HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted May 21, 2024, 8:43 PM
Hamilton Historian

Annnnd it gets the old hamilton cheapification, where anything of interest is stripped and it looks boring as hell. Yawn. That white base may look okay in renders but it ends up looking more like cinderblock once it's done.

Seriously hope nothing hits those pillars in the giant middle entrance..

Old Posted May 21, 2024, 9:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronamut View Post
Annnnd it gets the old hamilton cheapification, where anything of interest is stripped and it looks boring as hell.
I don't think this project had any overly redeeming qualities. I personally prefer this over the previous iteration with the big stupid black boxes

Old Posted May 21, 2024, 11:21 PM
Hamilton Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawrylyshyn View Post
I don't think this project had any overly redeeming qualities. I personally prefer this over the previous iteration with the big stupid black boxes
I will agree with you there - but the FIRST render with more of the townhouses was cooler-ish - I mean it was still kinda meh with every iteration but at least I felt they were trying in their own way at first - but yes we don't need any more picture frame jutout designs on our MDUs, I think we have enough at this point.

Old Posted May 22, 2024, 1:50 AM
Ham-burgher

One thing I do wish is that people would stop blaming Hamilton for the decisions made by private investors or those of "senior" levels of government (especially with respect to major projects like the LRT). I do think the local DeRP hasn't lived up to what it could be, and maybe city staff should be more diligent in what they approve, but the city itself isn't to blame.

I think as Hamilton becomes even more attractive for investment by more discerning builders we'll see quality improve. Right now I think it's mostly a target for profit from cheaper investments... but as demand demands it we will see more quality in the proposals.

Old Posted May 23, 2024, 5:01 PM
Hamilton Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingViking View Post
One thing I do wish is that people would stop blaming Hamilton for the decisions made by private investors or those of "senior" levels of government (especially with respect to major projects like the LRT). I do think the local DeRP hasn't lived up to what it could be, and maybe city staff should be more diligent in what they approve, but the city itself isn't to blame.

I think as Hamilton becomes even more attractive for investment by more discerning builders we'll see quality improve. Right now I think it's mostly a target for profit from cheaper investments... but as demand demands it we will see more quality in the proposals.
LOL the local DERP.

But yeah I SERIOUSLY hope so as it's rather embarrassing some of the stuff that is getting built..

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton