HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Mar 13, 2023, 5:33 PM
The Vomit Bag.

looks taller than the actual height. probably due to the thinness.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2024, 7:24 AM

Old Posted Sep 23, 2024, 3:14 PM
The Vomit Bag.

love it

Old Posted Sep 23, 2024, 6:02 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

it fits in well --

Old Posted Sep 23, 2024, 7:38 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
I'm actually loving Montreal and don't want it to be mired by the same problems that Philadelphia faced before 1987. Montreal holds a special place in Canada and North America as the largest French-speaking city and metro area, and a lot of the cultural amenities reflect that such as the Cirque de Soleil. If Montreal doesn't want to build supertalls, that's their prerogative but somewhere in our lifetimes if it continues to hold that outdated view of not needing supertalls and Calgary and Edmonton decides to bolster their economies by building supertalls, just don't be shocked if Calgary and Edmonton becomes number two and three, respectively in Canada's largest cities.
I haven't seen any evidence that building supertalls bolsters a city's economy, at least any more than new construction in general. It seems more like a product of a strong economy (combined with an absence of policies prohibiting them) rather than the cause.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2024, 12:51 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Are supertalls ever needed, anywhere? As much as we love them, they are neither necessary nor sufficient for making/keeping a city great.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2024, 2:43 PM
Fake News

A set of twins I actually like! Montreal doesn't have the twins and triplets of non descript offices and condos that Calgary has so this actually makes a statement. I like the skybridge too.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2024, 2:56 PM
The Vomit Bag.

It is a nice, unique addition to the Montreal skyline.

I believe that Tour de la Bourse (Place Victoria) was supposed to have a twin (actually, a triplet).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_de_la_Bourse

Old Posted Sep 25, 2024, 3:36 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
It is a nice, unique addition to the Montreal skyline.

I believe that Tour de la Bourse (Place Victoria) was supposed to have a twin (actually, a triplet).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_de_la_Bourse
I'm glad that never came to fruition. In a similar vein one of the few benefits to the downturn in our economy in Calgary is that Brookfield Place's proposed shorter twin has been shelved. Hopefully if something gets built on the other half of the lot one day it will be mixed use and a completely different design. Since our DT office market tanked there's no office towers on the horizon for a loooong time.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction