HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:29 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

First released rendering of the "Two Brothers", on Assumption Blvd. in downtown Moncton.

The Two Brothers is not the official name of this development. The real name has not yet been revealed, but the project in the immediate background (The Three Sisters), is by the same developer, and, the Two Brothers has therefore become sort of a placeholder nickname for this project.

The two towers are very similar to the Three Sisters, but, the development has a very interesting set of podiums, including an overhead pedway between the two buildings, and a subjacent walkway connecting Assumption Blvd with the riverfront trail in the foreground.

It appears the developer is going out of his way to integrate the development with the Riverfront Trail, and the adjacent Hal Betts sports complex next door (partlially seen on the left edge of the image). There appear to be a number of ground level CRUs facing the Riverfront Trail. This trail is popular with walkers, and with cyclists, some of whom commute from Riverview to downtown Moncton via the Gunningsville Bridge.

Construction likely to begin in late 2025.

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:35 PM
I am the law!

Yeah, It's a nice concept breaking up the wall (guessing above ground parking) with retail. Retail fronting a park would be a hard sell in a city with ten times the population density. Rents would have to be super cheap or a rare larger destination tenant institutional or commercial to lease it. Townhouses would have made more sense. Commercial does have more wow factor pitching this to the decision makers.

5 towers with the same height and the same penthouse roof top. It will stand out in Moncton.

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:42 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

An additional render of the "Two Brothers" has just popped up.

That glassed in atrium is very interesting. I wonder what that is all about?

The atrium will overlook the Riverfront Park and the Petitcodiac River.

EDIT - This development now has an official name - GATEWAY TOWERS. 2 x 17 storeys, ~400 rental units.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Yesterday at 4:20 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:32 PM

17 Glenavy Avenue | ?m | 34s | Elysium | Gensler l pre-construction

Mixed-use residential near Bayview Avenue just north of Eglinton. One of 13 proposed and u/c projects in the Bayview and Eglinton nabe (tallest proposal is 46 storeys).

1C0

1C0

UT

One the proposed new neighbours - 589 Eglinton East:

UT

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:20 PM
I am the law!

LOL @ 13 proposed and under construction. The one and only one under construction is probably regretting they didn't wait a few years. Instead of 2X9 storeys, they could be proposing 2X30 plus storeys.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:18 PM

17 Glenavy looks real good.

Made me think - is 34 storeys the ideal residential tower height?! Ok, not exactly 34 storeys, but let’s say between 32 and 36. Sure there are great buildings from 1 to 100 storeys (and I tend to be a mid-rise fan) but it feels like this range is a sweet spot for height, visual appeal and density.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:25 PM
I am the law!

Density is more a factor of lot coverage than height. The height is one measurement. The other dimensions of the massing could be anything. There's also a huge range in the potential number of units and their layouts. None of that has anything to do with a sweet spot for height. It's a superficial question regarding people's homes.

I doubt you would be able to appreciate the individuality of these towers if the proposed and the still to be proposed were built. They are so close together that they will blur together in a solid mass like Charles in Toronto.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada