HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted May 21, 2020, 2:36 AM

10 years?

Old Posted May 21, 2020, 3:09 PM
A Better Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatestX View Post
10 years?
That's even longer than the time it took to build the entire northern stretch of the Anthony Henday from start to finish. Seems incredibly slow.

Old Posted May 21, 2020, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallsy's Toupee View Post
Ground broken on $54M expansion of Ray Gibbon Drive

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/ground-b...rive-1.4947708

This keeps getting kicked down the road. I just wish they would get funding in for the highway 2 connector.

They did have the river crossing set up so that will not take to much time.

Old Posted May 21, 2020, 3:28 PM

St Albert is doing this with little input from the other Govs. it pisses people off that it is taking so long.

Old Posted May 21, 2020, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboy View Post
This keeps getting kicked down the road. I just wish they would get funding in for the highway 2 connector.

They did have the river crossing set up so that will not take to much time.
I cannot find Fowler Way on Google Maps so I can't tell where the Hwy 2 connector will be - maybe near the Costco? In any case, I think by the time they build the Hwy 2 connector, the City of St. Albert will have expanded to Hwy 37. Someone once said that the connector would be closer to Morinville.

Old Posted May 21, 2020, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboy View Post
St Albert is doing this with little input from the other Govs. it pisses people off that it is taking so long.
CTV article states its 50% funded by Alberta and 50% by the City. No doubt there are more pressing projects for the Region than this extension.

Old Posted May 21, 2020, 6:14 PM

Quote:
I cannot find Fowler Way on Google Maps so I can't tell where the Hwy 2 connector will be - maybe near the Costco? In any case, I think by the time they build the Hwy 2 connector, the City of St. Albert will have expanded to Hwy 37. Someone once said that the connector would be closer to Morinville.
Fowler Way is the pink road on the map.

Old Posted May 21, 2020, 8:42 PM

Quote:
The connection will be north of the Costco. I saw some plans for a 127st connector as well. So those would tie into an interchange.

Fowler way goes on the north side of Jensen Lake.

As for the funding, I remember the NDP adding funding, but this should be a provincial highway and funded as such. St Al council like Edmonton's like to piss around and study shit to death before postponing a possible decision to wait for another study. There is a lot of truck traffic that use this route now.

Old Posted May 31, 2020, 10:23 PM

After all these decades I'm still rather miffed about the signs leading to "Parks Area University" along Groat Road, most notably southbound at the 107 Ave interchange.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2020, 3:03 PM
A Better Place

Quote:
After all these decades I'm still rather miffed about the signs leading to "Parks Area University" along Groat Road, most notably southbound at the 107 Ave interchange.
Why? Driving south on Groat Road takes you to the River Valley parks and the University of Alberta, which is what the sign states.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2020, 3:30 PM

Then they should have signs stating as such - "River Valley Parks / University of Alberta".

Edmonton now has 3 universities (last I knew), therefore the signage should state more than "Parks Area University". Nobody really knows if the Parks Area University exists or not, or whether or not this is separate from the U of A. I have known some drivers who've gotten lost over this.

C'mon Edmonton, move into the 21st Century already and change the signs.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 11:25 PM

Drove along the Henday earlier, and it looks like construction is proceeding briskly on the SW widening, as well as the sections of the Transmountain expansion running along the TUC.

If the Capital Line South and Terwillegar Drive Expressway really are breaking ground in 2021, Southwest Edmonton is going to be excruciating to get around.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 5:15 PM
BANNED

Wish the city would update their website about the 50st train overpass.....funding is secured...even our Pot head of a PM came here and wrote a cheque....why hasn't it started...could have sworn it was to commence last year.....

Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 5:22 PM
BANNED

Was checking out 511.alberta.ca. Wow! Sh*tkicker town sure does have a ton of road cameras....I'd say a 15-1 compared to E-Town...what gives? Are they more into the Big Brother thing than we are? AB gov't more generous? Their city coffers more generous?

Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 9:55 PM
Suburban dweller

Location: Calgary - our road planners are as bad as yours Edmonton
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaumationNation View Post
Was checking out 511.alberta.ca. Wow! Sh*tkicker town sure does have a ton of road cameras....I'd say a 15-1 compared to E-Town...what gives? Are they more into the Big Brother thing than we are? AB gov't more generous? Their city coffers more generous?
Haha, certainly not that! I almost felt the opposite this weekend, it seems like there is more road construction activity in the Edmonton region than Calgary.

Also, this winter was hard on Calgary roads but holy crap Edmonton's may be worse. Was up there this weekend and hard to believe as it it, you guys might actually have more potholes than we do.

Albert Einstein

Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 10:25 PM
Community Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaumationNation View Post
We have dozens and dozens...

http://edmontontrafficcam.com

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 10:27 PM
BANNED

On that site...sure...but YYC has 25 pages of them on 511.ab

Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 10:50 PM
Community Guy

Indeed... and odd, but they are available.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 1:48 AM

I was entering the east end of the city via Yellowhead Trail today and noticed how busy they were with the widening from 2 lanes to 3 lanes from the river crossing to 61 St. I think this will be completed ahead of schedule if there are no snafus.

https://www.edmonton.ca/projects_pla...wan-river.aspx

Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 4:47 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton