HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jan 11, 2023, 12:45 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgarri4 View Post
From my 3d model:

Nice. I actually think the skyline would have more balance without Tower Fifth. But we do know that there will be more changes coming or proposed than just what we know.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2023, 2:06 AM
Meh

This is good, too, but not nearly as good as the original design. It's a shame because I was thinking the original would be similar to Hong Kong's Bank of China, which would have been amazing. I mean, I like this, and if it had been the original design and it was the final one, I'd be happy, but I sort of feel like it's too close to a few other towers in the pipeline, namely, 15 Penn Plaza. And I'd gladly trade that one for this one since it's pretty blah.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2023, 2:14 AM

I like the new design much better. A blank wall is so ick.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2023, 1:32 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
This is good, too, but not nearly as good as the original design. It's a shame because I was thinking the original would be similar to Hong Kong's Bank of China, which would have been amazing. I mean, I like this, and if it had been the original design and it was the final one, I'd be happy, but I sort of feel like it's too close to a few other towers in the pipeline, namely, 15 Penn Plaza. And I'd gladly trade that one for this one since it's pretty blah.
I don't think that rendering flushes out in enough detail what the final product will actually look out, but is rather a conceptual rendering that they are working through. Much like 270 Park and JP Morgan Chase, the design of this tower is being tenant driven. I think they are going to put everything in this tower that they would like, and as the major tenant of 425 Park Avenue, will push for a design just as nice if not better. They also need to make the tower attractive to other top tenants, because there will be enough space left to rent out, at least at this point. The top in particular, is what I would like to see more refined. That's always what defines these skyscrapers on the skyline. The greenery is always overdone in the renderings, and won't be as distracting as it appears there, but they will most certainly get those terraces with greenery. I don't think you can get an office tower without it these days. But I'm looking forward to the approvals process.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2023, 2:09 PM
Urban Explorer

You get stacked boxes, and you get stacked boxes. Everybody gets stacked boxes!

Old Posted Jan 11, 2023, 2:34 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

It's clean and refined and meets the needs of future tenants. The ultimate goal with any tower is to... attract the tenants and retain them. Towers are always competing with their surroundings. Competition and trends will dictate designs, at least with office but also extended towards some residential.

Residential tends to have that high demand attribute in which in some locations, you could build a brown turd facade of a building and folks will still buy or rent but with office, functionality, amenities and common space access are important with todays tenants; and sometimes, to the dismay of aesthetic or architecture lovers, may not meet their standards but it will for the tenants, which is how this ultimately will rise. Without the clients or tenants, this might as well be a hole in the ground. With a 51 percent stake via Citadel, the mind was likely made up.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2023, 8:38 PM
Ω

it definitely looks much better than the previous iterations.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2023, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgarri4 View Post
From my 3d model:

Damn you're fast! I JUST started mine!

Old Posted Jan 13, 2023, 9:55 PM
March Forward

Made this early in the morning (based upon how I have understood/interpreted the render)

Old Posted Jan 13, 2023, 10:38 PM
New Yorker for life

That’s excellent, given what we have to work with. One thing about having a tenant driven design, (and especially with the money being thrown around for this one), we’ll get a top quality design.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2023, 3:50 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Made this early in the morning (based upon how I have understood/interpreted the render)
Nice rendering!

Basically the new 2WTC but in midtown.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2023, 4:58 AM

Love this design. I'm on board with these new outdoor terraces integrated into skyscrapers

Old Posted Jan 15, 2023, 7:36 PM
New Yorker for life

Maybe one of our artists can whip up a rendering of 270 and 350 using this image (taken yesterday)...

Old Posted Jan 16, 2023, 12:02 AM

I like this iteration more than the earlier ones, but it would look even better without the trees. Hopefully those trees will be toned down in the finished product.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2023, 5:06 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianowizard View Post
I like this iteration more than the earlier ones, but it would look even better without the trees. Hopefully those trees will be toned down in the finished product.
The won't be as large as that on the actual building, but it does point out that "park like" space on the terraces that tenants are attracted to these days.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2023, 6:26 PM
just a pool of mushy goo

The amount, and size, of trees shown in these terraced office tower renderings is hilarious. Not only am i skeptical that a fraction of the green depicted will actually be in reality but I have serious questions about how practical, and possible, it is to attempt to grow trees of that scale with their enormous root systems that want to grow in a directions including down. What happens if one of these fantasy 40 foot trees with these necessary unnatural shallow root systems uproot in a significant wind event and are blown to the street or through the glass curtain wall of a neighboring tower?

Trumpism is the road to ruin

Old Posted Jan 16, 2023, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
The amount, and size, of trees shown in these terraced office tower renderings is hilarious. Not only am i skeptical that a fraction of the green depicted will actually be in reality but I have serious questions about how practical, and possible, it is to attempt to grow trees of that scale with their enormous root systems that want to grow in a directions including down. What happens if one of these fantasy 40 foot trees with these necessary unnatural shallow root systems uproot in a significant wind event and are blown to the street or through the glass curtain wall of a neighboring tower?
not to get too in the weeds here but there are several types of trees that grow with shallow root systems that can survive the winter here such as Japanese hornbeam, Glauca pine and yellowwood among others. in regards to windload i'm sure there is some sort of anchor system they would use in this application.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2023, 9:54 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK1985 View Post
not to get too in the weeds here but there are several types of trees that grow with shallow root systems that can survive the winter here such as Japanese hornbeam, Glauca pine and yellowwood among others. in regards to windload i'm sure there is some sort of anchor system they would use in this application.
Yeah, I find it funny that people find it hard to believe that trees can be planted with the technology and knowledge that we have today. You can see it (planting of trees) happening everywhere, and I see it personally. The reason we are seeing more of it happening now on skyscrapers is because of the amenities that tenants want.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2023, 6:45 PM
BANNED

https://archinect.com/news/article/1...town-manhattan

Foster + Partners tapped to design supertall 350 Park Avenue in Midtown Manhattan

Josh Niland By Josh Niland Jan 17, '23 6:08 PM EST

Old Posted Jan 24, 2023, 11:02 PM

That improved dramatically. I actually like it now!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals