HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 11, 2014, 9:28 PM

From last year's CBC story:

Quote:
Urquhart said surveyors will be out this summer to start planning the project, which will add more three-lane sections for easier access to business and residential areas, as well as sidewalks and wider shoulders.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2014, 2:02 PM

Looks like the transition from a Lakeview Inn to a Holiday Inn Express and Suites is nearing completion. Found this on the HI website:

"The Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fredericton is now accepting reservations for arrivals on or after October 16, 2014."

They have essentially rebuilt the property.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2014, 1:14 PM
Any where but Fredericton

I see Blacks in the Regent mall is closing, also when i was in Moncton or well Dieppe mall this weekend I saw they were going out of business.

wonder what will take their spot its not too big

Old Posted Sep 16, 2014, 1:32 PM

That gives Regent 2 empty slots I believe? Maybe they'll try to convince Royal Dalton to move to the Black's slot so they can sell the combined space?

This close to the Christmas Season, they'll probably just stick the Calender Club in one (or both) of them instead of having the aisle spaces, and sort it out in the new year. Payless or one of Black's neighbours may want to expand into it in the end.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2014, 3:07 PM
Any where but Fredericton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
That gives Regent 2 empty slots I believe? Maybe they'll try to convince Royal Dalton to move to the Black's slot so they can sell the combined space?

This close to the Christmas Season, they'll probably just stick the Calender Club in one (or both) of them instead of having the aisle spaces, and sort it out in the new year. Payless or one of Black's neighbours may want to expand into it in the end.
I didnt even notice that Royal Dalton was still there. I cant imagine how that is still in business

Old Posted Sep 17, 2014, 8:39 PM

Has anyone else noticed an increase in traffic at Prospect/Regent lately? Normally when I go by in the morning it's backed up halfway to the last ramp (coming from the Vanier), yesterday it was all the way to the ramp and today it was several car lengths beyond the overpass, about halfway from the intersection to Liverpool St.

I wonder what's causing that?

Old Posted Sep 17, 2014, 9:10 PM

Maybe it's school and University back in session, combined with the work going on on Prospect and Smythe (people going up Regent to avoid the Smythe intersection)?

Old Posted Sep 17, 2014, 9:14 PM

I'm sure it's due the closure of the Smythe Street exit further up.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 11:56 PM

I'd like to change the subject, if that's OK with everybody. First, direct your collective attention to the first post here, with the boulevard:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...=182687&page=2

The thread in question is a bit ludicrous, planning for Fredericton to be a city of 500k, which will not happen for several hundred years, most likely. But I like the idea of a RIRO (Right-In, Right-Out) boulevard as a major traffic artery with driveways. My proposal is to use this idea on Prospect St. from Regent to Smythe. It would look something like this incredibly badly drawn example:

I only did the western portion because I'm lazy, but 2-lane roundabouts would be installed at all current signalized intersections, including the one next to Timmy's and the one in front of FHS. All driveways can only turn right, and left turns require going to the nearest roundabout and pulling a U-turn. This should fix the problems that currently occur with left turns, particularly around Timmy's/McD's/KFC/FHS. Regent/Prospect would stay the same, although a double left turn lane from the mall onto Prospect and upgrading the Regent overpass to six lanes (in quite a few years).

Anybody like the idea? Should anything of this sort be implemented, on Prospect or elsewhere in the city?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2014, 1:06 AM

Some pics of the new tower going up next to Westpoint near the Legion.

Taken by me on Sept 18:

The girders for the next floor are huge. Going to be interesting to see how they get set up on the pillars.

This is an older pic from a few weeks before (Aug 22):

Old Posted Sep 21, 2014, 3:25 AM

Noticed a construction trailer today at the Sleep Country site at the Corbett Centre.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2014, 1:54 PM

Is it just me, or does the Homesense/Hallmark building seem short? The extra parking/garbage dump space between it and St Hubert seems too big with room enough to add at least another section as big as the Hallmark/Empty space section if they wanted.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2014, 2:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl812 View Post
Noticed a construction trailer today at the Sleep Country site at the Corbett Centre.
Noticed that yesterday as well. Looks like construction is planned soon

Old Posted Sep 21, 2014, 8:59 PM

According to the latest site map the Smart Centre, on 2NC, will be getting a GNC store...in addition to the Dollarama

http://www.smartcentres.com/sites/de...REDERICTON.pdf

Old Posted Sep 21, 2014, 9:38 PM

Here is the link to the plans for the former Canadian Tire on Main Street

http://www.plaza.ca/portfolio/New_Br...ept%202014.pdf

Old Posted Sep 21, 2014, 9:50 PM

Noticed the golf course construction off Brookside/St Mary's has really come along nicely. The greens are actually filling in now. Looks like the plan to open in 2015 is on track.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2014, 3:32 PM

I believe they plan to open nine holes next year. I'd assume the other nine would open in 2016 if they stick to that schedule.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2014, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
I believe they plan to open nine holes next year. I'd assume the other nine would open in 2016 if they stick to that schedule.
The "back nine" would likely be at least a couple of years later as they haven't done any work on those holes yet. I believe they want to bring some $$ in to pay the bills before committing to the final holes

Old Posted Sep 22, 2014, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddypop View Post
Here is the link to the plans for the former Canadian Tire on Main Street

http://www.plaza.ca/portfolio/New_Br...ept%202014.pdf
I hate to be the Negative Nelly here but I cant see anything being successfull on Main st. Theres many business that have come and gone. 2NC is where new business want to be. I hope im wrong about main st.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2014, 9:18 PM

Looks nice for the old CT lot; looking forward to seeing anything in there to be honest. The pads probably won't be built any time soon, but getting the main building renovated will be a good start. Main street should have enough traffic to support a few minimalls, and hopefully a new looking one will lead to the Foodland and Giant Tiger minimalls being uplifted. (Foodland's minimall should just have a match tossed at it and started over from scratch).

As for GNC, I thought the Dollerama building looked like it would have room for 2 or more buisnesses. it almost looked like it could have a drivethru window, but not enough room in the back for a swingaround. Wonder if we'll see a Pita Pit in there too? (Seems like we get one every other minimall. )

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces