HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 3:49 PM

The cleared area seemed much larger when I was by today, but I might be wrong. There were 2 excavators at the site this morning.

Last edited by cl812; Oct 2, 2014 at 4:01 PM.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 4:29 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Happy 6000 posts Freddy!!!

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl812 View Post
The cleared area seemed much larger when I was by today, but I might be wrong. There were 2 excavators at the site this morning.
Where exactly is this? Adjacent to Fox Subaru Volvo? I think that's where the Mitsubishi dealership is going.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
Where exactly is this? Adjacent to Fox Subaru Volvo? I think that's where the Mitsubishi dealership is going.
That is the spot, was wondering if thats what it was.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 5:36 AM

I see they're building a Subway on Bishop Dr. near the fisheries building. That came out of nowhere.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 11:20 AM

Yeah I saw that a few weeks ago and kept forgetting to mention it.

While we don't really *need* another Subway, with all the apartments in that area + Speedy coming into the area next door to it, it makes sense to start seeing more food options in that corner of the city, besides Tims.

The Hotel construction is really coming along well. But I hope they can finish most of the construction on Bishop before the snow comes, or that's going to be a mess. At least finish the lane expansion. (The Smythe extension can be done whenever)

Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 12:40 PM

I mentioned the Subway a few pages ago.

Bishop Drive is really filling in.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 2:00 PM
The Sheriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Yeah I saw that a few weeks ago and kept forgetting to mention it.

While we don't really *need* another Subway, with all the apartments in that area + Speedy coming into the area next door to it, it makes sense to start seeing more food options in that corner of the city, besides Tims.

The Hotel construction is really coming along well. But I hope they can finish most of the construction on Bishop before the snow comes, or that's going to be a mess. At least finish the lane expansion. (The Smythe extension can be done whenever)

I wouldnt worry about finishing it before the snow flys. You dont have a car. Does the bus even run up on Bishop Drive ?

Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 6:20 PM
Any where but Fredericton

I hope the Hampton inn has a cool waterslide like Moncton and Saint John. Very nice hotel on top of that too. Fredericton will be glad to get another great hotel.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2014, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev71 View Post
I hope the Hampton inn has a cool waterslide like Moncton and Saint John. Very nice hotel on top of that too. Fredericton will be glad to get another great hotel.
The hotel will have a water slide.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 12:48 PM

Was in Regent Mall last night. As I expected, Calender Club is taking over the old Hallmark spot for the End of year season. And it looks like an outdoor sports shop set up shop in Blacks. (selling ATV equipment, and coats and stuff; I think it's just an outlet for their main shop).

What was surprising to me, is that West 49 has shut down, and shut down REALLY suddenly by the looks of it. The signs were down and everything seemed to be packed up quickly (they didn't even cover the windows and doors). There were no "We're moving" signs or anything either. All in all, very strange for a business that's been there such a long time. (The chain itself still seems active)

That does leave 2 of the 4 slots between H&M and Walmart available. I could see the china shop moving to the Blacks Slot if some company wanted a 3 slot in the mall. I could even see Payless moving to the Corbett Centre next ot Hallmark again if someone wanted the full stretch.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev71 View Post
It's too bad though that they're going with wood versus concrete construction. Great for the New Brunswick (I hope!) forest/lumber industry but not as 'quality' a building, particularly when it comes to sound. Moncton and Saint John Hamptons were concrete construction.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 1:19 AM
New Brunswick booster!

Bluenotes...which left the mall...is in the West 49 now. Saw the sign up tonight.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 2:15 AM

Hmm where were they before? I thought they used to be down near Sears but probably left when some of the new stores came in. (Or I'm just mixing them up with Boathouse or something).

The Regent Mall website lists them as opening on October 10th now. Yellowpages.ca has Bluenotes pointing at the Regent Mall offices.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 2:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV70 View Post
It's too bad though that they're going with wood versus concrete construction. Great for the New Brunswick (I hope!) forest/lumber industry but not as 'quality' a building, particularly when it comes to sound. Moncton and Saint John Hamptons were concrete construction.
I'm quite sure SJ Hampton was more or less identical to this Fredericton one...but I could be wrong. The building would still be designed to meet the same STC levels. Most or all hotel chains have 'Brand standards' that must be met.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 11:08 AM

A co worker saw a Old Navy sign on Bishop Drive area and I am unable to drive up that way until later today. Is there any truth to that ?

Last edited by trev71; Oct 9, 2014 at 12:32 PM.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 11:55 AM

Was through there yesterday and I didnt notice anything.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 12:32 PM

LOL, I drove Bishop this morning and didn't see anything.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBall View Post
I'm quite sure SJ Hampton was more or less identical to this Fredericton one...but I could be wrong. The building would still be designed to meet the same STC levels. Most or all hotel chains have 'Brand standards' that must be met.
How many floors will the new Hampton Inn be? Anything over a certain amount of storys requires concrete construction. Its much cheaper to build with wood.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkies View Post
How many floors will the new Hampton Inn be? Anything over a certain amount of storys requires concrete construction. Its much cheaper to build with wood.

I know the one in Moncton is 5, 6 if you count the ground floor

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces