HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 13, 2012, 3:26 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaWave View Post
Pelicans?
I will say its old school in a way but also a bit ballsy... everyone will find out in April!

Project: H.009715.6 P2PC-Leos,Brdwy,Frrt,Nashvle,Fontbleu,JeffDavis,Bank,Bienvle

Estimated Value* Solicitation #
$15,000,000.00 H.009715.6

Last edited by tennis1400; Nov 13, 2012 at 4:27 AM.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2012, 5:37 AM
TL;DR

Wow, $15 million is pretty significant. Should be some nice new pavement. I can't wait for Freret especially.... I can't believe MLK/Melpomene didn't make the list, though.

Last edited by ardecila; Nov 13, 2012 at 5:49 AM.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2012, 2:06 PM

Whole Foods on Broad

Quote:
New Orleans, La. - North Broad's old Schwegmann's store may be used as a test site for an upscale grocer.

According to our partners at CityBusiness, Whole Foods is thinking about using its "new urban model" to transform the Schwegmann's Giant Super Market property at 300 North Broad in New Orleans.

A senior adviser in the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development says "development is already beginning."

A spokeswoman for Whole Foods' Louisiana stores says the grocer is interested in moving in. She stops short of confirming a commitment to take over the site.

If Whole Foods moves in, it will be the company's second attempt at using what it calls a "new urban model."

Its first test site in Detroit is set to open next year. From Fox8Live
If built, the Broad store would be the second site of WF's new urban model. Below is the rendering of first site currently being built in Detroit.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2012, 3:42 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Wow, $15 million is pretty significant. Should be some nice new pavement. I can't wait for Freret especially.... I can't believe MLK/Melpomene didn't make the list, though.
There are a bunch of paths to progress bids showing up and they look be bidding by area so Im sure that one will come.

I think the Whole Foods concept is interesting... would like to know the grocery pricepoint they are aiming for though.

Milne Boys Home

Sector Est. Start Date
Public Monday, April 22, 2013
Estimated Value*
$12,000,000.00
Address
5420 Franklin Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70122
Orleans County
New Orleans-Metairie-Kenner, LA Region
Description Renovation of a municipal facility in New Orleans. Working plans call for the renovation of an existing historical residential building to include repairs for seven buildings.

The architect is currently working on construction documents. The construction and bidding phase is pending a decision by the City. This project will possibly move forward second quarter of 2013.

BTW the Brennan family and I think Emerils Daughter is married to one are planning a large restaurant across from Lucys on Tchoupitoulas Street and Girod. These are the buildings on the downtown side of the street!

Old Posted Nov 13, 2012, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
I will say its old school in a way but also a bit ballsy... everyone will find out in April!

Project: H.009715.6 P2PC-Leos,Brdwy,Frrt,Nashvle,Fontbleu,JeffDavis,Bank,Bienvle

$15,000,000.00 H.009715.6
Broadway, FINALLY!!

Old Posted Nov 13, 2012, 4:02 PM
-

Quote:
Broadway, FINALLY!!
Its a lot tooo... its Broadway all the way from Leake Avenue to Fountainbleu.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2012, 4:03 PM

Quote:

BTW the Brennan family and I think Emerils Daughter is married to one are planning a large restaurant across from Lucys on Tchoupitoulas Street and Girod. These are the buildings on the downtown side of the street!
Is this the building that has an open ground floor? I seem to remember seeing a fence around it the other day. Hopefully heavy construction will start soon. Be great to get those eyesores back in commerce. Anyone know when Barcadia and Ohm lounge are supposed to open in that parking garage right there? I feel like construction has been ongoing for about 2 years.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2012, 4:31 PM
-

Quote:
Is this the building that has an open ground floor? I seem to remember seeing a fence around it the other day. Hopefully heavy construction will start soon. Be great to get those eyesores back in commerce. Anyone know when Barcadia and Ohm lounge are supposed to open in that parking garage right there? I feel like construction has been ongoing for about 2 years.
I would love to know more about Barcadia... although I finally see lights on in there. I heard there were money problems but who knows. And yes the open building across from lucys where they project games on the side of it sometimes!

BTW check out the improvements planned for Piazza Di Italia... the bid request is out so it should begin soon.

http://www.purchasing.cityofno.com/b...Url=activeBids

Other road repair lists:

SELA 22 Southeast Louisiana Project Jefferson Avenue Canal II (Dryades Street to Constance Street) Orleans Parish, Louisiana

Project Type Building Use Status
Site Work
Paving Roads / Highways
Water / Sewer GC Bidding
Sector Bid Date Est. Start Date
Public Tuesday, November 13, 2012 Thursday, December 13, 2012
$100,000,000.00 W912P8-12-R-0042
Address
Jefferson Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70160
Orleans County

Project: H.009713.6 PathtoProg-SGB-CtyPk, Esplanade,St Bernard Gentilly Basin Rampart

$15,000,000.00 H.009713.6
Address
Multiple Locations
New Orleans, LA 70119
Orleans County

Project: H.003134.6 I-610: (I-10 to St. Bernard Ave.)

$5,000,000.00 H.003134.6
Address
I-10 to St. Bernard Av
New Orleans, LA 70114
Orleans County
Description Project: H.003134.6 I-610: (I-10 to St. Bernard Ave.)
(DBE GOAL FED 5%)
08/21/2012 - Added to the letting of September 12, 2012.
grading, cold planing, superpave asphaltic concrete pavement, and related work.
Associated Projects: H.003134.6
Parish(es): Orleans
Route(s): I-610
Federal: H003134
Estimated Cost Range: $2,500,000 to $5,000,000

Check this out for the reopening of plaza tower to parking... look at the letter from the South Market District folks. Talk about selfish! Competition is the way things work get used to it. Cant believe they were asking to deny this because they dont want competition for their garage. lolol The letter is the last few pages

http://cityofno.granicus.com/MetaVie...meta_id=186365

Last edited by tennis1400; Nov 13, 2012 at 4:52 PM.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2012, 9:01 PM
TL;DR

Wow... normally I'm against increases in the parking supply, but hopefully this means the owners will repair the failing stonework around the building's ground level and re-open the sidewalks. The city is requiring street trees to be installed around the perimeter of the block, so they'd have to remove all that awful chainlink.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2012, 10:38 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Wow... normally I'm against increases in the parking supply, but hopefully this means the owners will repair the failing stonework around the building's ground level and re-open the sidewalks. The city is requiring street trees to be installed around the perimeter of the block, so they'd have to remove all that awful chainlink.
did you agree the letter was strange too? I mean its not like they are really building a new garage and its not surface parking...

Old Posted Nov 13, 2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
did you agree the letter was strange too? I mean its not like they are really building a new garage and its not surface parking...
Yeah and their logic is bad. While 4 of those enormous parking lots are being constructed into SMD garages, people will need a place to park. Also, on event days when parking in the CBD is at 105% capacity, having one more garage will reduce traffic from people not circling around looking to park.

The C-B article about the Loyola Streetcar delay makes a good point. Without a dedicated streetcar lane (or not putting it in the neutral ground for some reason), it will get bogged down in traffic on event days - the time it should be running most efficiently.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2012, 12:16 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
Yeah and their logic is bad. While 4 of those enormous parking lots are being constructed into SMD garages, people will need a place to park. Also, on event days when parking in the CBD is at 105% capacity, having one more garage will reduce traffic from people not circling around looking to park.
Its like dont let them build a garage because Im building one and I also want my remaining lots that are for phase two to be in highdemand while I remove the other two lots for contruction. Dont allow anyone to do anything that might affect my power point business plan as I wasnt taught in college that in the real world there is competition! lol

Old Posted Nov 14, 2012, 1:01 AM
just a pool of mushy goo

Quote:
New name for the Hornets has been decided!!!

Crescents? Messieurs? Ventes? Napoleons? Bonapartes? Du Ponts? Cabildos? Moon & Stars? Creoles? Mardis? Bayous? Pontchartrains? Wards? Pelicans? Blues? Dixies? Po' Boys? Yats? Big Easy's? Coypu's? Bullfrogs? Jazz? Jazz? Jazz? Seriously, why are the Jazz in Utah? Seems like a twisted joke.

Trumpism is the road to ruin

Old Posted Nov 14, 2012, 3:43 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Crescents? Messieurs? Ventes? Napoleons? Bonapartes? Du Ponts? Cabildos? Moon & Stars? Creoles? Mardis? Bayous? Pontchartrains? Wards? Pelicans? Blues? Dixies? Po' Boys? Yats? Big Easy's? Coypu's? Bullfrogs? Jazz? Jazz? Jazz? Seriously, why are the Jazz in Utah? Seems like a twisted joke.
Actually Ill be honest I dont know the actual name just know from certain folks that the name has been decided upon and I think its going to be announced in December but Im not sure. I know its for certain not the Jazz though! Benson tried his hardest to get it back!

825 Girod St. Office Building

Estimated Value*
$1,000,000.00
Address
825 Girod St.
New Orleans, LA 70113
Orleans County
Description Demolition, site work and new construction of a commercial development in New Orleans. Completed working plans call for the demolition of an existing commercial building and the new construction of a three-story building.

A general contractor has been negotiated. Construction will begin in January 2013.

DPW FEMA 2011-E01 Lower Ninth Ward (Deslonde-Flood) - New Orleans, LA
$4,858,000.00 500C-01383
Address
Multiple Locations
New Orleans, LA 70112
Orleans County
Description Bid Number: 500C-01383 Description: DPW FEMA 2011-E01 Lower Ninth Ward (Deslonde-Flood) Bid Opening Date: 12/13/2012 02:00:00 PM
Purchaser: David E Meunier Organization: City of New Orleans
Department: 500C - PUBLIC WORKS-CAP Location: PWCP - PUBLIC WORKS-CAP
Fiscal Year: 12 Type Code: Allow Electronic Quote: Yes
Alternate Id: Required Date: Available Date : 11/02/2012 05:00:00 PM
Bid Type: OPEN Informal Bid Flag: No
Purchase Method: Open Market

Old Posted Nov 14, 2012, 5:21 AM

Whole Foods on Broad

Tennis, the price point won't matter because they aren't targeting my neighborhood of low income workers, they are targeting high income $90 grand a year workers at the hospitals. They just wrap it into a feel good model like they are coming just for us, I bet it doesn't get built until 2015.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2012, 6:21 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3rdw0p View Post
Tennis, the price point won't matter because they aren't targeting my neighborhood of low income workers, they are targeting high income $90 grand a year workers at the hospitals. They just wrap it into a feel good model like they are coming just for us, I bet it doesn't get built until 2015.

Maybe so... but what about the detroit store? that one isnt in a great area at all... just curious to see what their model is because if its a decent attempt to allow access to fresh foods at a better price that is great for everyone regardless of income.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2012, 2:45 PM

Quote:

825 Girod St. Office Building

Estimated Value*
$1,000,000.00
Address
825 Girod St.
New Orleans, LA 70113
Orleans County
Description Demolition, site work and new construction of a commercial development in New Orleans. Completed working plans call for the demolition of an existing commercial building and the new construction of a three-story building.

A general contractor has been negotiated. Construction will begin in January 2013.

Solomon Group's new office i think

Old Posted Nov 14, 2012, 3:28 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCream View Post
Solomon Group's new office i think
Correct! Once I get some more drawings I can share a little bit of the midrise Im doing on St Joseph Street. It will be around 6-7 stories.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2012, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Maybe so... but what about the detroit store? that one isnt in a great area at all... just curious to see what their model is because if its a decent attempt to allow access to fresh foods at a better price that is great for everyone regardless of income.
Actually I shop at Whole Foods quite often and not all of their inventory is super expensive, in fact many of their store brands (365) are less expensive and of better quality than the brand name products found at a Winn Dixie or Rouses. What gets expensive are the name brand organic products, prepared foods, and specialty items such as wine, cheese, and grass fed beef.I would think that their urban stores would skew their stock more toward the store brand and less to the name brand items and focus more on fresh vegetables than prepared foods.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2012, 3:47 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Legend View Post
Actually I shop at Whole Foods quite often and not all of their inventory is super expensive, in fact many of their store brands (365) are less expensive and of better quality than the brand name products found at a Winn Dixie or Rouses. What gets expensive are the name brand organic products, prepared foods, and specialty items such as wine, cheese, and grass fed beef.I would think that their urban stores would skew their stock more toward the store brand and less to the name brand items and focus more on fresh vegetables than prepared foods.
Good point! I dont shop there so dont really know but I think any store of their caliber investing in an area is a great sign!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations