HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Feb 22, 2007, 3:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrycarr12 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has heard what, if anything, may be planned for the small trangular lot directly across Welton from 1LP (on the other side of the train station)?
If I'm not mistaken, it will be part of an expansion for the same people building One Lincoln Park. The area will have 5 or 6 buildings or so when finished.

" There is only one duty, only one safe course, and that is to try to be right and not fear to do or say what you believe." - Winston Churchill

Old Posted Feb 22, 2007, 4:10 AM
InfillJunkie

Ahhh yes that was the original plan, however, as of this date the developers of One Lincoln Park still do not own any of the surrounding lots where Phase 2 or 3 are supposed to go.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2007, 4:15 AM

Actually, I don't think that that small triangular plot is part of the proposed second and third phases. It'd make a great location for another non-rectangularly-based tower, though.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2007, 3:09 PM
Interested Bystander

I was curious why this forum no longer shows up in the Mountain West forum list? Never mind, I guess it was simply on page two. sorry

Old Posted Mar 4, 2007, 5:04 PM
Denver is the M/W Father!

Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrycarr12 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has heard what, if anything, may be planned for the small trangular lot directly across Welton from 1LP (on the other side of the train station)?

Not sure? But I remember this early rendering of 1LP And future concept additions...

I sure hope thier success with 1LP pushes them to truely consider something along the lines of this rendering, although maybe with more "style" not that 80's appeal that the rendering is illustrating so well. Kinda like a 3rd grader using a basic CAD Software progam on his LeapFrog learning pad.

There is no such thing as remaining constant.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2007, 5:33 PM

That rendering is a massing model simply intended to show approximate size and location of the buildings. One Lincoln Park's final design doesn't look anything like its representation in that drawing other than its basic shape.

The last I heard is that the company would still like to develop the rest, but they do not own the land yet. I would guess actual architectural renderings would come once formal plans for the property are announced. But I think they probably have their hands full with 1LP right now. One step at a time.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2007, 7:02 PM
Stay Thirsty.

As I had stated earlier yesterday, someone should put this on the national forum projects on the front page! Is it not meritable?

At least, someone should do it but me. I'm lazy and incompetent. Maybe start it off with a post of the rendering, then show the most up to date pics after that. But not me, I'm lazy and incompetent.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2007, 10:21 PM

I forgot to thank RDS for the update pics for those of us away from home. It looks like its finally coming along. I can't wait to come back for spring break and check it out in person. I think a slanted roof and our other non box building, 1999 Broadway, will go together great, especially when driving into Denver from the north side of town.

" There is only one duty, only one safe course, and that is to try to be right and not fear to do or say what you believe." - Winston Churchill

Old Posted Mar 4, 2007, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoRey View Post
As I had stated earlier yesterday, someone should put this on the national forum projects on the front page! Is it not meritable?

At least, someone should do it but me. I'm lazy and incompetent. Maybe start it off with a post of the rendering, then show the most up to date pics after that. But not me, I'm lazy and incompetent.
I started a thread under Highrise Construction...

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 3:21 AM
InfillJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr1138 View Post
That rendering is a massing model simply intended to show approximate size and location of the buildings. One Lincoln Park's final design doesn't look anything like its representation in that drawing other than its basic shape.

The last I heard is that the company would still like to develop the rest, but they do not own the land yet. I would guess actual architectural renderings would come once formal plans for the property are announced. But I think they probably have their hands full with 1LP right now. One step at a time.
From Colorado Construction:

One Lincoln Park

Osborn Development broke ground in March 2006 on One Lincoln Park, a 32-story, five-sided, high-rise across the street from the 20th Street light rail station in downtown Denver. The building features 186 residential units above street-level retail, and six levels of parking (two below ground and four above the retail level.) Buchanan Yonushewski Group is the design architect and design-builder. Swinerton Builders is constructing the core-and-shell. Construction should be complete in Sept. 2008, with some residents taking occupancy April 2008.

The building is the first of a five-phase, mixed-use development that Osborn envisions for the two-block area. Over the next six to 10 years, Osborn plans to build 1,000 residential units on the site.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 4:58 AM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Should be a hell of an interesting 6 to 10 years of construction on those blocks!

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 5:46 AM
Up Up and Away

1000 units? That's huge.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 7:03 AM
Stay Thirsty.

Indeed. Dbl.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 4:24 PM

I.J., what is Colorado Construction?

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 4:33 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

It's a magazine.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 4:47 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

An alternative to toilet paper.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 4:50 PM
InfillJunkie

^ Pretty much Wongie. It can be found here: http://colorado.construction.com/

They did a good piece on TODs and Urban Villages in this edition.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 2:34 AM
Denver is the M/W Father!

Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfillJunkie View Post
^ Pretty much Wongie. It can be found here: http://colorado.construction.com/

They did a good piece on TODs and Urban Villages in this edition.
Nice find there Junkie, good read...

There is no such thing as remaining constant.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2007, 4:03 PM

What's in a name?

How bout the value of a .com name pertaining to this building? Any ideas. It's for sale now. Thoughts, questions or comments.

Great forum!

Flyingdogg

Old Posted Mar 17, 2007, 4:16 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Nice spam message...

Aaron (Glowrock)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West