Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 9:16 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Bitcoin Poilievre, the economic wizard.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 9:24 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Build.It View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would take Trump over Biden at this point.
I can't believe you are saying that either. Trump is truly a terrible person and a dangerous demagogue to his supporters. Categorically the worst President in the history of the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor..._United_States

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 9:29 PM

In your own link Trump is ranked 2nd last after only Biden, lol

I've been pretty clear that I don't like either. 80 year-olds should not be running countries.

I'm sure Joe is a good great-grandfather, but he shouldn't be the most powerful person on the planet. Neither should Trump. But that these are the options the US electorate has.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 9:38 PM

Quote:
The link literally lists them in a descending order of when they were elected, lol

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 10:03 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:

I've been pretty clear that I don't like either. 80 year-olds should not be running countries.

I'm sure Joe is a good great-grandfather, but he shouldn't be the most powerful person on the planet. Neither should Trump. But that these are the options the US electorate has.
no, he isn't.

Trump's rankings (out of 45): 44 42 41 43 45 (in other words, his best score is 41/45, or fourth from the bottom, while others have him at the very bottom or near enough to it).
Biden's rankings (out of 45): 19 14

Nice try, but no cigar.

Trump is a truly terrible person who represents the worst in selfishness, avarice and prejudice. He is utterly morally bankrupt. He sought to overturn the results of the election (this is not small beer).

Trump has 91 indictments. All other Presidents (combined) have zero indictments.

Last edited by MolsonExport; Mar 8, 2024 at 10:13 PM.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 10:20 PM

Quote:

Yes, they are the choices, and the fact you still say Trump is the preferable one out of the 2 makes it hard to take practically anything else you say seriously.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
Yes, they are the choices, and the fact you still say Trump is the preferable one out of the 2 makes it hard to take practically anything else you say seriously.
Im not a trumper but name one good thing Biden has done? He may be equally or even more corrupt than trump. His enabling of the border crisis and the unchecked flow of immigrants from the southern border is a travesty and will have repercussions for years. Theyre both mindless nitwits who belong at the bottom of that list and unfortunately are the only two people have to choose from apparently.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J81 View Post
Im not a trumper but name one good thing Biden has done? He may be equally or even more corrupt than trump. His enabling of the border crisis and the unchecked flow of immigrants from the southern border is a travesty and will have repercussions for years. Theyre both mindless nitwits who belong at the bottom of that list and unfortunately are the only two people have to choose from apparently.
Immigration is the main problem but he's doing well on lots of other stuff. Notably the idiots in the MAGA party rejected a bipartisan bill on immigration reform because they want to "own the libs".

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...plishment-data

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 11:23 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J81 View Post
Do you understand what the word corruption means?

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
no, he isn't.

Trump's rankings (out of 45): 44 42 41 43 45 (in other words, his best score is 41/45, or fourth from the bottom, while others have him at the very bottom or near enough to it).
Biden's rankings (out of 45): 19 14

Nice try, but no cigar.

Trump is a truly terrible person who represents the worst in selfishness, avarice and prejudice. He is utterly morally bankrupt. He sought to overturn the results of the election (this is not small beer).

Trump has 91 indictments. All other Presidents (combined) have zero indictments.
Agreed, needless to say. Mystifyingly, a scholarly ranking a couple of years ago placed him at maybe 3rd from bottom, ahead of Buchanan and Andrew Johnson, but this year's survey of 154 history scholars put him dead last, where he inarguably, objectively belongs.

Trump ranked as worst US president in history, with Biden 14th greatest
http://www.brandonrottinghaus.com/up...paper_2024.pdf

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 11:34 PM

We have to look at the concerns of the American people and then we can help explain why Trump may make it back into the White House.

Yes, there are affordability issues in the USA but they are a mere fraction of ours and their housing is dirt cheap compared to ours across the board. Their unemployment is sitting at just 3.9%, their economy and productivity levels are rising quickly, and their inflationary pressures have greatly eased.

In other words, for most Americans the economy is not an issue. The concern most Americans have, both Democrat and Republican is their wide open southern border. The US is currently on track to have 3 million illegal immigrants crossing the border this year. This is all on Biden's head. He has basically avoided the problem and completely useless Harris is in charge of border security and yet didn't even make it to the southern border in her first 2 years in office.

The new abortion restrictions will be the Republican's Achilles Heel and the immigration crisis will be the Democrats.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2024, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawrylyshyn View Post
The link literally lists them in a descending order of when they were elected, lol
My mistake.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2024, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
In other words, for most Americans the economy is not an issue.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-re...-03-07_sotu_1/

Old Posted Mar 9, 2024, 12:33 AM

Quote:
....I actually do like Poilievre though, first started following him in 2021 well before he was even in the running for CPC leader. He first caught my attention when I saw various clips of him talling about the potential of inflation due to money printing, which ended up happening exactly as described.
I'd strongly suggest that you watch full versions of the interviews and pressers that Poilievre does, rather than just sound bites. It is also well worth it to fact-check what he says as there are a lot of misleading and outright dishonest statements from him.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2024, 12:51 AM

Old Posted Mar 9, 2024, 1:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvisforme View Post
I'd strongly suggest that you watch full versions of the interviews and pressers that Poilievre does, rather than just sound bites. It is also well worth it to fact-check what he says as there are a lot of misleading and outright dishonest statements from him.
I do and have watched many of his longform interviews, including those from 5 years ago. That's why I like him.

His sound bites are to get attention and make him comes across as worse IMO.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2024, 1:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvisforme View Post
I like Kim Campbell.

She left provincial politics over the leader of her party being opposed to abortion. She has principles and ethical standards. I can see why she is distancing her self from him.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2024, 4:07 AM

Massive farmer convoy got on the road today starting in Rimouski. No idea where they're headed. Hundreds of vehicles. If the European protests are indication, this protest could go on for a long time.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2024, 4:14 AM

Quote:
Massive farmer convoy got on the road today starting in Rimouski. No idea where they're headed. Hundreds of vehicles. If the European protests are indication, this protest could go on for a long time.
Uh oh, there is a term called Farmer Strong. Stubborn, tough, Grab your hand and crush it determination.Planting does not happen until about late April May. Hmmm.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2024, 5:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
Immigration is the main problem but he's doing well on lots of other stuff. Notably the idiots in the MAGA party rejected a bipartisan bill on immigration reform because they want to "own the libs".

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...plishment-data
This is why I don't take the Republicans seriously when they bitch about the border. Yes it's a big problem.. but Biden made a genuine attempt to actually fix the problem with well thought out reforms that would have worked, but the Republicans killed it last minute to make Biden look bad.
"It is only because the control of the means of production is divided among many people acting independently that nobody has complete power over us, that we as individuals can decide what to do with ourselves." - Friedrich Hayek

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada