HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

3 Hudson Boulevard in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 1, 2007, 5:03 PM
Dubai goes Crazy

completed 2011? think they've to start soon

Old Posted Nov 1, 2007, 5:56 PM
Landmark Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
completed 2011? think they've to start soon
Nothing's set in stone. I checked the DOB website and couldn't find anything. But they're already excavating the site. And I've sporadically checked the Fox and Fowle website for almost a decade now and they don't post fantasy projects.

What's really surprising to me is that Extell is starting work on a tall tower as is Moinian. Has the 7 line even started construction yet? Right now there is no middle ground, theres these construction sites and then gas-stations, chop shops, junk shops, mcdonalds, clubs, and parking lots.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2007, 7:00 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by STERNyc View Post
What's really surprising to me is that Extell is starting work on a tall tower as is Moinian. Has the 7 line even started construction yet? Right now there is no middle ground, theres these construction sites and then gas-stations, chop shops, junk shops, mcdonalds, clubs, and parking lots.
A lot of this will happen simultaneously. The City has quietly acquired all of the land it needs for the subway extension, and the planned Hudson Boulevard. Everything is moving according to plan, except the Javits Center expansion. Spitzer came into office with the promise of moving things along, but has proven to be just as slow if not worse than Pataki in getting these things moving along. Despite that however, the rest of the developments are taking shape.

Because of complications regarding the winner of the railyards site, and its various bidders/tenants, some of the other developers in the area are waiting to pick up the pieces from the fallout. Everyone looking to may get to move to the west side, one way or another.

It's like the city has created a big playground for developers, and said "go out and play!"

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2008, 1:14 PM
New Yorker for life

LOL, it's as much architecture as anything else.

curbed.com

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2008, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
LOL, it's as much architecture as anything else.

curbed.com
Is this building twisted or not. I've illustrated it with a slight twist, but in some of the recent model it appears to be straight. Also the recent addition to the NYC diagram the illustrator drew it as straight-wall. So I'm a bit confused. Are my eyes deceiving me!

Old Posted Nov 1, 2007, 5:25 PM
Redhawkfan

Now this looks very promising! A real cluster with a couple of giants on the West side would be sweeet

Old Posted Nov 1, 2007, 7:17 PM

It's nice, simple.

It reminds me somewhat of an extruded version of 7WTC from certain angles.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 3:10 AM

I was excited when i saw the listing for a new 1000+ ft proposal for NYC. Then I saw the design and was extremely underwhelmed. It's as though the architects made a very tall box then cut out 2 small sections from the top.... and that was it, nothing else. I was very surprised to see everyone exclaiming their excitement over the bldg. Yeah, it's tall but what else? Trust me, I'd take it for my dwntwn in a heartbeat, but is it exceptional for NYC? You'd think there'd be room for creating something striking in this market for the '3rd' dwntwn of manhattan. Blehk....

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 3:30 AM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuelas View Post
I was excited when i saw the listing for a new 1000+ ft proposal for NYC. Then I saw the design and was extremely underwhelmed. It's as though the architects made a very tall box then cut out 2 small sections from the top.... and that was it, nothing else. I was very surprised to see everyone exclaiming their excitement over the bldg. Yeah, it's tall but what else? Trust me, I'd take it for my dwntwn in a heartbeat, but is it exceptional for NYC? You'd think there'd be room for creating something striking in this market for the '3rd' dwntwn of manhattan. Blehk....
This is modern NYC architecture. The building is a poster child for a new breed of buildings (green). It's tall, innovative, and beneficial to the enviroment. Plus its a supertall without a spire.

IMO, it's just what the doctor ordered.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 4:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
This is modern NYC architecture. The building is a poster child for a new breed of buildings (green). It's tall, innovative, and beneficial to the enviroment. Plus its a supertall without a spire.

IMO, it's just what the doctor ordered.
you mean they're gonna start making green-glass skyscrapers now? its about time!

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 11:36 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuelas View Post
You'd think there'd be room for creating something striking in this market for the '3rd' dwntwn of manhattan. Blehk....
You seem to speak as if this is the "centerpiece" of the new west side of Manhattan. It isn't. It's a mixed-use tower that is as tall as it is because of zoning. There doesn't have to be anything exceptional about it. The height alone is "striking", considering its an area that barely has any highrises. Want a tower that screams for attention? Go to Dubai. That's not how they do it in New York, although we do have some nice ones.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 3:59 AM
Ascension

Even though the name GiraSole sounds like some sort of foot medicine, I really love this tower. This is how to make a gracefull, classy building. Simple, clean, and modern through and through. I love it.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 4:11 AM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 5:59 AM
Posh

Damn, so many supertalls u/c or proposed in Manhattan I can't keep track of them all.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 5:19 PM

Hey NYguy, was there something overly ignorant or offensive in what Charmedone's comment was? Get a grip. There, that's my 2nd post and I wasted it on you.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 8:24 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymguy2k View Post
Hey NYguy, was there something overly ignorant or offensive in what Charmedone's comment was? Get a grip. There, that's my 2nd post and I wasted it on you.
pathetic, waste of space

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 7:03 PM
JoeCooper

Before reading take note that I'm not getting into the whole Chicago VS NYC nonsense, I'm talking about how this building compares to another building in another city. I personally look at this building as Chicago's John Hancock of NYC! They are the first major mixed use projects for each city. This will also be one of NYC's highest ablove ground pools to be in a highrise as the pool in the JHC is on the 44th floor and is the highest in Chicago. We know that both buildings are over 1,000 feet, but they may both be around the same height. Also, as of now this building will have a major impact on the NYC skyline as JHC did when constructed in Chicago and still does! Either way, both buildings are pioneers for their city. It makes me that much happier that this one is aready in preperation!!!

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 7:22 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
Before reading take note that I'm not getting into the whole Chicago VS NYC nonsense, I'm talking about how this building compares to another building in another city. I personally look at this building as Chicago's John Hancock of NYC! They are the first major mixed use projects for each city. This will also be one of NYC's highest ablove ground pools to be in a highrise as the pool in the JHC is on the 44th floor and is the highest in Chicago. We know that both buildings are over 1,000 feet, but they may both be around the same height. Also, as of now this building will have a major impact on the NYC skyline as JHC did when constructed in Chicago and still does! Either way, both buildings are pioneers for their city. It makes me that much happier that this one is aready in preperation!!!
To compare any up-coming building to the John Hancock Center in Chicago is an honor for both the building and the city in which it's being constructed. I appreciate that comment.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 8:05 PM

The comment regarding the pool is an interesting one. Looking at the rendering from above the roof, that was one of the things that caught my eye. A pool ~1,000 ft above ground! got to be one of the highest in the world once it completed, although I'm sure something in Dubai, probably one of the many proposed hotels, will be higher.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 8:17 PM
World Machine

How cool would it be to swim 1,000 ft above Manhattan.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction