HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 12:09 AM

678 Edgewood

The project will have 80% studio and one-bedrooms units.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2021, 1:00 AM

250 14th rendering

Old Posted Oct 29, 2021, 2:18 PM

165 Peachtree Street

Quote:
Developers want to upgrade a 122-year-old brick building on Peachtree Street with a glass storefront and craft beer store for millennials.

Nick Patel, who leads the development company Kismet, and architect Ben Gaxiola of BuildEx, unveiled the plans before the Downtown Development Review Committee today. The proposal calls for an overhaul of the 3,000-square-foot building at 165 Peachtree Street, with a new glass storefront, panelling that covers the brick, and an awning over the entrance.

The first floor will become retail space for Beer Goggles, a new business offering craft beer that Patel compares to Hop City Craft Beer & Wine, which has BeltLine locations at Krog Street Market and the West End's Lee + White.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2021, 4:27 PM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
What's going on with this? Someone said there was construction equipment on site, but I've seen no activity for the last week or so.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2021, 2:10 PM

Concept review planning permit for 1829 Peachtree submitted today. Near Piedmont Hospital in Brookwood.
"The property will be developed as 18,300 sf of ground floor retail space, 34,000 sf of medical office space, and 83,000 sf of hospitality space; the development will include a parking deck with 250 spaces."

Old Posted Nov 3, 2021, 2:24 PM

Rezoning permit filed for 965 Howell Mill Rd (immediately south of 10th street, across from the Osprey).
"This application requests a rezoning of a 1.256 acre property from I-1 to MRC-3. The property is located in the Marietta Street Artery Overlay district which will not change with this application. The property is an assemblage of separate parcels on the east side of Howell Mill Road between 10th Street and 9th Street. The property is currently improved with a few aging low rise buildings, including a former church and surface parking. Approval of the rezoning will facilitate the construction of a mixed use development with approximately 25,479 square feet of sidewalk level commerial uses and approximately 343 multifamily units. The project is achieving the ground floor commercial bonus identified in Section16-34.028(1)(b)(iii). Parking will be accommodated in structured parking that will be constructed on the property as part of the proposed building. Vehicular access to the project will be provided from 9th Street and 3rd Street."

Old Posted Nov 4, 2021, 6:48 PM

DRC Agenda for Nov - 61-story and 30 story towers proposed in Midtown

Midtown DRC Agenda - November

NEW APPLICATION:

Rockefeller Group - 1072 West Peachtree St.

Design: Brock Hudgins Architects

Project Type:New 61-story mixed-use tower with 350 residential units above ~212,200 SF of office and ~10,000 SF of street-level retail. The site is at the southwest corner of West Peachtree St. and 12th St. An 8-story fully screened podium deck with 850 parking spacesis accessible from both West Peachtree St. and 12th St. Three (3) loading spaces areaccessed by a shared driveway along 12th St. The residential lobby and leasing office face12th St. while the office lobby and retail spaces are both accessible from West Peachtree St.

NEW APPLICATION: Trammell Crow - 80 Peachtree Pl. (Stratus Midtown)

Design: Duda Paine Architects (think Cousins/glassy look)

Project Type:New 30-story office tower with ~465,000 SF of office and ~8,900 SF of retail. The site fronts three streets: 10th St., Crescent Ave., and Peachtree Pl. As part of the project, Crescent Ave. would be modified into a pedestrian friendly shared street in coordination with the Atlanta History Center. The development includes a 13-story, fully enclosed podium deck with 828 parking spaces accessible from both 10th St. and Peachtree Pl. Two (2) loading spaces are accessible from a combined driveway along Peachtree Pl. Retail space is provided along 10th St. A ~2,200 SF multi-purpose space is proposed on Crescent Ave. The office lobby is located at the SE corner of the building with a small café space facing Peachtree Pl.

Rockefeller Group already has a link on their website for this address:

https://www.rockefellergroup.com/dev...achtree-st-nw/

Looks like the site by Trammell Crow is on the Delta Credit Union site behind the Margaret Mitchell House. Seems like they might have had some deal with the Atlanta History Center to build here and provide some space for them?

Old Posted Nov 4, 2021, 7:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
Midtown DRC Agenda - November

NEW APPLICATION:

Rockefeller Group - 1072 West Peachtree St.

Design: Brock Hudgins Architects

Project Type:New 61-story mixed-use tower with 350 residential units above ~212,200 SF of office and ~10,000 SF of street-level retail. The site is at the southwest corner of West Peachtree St. and 12th St. An 8-story fully screened podium deck with 850 parking spacesis accessible from both West Peachtree St. and 12th St. Three (3) loading spaces areaccessed by a shared driveway along 12th St. The residential lobby and leasing office face12th St. while the office lobby and retail spaces are both accessible from West Peachtree St.

NEW APPLICATION: Trammell Crow - 80 Peachtree Pl. (Stratus Midtown)

Design: Duda Paine Architects (think Cousins/glassy look)

Project Type:New 30-story office tower with ~465,000 SF of office and ~8,900 SF of retail. The site fronts three streets: 10th St., Crescent Ave., and Peachtree Pl. As part of the project, Crescent Ave. would be modified into a pedestrian friendly shared street in coordination with the Atlanta History Center. The development includes a 13-story, fully enclosed podium deck with 828 parking spaces accessible from both 10th St. and Peachtree Pl. Two (2) loading spaces are accessible from a combined driveway along Peachtree Pl. Retail space is provided along 10th St. A ~2,200 SF multi-purpose space is proposed on Crescent Ave. The office lobby is located at the SE corner of the building with a small café space facing Peachtree Pl.

Rockefeller Group already has a link on their website for this address:

https://www.rockefellergroup.com/dev...achtree-st-nw/

Looks like the site by Trammell Crow is on the Delta Credit Union site behind the Margaret Mitchell House. Seems like they might have had some deal with the Atlanta History Center to build here and provide some space for them?
Please god....

Old Posted Nov 4, 2021, 7:32 PM

Ummm I think there's a typo in one of the projects. It seems to have 61-story proposal and I think it's illegal in Atlanta.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2021, 7:48 PM

Wow 61 Stories would be amazing. Hopefully the design looks good and it actually happens.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2021, 7:50 PM

So there's the big project we were waiting for from the Rockfeller Group. 61 stories with office? That means it's gotta be at least 700 feet. I'm sure it will be VE'd and end as a 35 story project in 1 or 2 years.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2021, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyslam View Post
Wow 61 Stories would be amazing. Hopefully the design looks good and it actually happens.
Looks like they hired Brock Hudgins for the design. Based on all the other nearby proposals they've worked on, I am hopeful. At 61 stories, I would think this could rival One Atlantic Center in height (especially if you account for the grade change between 14th and 12th St).

Old Posted Nov 4, 2021, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
Ummm I think there's a typo in one of the projects. It seems to have 61-story proposal and I think it's illegal in Atlanta.
Well, in Atlanta, any project that proposes mixed-uses within a single building footprint, usually gets axed.

We may end up with the offices OR the residential, but probably not both.

It seems that every project that has been proposed with mixed uses within the same single structure, has fallen through or had one of the components dropped.

Remember the projects with mixed uses that didn't move forward at all or not as proposed...

- Stalled Selig 50+ story mixed Use project on Peachtree (Office/Hotel/Residential)
- 1230 West Peachtree - (Office/Residential - deleted office portion)
- Stalled Opus - (although that may never have moved forward anyway)

The only mixed use projects that have moved forward have been projects with the Office/Residential/Hotel components planned in separate structures.

- Midtown Union (3 buildings)
- 1105 W. Peachtree (3 Buildings)
- Novel on 14th St. (2 Buildings)
- The Ascent Apts. & Canopy Hotel (2 Buildings)

The deal killer here seems to be the stacking of uses on top of each other - which give the projects their impressive height.

So...the Mid-Town Zoning regulations either restrict this possibility or make it devastatingly complicated.

It’s past time for a Midtown Zoning Ordinance RE-WRITE!

Old Posted Nov 4, 2021, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post

Old Posted Nov 4, 2021, 8:31 PM

Y’all are to much! The correct response is: Wow. Sounds exciting. Let’s look forward to this…

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Nov 4, 2021, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR View Post
Well, in Atlanta, any project that proposes mixed-uses within a single building footprint, usually gets axed.

We may end up with the offices OR the residential, but probably not both.

It seems that every project that has been proposed with mixed uses within the same single structure, has fallen through or had one of the components dropped.

Remember the projects with mixed uses that didn't move forward at all or not as proposed...

- Stalled Selig 50+ story mixed Use project on Peachtree (Office/Hotel/Residential)
- 1230 West Peachtree - (Office/Residential - deleted office portion)
- Stalled Opus - (although that may never have moved forward anyway)

The only mixed use projects that have moved forward have been projects with the Office/Residential/Hotel components planned in separate structures.

- Midtown Union (3 buildings)
- 1105 W. Peachtree (3 Buildings)
- Novel on 14th St. (2 Buildings)
- The Ascent Apts. & Canopy Hotel (2 Buildings)

The deal killer here seems to be the stacking of uses on top of each other - which give the projects their impressive height.

So...the Mid-Town Zoning regulations either restrict this possibility or make it devastatingly complicated.

It’s past time for a Midtown Zoning Ordinance RE-WRITE!

Thanks for the thoughtful, informative post!

So basically, everyone calm down - would love to see it but zoning laws and recent history make this a tentative proposal at this point.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2021, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
Y’all are to much! The correct response is: Wow. Sounds exciting. Let’s look forward to this…
I would really like to see this 61 story tower move forward, but we got our hopes up so many times in the past and got burned - I've become jaded.
Help - I need counseling.

I will surely look forward to seeing the 30 story come through and I will keep my hopes up for the other.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2021, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR View Post
I would really like to see this 61 story tower move forward, but we got our hopes up so many times in the past and got burned - I've become jaded.
Help - I need counseling.

I will surely look forward to seeing the 30 story come through and I will keep my hopes up for the other.

I mean we broke the sports curse maybe we can break the 35 story limit curse now

Old Posted Nov 4, 2021, 9:39 PM

If I remember correctly, Rockefeller dropped major $$$ on this small parcel. This is one of the premier developers in the country, they can easily pull this off.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2021, 9:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin View Post
I mean we broke the sports curse maybe we can break the 35 story limit curse now
Lol…

Lets Rally for some super-talls… time to break another curse

Ohhh -ohh-oh-oh-oh
O___-ohh -oh-oh-oh

Haha

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta