HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Aug 26, 2014, 12:49 PM

I think their signs said they were hoping to be open the first week or two of September. Since this is the dead season for cards, it's an ideal time to move locations. (Not much card demand for "Welcome back to school!" I suspect. and too soon for Hallowe'en stuff. )

Old Posted Aug 26, 2014, 12:57 PM
Any where but Fredericton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
I think their signs said they were hoping to be open the first week or two of September. Since this is the dead season for cards, it's an ideal time to move locations. (Not much card demand for "Welcome back to school!" I suspect. and too soon for Hallowe'en stuff. )

I noticed there was some cars in there for a dealership i am not sure what one. hopefully they put something half decent in there, it looks super tacky with cars in there

Old Posted Aug 26, 2014, 1:09 PM

That seems to be the quick solution lately; a mall slot empties, toss some cars into it.

Still Regent is pretty full, so I doubt the slot, especially a high profile slot like that, will remain empty for long, especially with the Christmas season coming. It might be too late to have a permanant store open for the fall/XMas season, but I could easily see Calender Club setting up their annual shop in there.

At the start of summer, I noticed signs that Hallmark was going to move at the START of summer. For Hallmark that didn't make sense, since that was prime Dad/Grad season, and the new location was no where near complete. Seems like they negotiated a short extension to stay through the summer, but I doubt Primearus was happy about that. It meant the slot couldn't be prepared for a new tenant in time for Christmas after all.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2014, 1:56 PM

Framing for both the new Speedy and the Hampton Inn on Bishop started going up yesterday.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2014, 3:02 PM

Now besides walmart there is only one other place to get a card in the mall. Well maybe three if you count chapters. I am sure they sell some of that.

I remember back in the old days when there was three different music stores in the mall.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2014, 3:11 PM

Technically 4 I suppose. Walmart and Carleton Cards; and if you count them, Chapters and Sears have a very light selection of cards. That said, the store is just moving; it's still in the region, still in the general area, so it's not a huge loss for the city, just a minor loss for the mall. (I remember when we had 2 Hallmark stores... possibly even 3, though I'm not sure if I'm remembering the 3rd location right; and that's not counting the pharmacies)

Old Posted Aug 26, 2014, 10:53 PM

Marysville Bypass finally opened today.

Edit: It's already on Google Maps!

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 2:38 PM

Is it just me or is the traffic getting worst ? Ive been taking the dam home all week. the mornings are horrible i took the fast lane tis morning after being in the long one for two days. my wife didnt change lanes and was there almost 40 mins longer them me and we left at the same time *mind blown*

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 5:33 PM

It's gotten worse for sure. Summer vacations are ending and things are gearing back up for fall. Lines on the ring road in the morning are back to their first week of the closure size.

Sounds like today is the last day, though.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 5:42 PM

Its opening this afternoon apparently.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 7:52 PM

I drove across the bridge around 4:20, and all the northbound lanes/ramps were open. They were just finishing removing the pylons from the centre.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 8:34 PM

I flew home I got off work at 445 and I was home by 5pm. This is the best news of the week.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2014, 12:12 AM

I drove part of the Marysville bypass today. I only went as far as the first interchange at lower Durham, but it's really nice.

Reminds me of Route 7 between Geary and Welsford with the view, animal fencing, passing lanes, and few turns. Wonder what the rest of the road is like.

Last edited by Franco401; Aug 31, 2014 at 2:03 PM. Reason: Removed picture

Old Posted Sep 1, 2014, 12:58 AM

I also drove the new bypass. Absolutely beautiful views of the Nashwaaksis River Valley! I drove as far is the route 107 exit. Also noticed the former alignment of route 8 is now numbered as route 148.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 4:57 PM

Ive heard there is going to be a A&W and some others have told me its going to be a Burger king up across from Walmart on the northside. What has everyone else heard ?
Ive heard BK more then A&W. id be happy with either or

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 5:24 PM

Is this between Two Nations and Walmart? Or on the other side of Two Nations?

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 5:27 PM

Either would be good. BK seems to be on an expansion kick lately so I'd almost bet it would be that. 2NC does have a number of restaurant pads open, but they are all more around the Kent/Canadian Tire area; the area in front of WalMart was still For Sale and not part of the 2NC complex last I knew. Still, with the growth in that area, I could easily see a few fast food chains popping up there now.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
Is this between Two Nations and Walmart? Or on the other side of Two Nations?

Either side really, The only place I see them doing work is building a dollar rama.

I heard the one in Main Street is going to close. I am not too surprised that dollar rama has really gone down hill. boxes all over the place

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 6:06 PM

I also saw a coming soon sign at the old 777 Location on Main Street here in Fredericton anyone know whats going up there ?

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Either would be good. BK seems to be on an expansion kick lately so I'd almost bet it would be that. 2NC does have a number of restaurant pads open, but they are all more around the Kent/Canadian Tire area; the area in front of WalMart was still For Sale and not part of the 2NC complex last I knew. Still, with the growth in that area, I could easily see a few fast food chains popping up there now.
The area in front of Walmart is around 5 acres and has an estimated value of $1.3M so unless it is part of a larger development I don't see a fast food restaurant going there.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces