HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 8, 2017, 3:11 PM

Has anyone seen the agenda for this coming Tuesday, Oct 10th, DRC meeting? Thanks

Old Posted Oct 8, 2017, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Peachtree View Post
Has anyone seen the agenda for this coming Tuesday, Oct 10th, DRC meeting? Thanks
https://www.midtownatl.com/_files/do...-17-update.pdf

Looks like we have a new application for a high-rise student housing project as well as a follow-up for Colony Square. What's interesting is it mentions frontages of Spring AND 10th Streets on the SE corner - which would mean replacing the gas station and also the night clubs that meet at Peachtree Place.

Quote:
6:30 NEW APPLICATION: The Mark at Atlanta (SE of Spring/10th St. + Peachtree Pl.)
Project Type: New construction of a 28-story residential building marketed primarily to students with 9
levels of parking, 1 amenity level and 18 levels of residences. Ground floor retail/restaurant
spaces of ~7,500 SF on the 10th St. and Spring St. frontage. Structured parking is provided for
~380 cars. The developer is Landmark Properties.
Initial variations identified include:
- .014(3b): Active use 20’ depth and 20’ height for residential uses.
- .017: Number/size of loading spaces from 2-12x35’ to 1- 12’x35’ only.
- .019(2): Allowing a curbcut on a type A street (10th St.) when a lesser is accessible.
Applicant(s): Richard Nelson, RNelson@cnna.com

Quote:
5:30 PHASED APPLICATION: Colony Square- Phases 3&4 (SE of 15th/ Peachtree St. + 14th St.)
Project Type: New construction and renovation within the existing 6 acre mixed-use site known as ‘Colony
Square’ including new 2 story storefronts expansions on two buildings (100 & 400) with
retail, office and theater uses, a new 6 story retail/office building (500) near the 15th and
Peachtree St. intersection and reconfigured internal plaza. The proposed site plan includes a
landscaped grove along 14th St., enhanced pedestrian access into the interior retail area, onstreet parking, and vehicular access improvements at the existing driveways. Note: The previous phased improvements to Buildings 100 & 200 were handled in a prior SAP. The
developer is North American Properties.
Initial variations identified include:
- .012: Width of the clear zone from 15’ to min. 10’ proposed
- .013: Width of the supplemental zone from 30’ to min. 5’ proposed.
- .017: Number/size of loading spaces from 5 -12’x35’ & 6- 12’x 55’ to 10- 12’x35’ only.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2017, 4:11 PM

I’m thinking the student housing will go in at domino’s, not the gas station across the street. Will be interesting how the condos receive the new neighbors.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2017, 4:55 PM
BANNED

Hanover Peachtree - Additional Images

Old Posted Oct 8, 2017, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
https://www.midtownatl.com/_files/do...-17-update.pdf

Looks like we have a new application for a high-rise student housing project as well as a follow-up for Colony Square. What's interesting is it mentions frontages of Spring AND 10th Streets on the SE corner - which would mean replacing the gas station and also the night clubs that meet at Peachtree Place.
The southeast corner is the dominos and the squat yellow building across from the publix. I wonder if this will also swallow up the older looking brick building next to the liquor store. Will be nice to hide that huge blank wall on the aqua condo building.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2017, 5:24 PM
BANNED

More Pictures of Modera Reynoldstown

Old Posted Oct 8, 2017, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
You and I have very different tastes because sterile and ugly are the last words I'd use to describe One Atlantic. It's one of my favorite buildings and I think its granite and Gothic style are about a hundred times better than that monstrosity
lol I don’t like it at all. Sans the exceptions I don’t like postmodern architecture in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
Lemme guess...the rings will light up at night?
Yes, LED lights will be installed iirc

Old Posted Oct 8, 2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Reynoldstown is going to shit a brick when they see that.
The neighborhood has seen it; it's been discussed on facebook; it's been given a by the neighborhood board. A handful of people (out of hundreds who live here) made fools of themselves over Muchacho's paint job but generally Reynoldstown isn't anti-development at all. The one big apartment building that was opposed was objectively a crap building to put right on the Eastside trail; it had no retail or food component, didn't do anything to activate the Beltline side or the streetside, etc.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 1:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pica View Post
A handful of people (out of hundreds who live here) made fools of themselves over Muchacho's paint job but generally Reynoldstown isn't anti-development at all.
My parents live about .5 miles from the railroad building that Muchacho mutilated (my words), and when Harper Station first opened, my parents went to go check it out. When my parents spoke to the owner of Harper Station and mentioned they were a local, the owner went to explain that Harper Station was a 'destination restaurant' and didn't cater to locals. That was the last time my parents visited and Harper Station closed about a year or two later.

Hopefully the new owner of the building won't ignore locals and realizes that repeat business from local residents is vital to most restaurants (Not talking about Gun Show type places). Not to rehash an old topic, but in my opinion the paint job was not a good first step in embracing the locals.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 2:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
The southeast corner is the dominos and the squat yellow building across from the publix. I wonder if this will also swallow up the older looking brick building next to the liquor store. Will be nice to hide that huge blank wall on the aqua condo building.
Good to see something going on that empty lot potentially, but it seems like some of the other student housing aren't filling up.

And the one south of Tech Square hasn't even opened yet.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 3:13 AM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehaven View Post
Good to see something going on that empty lot potentially, but it seems like some of the other student housing aren't filling up.

And the one south of Tech Square hasn't even opened yet.
I would like you to explain to us why you feel like the other two student housing aren't feeling up because I see something totally different

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lifealex View Post
I would like you to explain to us why you feel like the other two student housing aren't feeling up because I see something totally different
You are correct, the student housing deals that have delivered so far (in both Downtown and Midtown) have been very successful.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 1:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
I’m thinking the student housing will go in at domino’s, not the gas station across the street. Will be interesting how the condos receive the new neighbors.
Thanks for pointing out my directional dyslexia- southEAST not southWEST. That seems more likely of a location.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 1:23 PM

The limited knowledge I have is that the student housing units built are essentially at 100% occupancy. I know State has been actively hunting apt deals with surrounding developments this fall because they were 600 beds short for the freshman class that just entered.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 1:50 PM

New Centennial Park Renders.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 3:40 PM

https://thestandardatlanta.landmark-...FQcMaQod9F4G1Q

The Standard Atlanta website has launched.

Video of the property
https://vimeo.com/232042874

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post

Video of the property
redonkulous.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 5:04 PM

The Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post

Video of the property
I wish they would have shown a little more of the Interstate side of the developement so I could see what final treatment was for the western facade of the building and deck.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lifealex View Post
I'm directly across from the one with Tiff's Treats.

Last year it was very obvious when I look up the rooms are filled and used, this year, few lights are on and I workout on our roof and watch TV up there and there are far fewer lights across the board, whole floors seem dark.

Maybe people are just out a lot studying, etc, but it seems far emptier and I go up most nights and it's the same on weekends as weekdays.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 6:49 PM

I heard the student towers all had wait lists ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations