HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Oct 24, 2014, 1:33 PM
The Sheriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
Wow, nice response, a$$hole. Pretty rich to call someone "a idiot" too. It's an.

I've priced out flights to California and Las Vegas and the differences were marginal. Just because they are cheaper to go south doesn't mean they are universally cheaper.

Edit: Picked a random weekend to go to LAS and it was actually $135 cheaper to fly from YFC instead of BGR.

Oliver

I am truly sorry it was auto correct that spelled idiot, It was suppose to be ingorant. aka ingorant "
lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated"

Thanks for calling me an A hole. Hope you sleep better at night

edit: another one for the dam you auto correct lol

Old Posted Oct 24, 2014, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blazer View Post
Oliver

I am truly sorry it was auto correct that spelled idiot, It was suppose to be ingorant. aka ingorant "
lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated"

Thanks for calling me an A hole. Hope you sleep better at night

edit: another one for the dam you auto correct lol
I guess im "ignorant" cause that makes no sense.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2014, 7:30 PM

I travel frequently (3-4 times per month) and have found the average ticket cost gap between YFC and BGR decreasing over the past year. Sure you need to shop and perhaps make some sacrifices re number of connections, etc. but I have noticed a change....for the better. Needed to travel to Washington, DC in September. Flew out of YFC for approx. $430 CDN return. BGR wanted to charge $250 USD. Take into account gas, car travel, parking and possibly a one night hotel stay (assuming $85 USD) in BGR due to the early AM departure. Was much easier to take flight out of YFC.

I think where BGR really makes for a deal is with last minute travel reservations. That is where I notice the big difference.

Last edited by Freddypop; Oct 26, 2014 at 5:27 PM.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2014, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddypop View Post
I travel frequently (3-4 times per month) and have found the average ticket cost gap between YFC and BGR decreasing over the past year. Sure you need to shop and perhaps make some sacrifices re number of connections, etc. but I have noticed a change....for the better. Needed to travel to Washington, DC in September. Flew out of YFC for approx. $430 CDN return. BGR wanted to charge $250 USD. Take into account gas, car travel, parking and possibly a one night hotel stay (assuming $85 USD) in BGR due to the early AM departure. Was much easier to take flight out of YFC.

I think were BGR really makes for a deal is with last minute travel reservations. That is where I notice the big difference
During all this lovely conversation this was my thought exactly. If booking long ahead of time NB prices are competitive, but those on the other side of the boarder don't seem to get the same last minuets booking inflation that we do.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2014, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Wow, nice response, a$$hole. Pretty rich to call someone "a idiot" too. It's an.

I've priced out flights to California and Las Vegas and the differences were marginal. Just because they are cheaper to go south doesn't mean they are universally cheaper.

Edit: Picked a random weekend to go to LAS and it was actually $135 cheaper to fly from YFC instead of BGR.

Bought tickets to go to New York about a month and a half ago and they were cheaper flying from Fredericton than from Portland.

PS: Don't mind him OliverD, he did the same thing to me a couple of months ago.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2014, 1:12 PM

[QUOTE=D3nZ;6782742]Bought tickets to go to New York about a month and a half ago and they were cheaper flying from Fredericton than from Portland.

Youre right there not universally cheaper. The sales are better I guess. If youre on the ball you can sometimes save a lot if not the regular price isnt a savings at all.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddypop View Post
Saw this on twitter from the Brunswickan:

Brunswickan ‏@Brunswickan · 2h2 hours ago
The iRock will close its doors on Nov. 1. The operators have chosen not to comment, but nothing new is planned for the space at this time.
This survey was posted on Facebook by Vault 29: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QD5B3SZ

Maybe someone is looking at that space for a brewpub/sports bar?

Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 11:11 AM
Any where but Fredericton

Quote:
This survey was posted on Facebook by Vault 29: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QD5B3SZ

That would be interesting a sports bar ? I dont think that would do as much business but might be more appealing to some. I for one never really enjoyed Sweetwaters/I Rock

Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev71 View Post
That would be interesting a sports bar ? I dont think that would do as much business but might be more appealing to some. I for one never really enjoyed Sweetwaters/I Rock
Youve never been there.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 1:12 PM
The Sheriff

Quote:

Hooters would be a great choice.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 1:38 PM

Its a great location for a Restaurant if it had parking.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 1:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkies View Post
Its a great location for a Restaurant if it had parking.
Most restaurants downtown don't have parking though.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 2:03 PM

Quote:
Most restaurants downtown don't have parking though.
Another reason why dont go down town.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkies View Post
Another reason why dont go down town.
Not having surface parking in the downtown is desirable. There is plenty of street parking as well as parking garages downtown - the majority of which is free outside of normal business hours. There's really no point in wasting space on parking.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 2:40 PM

[QUOTE=OliverD;6785445]Not having surface parking in the downtown is desirable. There is plenty of street parking as well as parking garages downtown - the majority of which is free outside of normal business hours. There's really no point in wasting space on parking.[/QUOT

I think Downtown caters to a certain clientele. Theres a lot bigger market that the Montanas and East side marios draw on.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 3:05 PM
New Brunswick booster!

It's people like you Twinkies with this mindset that are killing the downtowns of cities across North America. Finding parking downtown is not hard. I will always choose the Snooty Fox over Boston Pizza uptown any day.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 3:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxfordGuy View Post

It's people like you Twinkies with this mindset that are killing the downtowns of cities across North America. Finding parking downtown is not hard. I will always choose the Snooty Fox over Boston Pizza uptown any day.
mindest? I choose snoothy fox over Boston Pizza in fact its My wife an I's favorite place. I have 2 young children and im not going to take them there and having close parking with a family is important. When I say clientele im mean young working couples that dont have children or that are out on date nights. Those are rare if you have kids.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 6:01 PM
The Sheriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxfordGuy View Post

I would support downtown business that uses fresh local food like Isaac's Way or Brewbakers as well. #eatnewbrunswick

Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 6:23 PM

Relish does good business across the street from iRock. Considering there are parking lots within a block or so of any direction from that site, and the front of the building could probably be turned into a half dozen slots easily, a restaurant would fit well there. Probably not a big chain restaurant or anything; but a local or Maritime medium to upper class business would likely work well.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 3:23 PM

Saint John's looking for funds for SJTransit. Makes me wish Freddy Transit would look into this too. A few new buses alone would finally let them retire those 80's era buses that they still haul out.

And a pipe dream, but I'd love for them to grab the old bus station on Regent and King, and make that the transit hub for the city (Let Maritime Transit come back in to rent some space for pickups/dropoffs). In the early 2000's I was in Kitchener, and their Transit Hub would be perfect for Freddy's needs for now. Basically a station with a store to buy tickets and pick up schedules (and snackbar), and a crosswalk out to a covered sidewalk waiting area where buses can pull up on either side. Put the Northbound on one side and the Southbound on another and they'd be all set. (Kitchener's station had a skywalk to get out to the routes, but that would be overkill at this stage of Freddy's system)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces