HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

View Poll Results: Which steakhouse is your favorite?
Frasher's 0 0%
Donovan's 11 34.38%
Durant's 7 21.88%
Kincaid's 1 3.13%
Morton's 3 9.38%
Flemming's 4 12.50%
Mastros' 4 12.50%
TexAZ Grill 2 6.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 5:35 PM
under the influence...

Hey everyone, here's a great solution for the troll that continues to bless us with his enlightenment...

It's worked wonders for me.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 10:52 PM
BANNED

but Vertex, you took all the guesswork out of it... :-P

Old Posted Nov 4, 2007, 6:14 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertex View Post
Hey everyone, here's a great solution for the troll that continues to bless us with his enlightenment...

It's worked wonders for me.
Dear Vertex,

I've already enlightened you with this statement: "Moron applies to anyone that consistently rips into any and all chain restaurants without just cause."

I thought I'd provide you with further enlightenment, free of charge:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks he's a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving. CBS, NBC, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food. America is stunned by the sharp contrast. How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so? Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody cries when they sing, "It's Not Easy Being Green."
Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news stations film the group singing, "We shall overcome". Jesse then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake. Howard Dean & John Kerry exclaim in an interview with Peter Jennings that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his fair share. Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity and Anti-Grasshopper Act, retroactive to the beginning of the summer. The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the government. Hillary gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried before a panel of federal judges that Bill appointed from a list of single-parent welfare recipients. The ant loses the case.
The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it. The ant has disappeared in the snow. The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

Can you handle the truth, Vertex? "No pansies allowed" big guy.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2007, 4:49 PM
BANNED

that was the stupidest thing ive ever read, and the only reason not to put you on ignore. I would miss those laughable attempts at comparisons.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2007, 7:03 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Vandercook View Post
that was the stupidest thing ive ever read, and the only reason not to put you on ignore. I would miss those laughable attempts at comparisons.
Hit a little too close to home, Vandercook?

The fact that you are the voice of reason for the left says it all really. Thank you.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2007, 6:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX NATIVE 929 View Post
The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

This is comic gold. "Gang of spiders," indeed.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2007, 3:18 PM
under the influence...

Old Posted Nov 6, 2007, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX NATIVE 929 View Post
Dear Vertex,

I've already enlightened you with this statement: "Moron applies to anyone that consistently rips into any and all chain restaurants without just cause."

I thought I'd provide you with further enlightenment, free of charge:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks he's a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving. CBS, NBC, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food. America is stunned by the sharp contrast. How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so? Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody cries when they sing, "It's Not Easy Being Green."
Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news stations film the group singing, "We shall overcome". Jesse then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake. Howard Dean & John Kerry exclaim in an interview with Peter Jennings that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his fair share. Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity and Anti-Grasshopper Act, retroactive to the beginning of the summer. The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the government. Hillary gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried before a panel of federal judges that Bill appointed from a list of single-parent welfare recipients. The ant loses the case.
The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it. The ant has disappeared in the snow. The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

wow! is it the phoenix heat that brings out this kind of delusion?

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 4:10 PM

TexAZ makes the best HAM steak in town. Only on Tuesdays though.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 5:25 PM

Well, chain or no, I want neither grasshoppers nor ants in my neighborhood, or where I choose to eat. I mean, let either into the area and the property values go down and the whole place goes to shit and it's time to flee to the suburbs.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest