HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Old Posted Aug 16, 2021, 10:29 PM

Old Posted Aug 21, 2021, 2:36 AM

Poor interior construction quality

Have heard from many buyers at least 50% of the units in the Pacific have very noisy and defective filtering mechanism / HVAC unit's.

Personally, I have been into units where I can hear high-pitch whistling noises that reaches decibels of high 60's. A few units even have a 'propeller-blade' sound coming from the HVAC panels.

Quite disappointing for folks who spent their good money hoping for some peace and quiet especially if needing to work from home.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2021, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillfang View Post
Have heard from many buyers at least 50% of the units in the Pacific have very noisy and defective filtering mechanism / HVAC unit's.

Personally, I have been into units where I can hear high-pitch whistling noises that reaches decibels of high 60's. A few units even have a 'propeller-blade' sound coming from the HVAC panels.

Quite disappointing for folks who spent their good money hoping for some peace and quiet especially if needing to work from home.
Yikes. Grosvenor is quite reputable, I imagine this will be addressed.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2021, 10:29 PM

I feel bad for the people who purchased those ground level townhomes, just across the street from a homeless shelter. I saw them yesterday, a couple minutes after walking by "Artemesia" at Hornby and Helmcken where some junkie was shooting up with his paraphenalia all spread out just inside the gate of one of those townhomes.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2021, 4:45 AM

This evening...Many more balcony lights installed.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2021, 5:24 PM

Great view you have there! Two of downtown peninsula's nicest in your view sight.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2021, 6:36 PM

Is this the first resale to hit the market?

https://www.rew.ca/properties/356970...ag&sort=latest

Old Posted Sep 3, 2021, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Is this the first resale to hit the market?

https://www.rew.ca/properties/356970...ag&sort=latest
Strange layout.
No dining room to speak of, other than the built-in counter, which seems to encroach into a very small living room.
Because of the architecture, the corner view to English Bay is blocked.

Better pics here of the unit above:
https://www.rew.ca/properties/354343...-vancouver-bc#

Old Posted Sep 3, 2021, 7:32 PM

Considering that two million dollars will buy you almost any penthouse in Burnaby, one needs to be a blithering diot to pay that much for a small and shitty Downtown condo.

Maybe the current owner is desperately trying to get rid of the unit before the inevitable major water leak during the first year?

Last edited by Klazu; Sep 4, 2021 at 5:02 AM.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2021, 9:15 PM

Seeing this poor layout makes me very happy for our projects.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2021, 9:40 PM
Blazed Member - Citygater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
Maybe the current owner is desperately trying to get rid of the unit before the inevitable major water leak during the first year?
no no this is not a Westbank tower. the routine water leaks are Westbank towers. LOL.

I know with the shitty layout got you confused. LOL easy to understand as the Westbank layouts are crap also. LOL

"orange vested guy" - towerguy3

Old Posted Sep 7, 2021, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenWhy? View Post
Seeing this poor layout makes me very happy for our projects.
Looks like the kitchen island dining table takes away the necessity to get your own dining table: just add the stools and you already have a dining area. The rest of the space will have to make do as the living room. I wonder if all the units have tables attached to the kitchen island counter like the example shown here.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2021, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
Looks like the kitchen island dining table takes away the necessity to get your own dining table: just add the stools and you already have a dining area. The rest of the space will have to make do as the living room. I wonder if all the units have tables attached to the kitchen island counter like the example shown here.
$2 million for a place without a dining area. Sad.

The smart money would buy an older, larger Concord unit in the area (quieter too) and save the difference for assessment/upgrades.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2021, 9:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Strange layout.
No dining room to speak of, other than the built-in counter, which seems to encroach into a very small living room.

My place is basically the exact same layout lol, though at half the price. Definitely prefer a big open kitchen with a big island/bar rather than 2 smaller spaces separating cooking from eating.

Most new downtown places don't have a dedicated dining room anymore - it's usually just an extension of the kitchen island. Even if I wasn't eating out all the time, 95% of the meals I had with my family at their house is at the kitchen island.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2021, 5:39 AM
dazzle me

Grosvenor is one of the savviest global developers, and I have no doubt that once immigration starts back up, their brand will probably get this sold out. But, damn, unless fees drop, this moment is going to be the high water mark, because there just isn't going to be easy money anymore for places like this.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2021, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
I feel bad for the people who purchased those ground level townhomes, just across the street from a homeless shelter. I saw them yesterday, a couple minutes after walking by "Artemesia" at Hornby and Helmcken where some junkie was shooting up with his paraphenalia all spread out just inside the gate of one of those townhomes.
I hear the sentiment, but, why would anyone buy a ground oriented unit Downtown? Its not a surprise that you'll have feces, urine, and needles to enjoy each morning.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2021, 4:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Strange layout.

That unit for $800,000 is appealing to me.

That unit for $2,169,000 is asinine to me.

I'm not a multi-millionaire, but I got some cash. I can't fathom in what position I would have to be to feel comfortable spending 2 million on that unit.

On the flip side, if your frame of reference is say, HK, that's not a bad deal at all.

So, in the end, waste of typing. I suppose its all relative.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2021, 7:30 PM

There will always be rich folks who will willingly be ripped off, either to rent or purchase such a unit here. So let them be! At least they are less likely to be hoarding Shaughnessy or Van West mansions with large yards. For me, at least we get to see something beautiful built in our city, not to mention the funding of the City & Province's coffers.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2021, 8:42 PM

Actually, I'm in the same boat with Dleung regarding this unit; I would personally have a larger kitchen and island with bartop than a smaller, linear or L shaped kitchen typical of this size.

I do agree that while the living space is small, I do prefer the use of pocket doors along the glazing side of the room for either bedrooms, a lot more than having regular doors. When you're entertaining, having the doors open allow for a clear continuous sightline along the glazing portions of the unit and really make the unit feel larger than it is. An example where this is executed well would be in The Bryant by David Chipperfield in Manhattan; however, the unit is larger at 1300 sq ft with the principal spaces proportionally larger so the concept works better

https://streeteasy.com/building/the-bryant/20c

Also, it's funny they're trying to ask 2.1m for that unit at The Pacific especially when the developer still has particular plan still available from the 1.6x price range. Personally, I'd only pay in the 1.4x range for that

Old Posted Sep 9, 2021, 1:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofina View Post
That unit for $800,000 is appealing to me.

That unit for $2,169,000 is asinine to me.

I'm not a multi-millionaire, but I got some cash. I can't fathom in what position I would have to be to feel comfortable spending 2 million on that unit.

On the flip side, if your frame of reference is say, HK, that's not a bad deal at all.

So, in the end, waste of typing. I suppose its all relative.
Newsflash: Owners of that unit probably bought at 1.5-1.7M... it's not that insane when comparing to the water park maze that's across the street.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver