Wawa (I work at one and I'm done with the hoagiefest ads already). Maybe and hopefully in 2026 we'll get some amazing and improved shows for America's 250th anniversary.
I mean tthe parkway was pretty packed and had good fireworks... But yes 2026 in Philadelphia should be the biggest 4th of July party of all time - not even kidding.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2023, 4:02 AM

It would be nice if the 250th would be commemorated with the construction of something big. The 100th gave us Memorial Hall (and almost the Centennial Tower), and the 150th gave us the Ben Franklin Bridge. It would be great if something were built for 250, but it's clear that that's not going to happen. It would've been announced by now, and Philadelphia is the opposite of a "think big" city anymore.

Save the SS United States!

Old Posted Jul 6, 2023, 7:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post
It would be nice if the 250th would be commemorated with the construction of something big. The 100th gave us Memorial Hall (and almost the Centennial Tower), and the 150th gave us the Ben Franklin Bridge. It would be great if something were built for 250, but it's clear that that's not going to happen. It would've been announced by now, and Philadelphia is the opposite of a "think big" city anymore.
Can you consider the I-95 cap something big?

Old Posted Jul 6, 2023, 1:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Compared to Memorial Hall or the BFB? No.

Save the SS United States!

Old Posted Jul 6, 2023, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
What are the odds Shapiro takes a vested interest in this and leans on them to ensure this gets done before the Mega-summer of 26 (World Cup, All star game, and 250)?

I think he's pretty cognizant about the gravitas these events carry and will lend a hand.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2023, 3:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysb View Post
What are the odds Shapiro takes a vested interest in this and leans on them to ensure this gets done before the Mega-summer of 26 (World Cup, All star game, and 250)?

I think he's pretty cognizant about the gravitas these events carry and will lend a hand.
Maybe he should lend a hand and make sure the city doesn't look like a sh*thole by summer of 26. Expedite the ten year 20 phase plan to bring back street cleaning.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2023, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysb View Post

it is impossible to have the cap done in 3 years. Not going to happen. I think the schedule allows for 6 or 7 years.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations