HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 6:38 PM

Re above. Remember the furour over Genie Bouchard at the Argos game, would be interesting to see who these guys could come up with if they purchased the team.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 6:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
Re above. Remember the furour over Genie Bouchard at the Argos game, would be interesting to see who these guys could come up with if they purchased the team.
It couldn't be bigger than the time that Biebs and Selena Gomez went to a Bomber game and a Jets game on the same day back in 2012

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
It couldn't be bigger than the time that Biebs and Selena Gomez went to a Bomber game and a Jets game on the same day back in 2012
Don't remember that one, I don't think. Speaking of celebs I had to laugh, I looked up Peter Lenkov net worth...$900,000.

Hell, I could buy the Als I just wonder how he bought a 6.5 million dollar beachhouse in 2016. Apparently he was once neighbours with Kylie Jenner and Kim K and Kanye West so he might have a few shekels stowed away.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 6:22 PM

Éric Lapointe and Clifford Starke have now established a partnership to acquire the Als. I prefer them over the Lenkov brothers who came out of nowhere and lack the credibility (and who apparently don't have much money it seems).

Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le calmar View Post
Éric Lapointe and Clifford Starke have now established a partnership to acquire the Als. I prefer them over the Lenkov brothers who came out of nowhere and lack the credibility (and who apparently don't have much money it seems).
I looked at their net worth and was totally surprised they were even being considered. Maybe I missed something but what the hell does Ambroise see in them?

Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 6:36 PM

The fact that there is a new potential owner for the Als every five minutes is ridiculous.

If Lapointe and Starke are willing to team up to purchase the team, give it to them. They at least want to own the team and have consistently said they want to. It seems like everyone else who has been mentioned considers it and then backs out.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 7:43 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Clifford Starke has just been joined by Éric Lapointe in his bid to buy the Alouettes. This isn't over yet.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 3:09 PM
Community Guy

Excited to see Reilly back against the Esks tonight.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/02/26/back-r...ose-return-bc/

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 3:22 PM

^ Looking forward to that matchup for sure.

I didn't see last night's game but whoa, what a shootout in Ottawa. Crazy that the Riders put up 41 points but still lost.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 4:18 PM
arf

^The last fourteen was in garbage time. The score flattered a bit.

Positives were Fajardo handled the ball well. No interceptions, good completion percent. Very tidy.

A couple of fumbles, the one on the punt return hurt a lot (own 20, instant touchdown) and then Powell's on our own 28 became a field goal. That's a lot of instant field position and Ottawa took advantage. Defense had no answer for Ottawa's passing game.

We really need someone to make a big play.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimB09 View Post
I looked at their net worth and was totally surprised they were even being considered. Maybe I missed something but what the hell does Ambroise see in them?
The net worth I posted for the Lenkov brothers was meant as a joke that those sites posting those things are ridiculous. I think we can assume they have a little bit of cash.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Clifford Starke has just been joined by Éric Lapointe in his bid to buy the Alouettes. This isn't over yet.
Not according to Starke. Seeing as the teams in the league own the team, they're for damn sure going to consider if someone has a higher bid over someone who might possibly be more suitable (by however one wants to measure that). I'm not saying they will automatically take the higher bid but it'll get Starke back in the picture if he was off the radar temporarily.

Last edited by elly63; Jun 21, 2019 at 7:51 PM.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
^The last fourteen was in garbage time. The score flattered a bit.

Positives were Fajardo handled the ball well. No interceptions, good completion percent. Very tidy.

A couple of fumbles, the one on the punt return hurt a lot (own 20, instant touchdown) and then Powell's on our own 28 became a field goal. That's a lot of instant field position and Ottawa took advantage. Defense had no answer for Ottawa's passing game.

We really need someone to make a big play.
There was no garbage time in that game. If we recover that short kick at the end we're in a very good position to kick a field goal and tie the game. And Fajardo's game was far more than tidy. It may have been the best first start by any QB in CFL history. I can't remember a better one. Even Ricky Ray's wasn't as good as that. Almost an 80% completion rate, 360 yards, two TDs and no INTs! Of course you can't overlook Davis' game either. It wasn't his first start but it wasn't far from it, and his numbers were just as good! Both defences were surprised by QB performances they weren't expecting, but the Riders have a much better defence and we should have been able to adapt, but we didn't. I'm not worried about our defence, however. They'll get it sorted out. It was our offence without Collaros that was the big question, and that question seems to have been answered! I'll feel even better after he's put together a few good games, but he was a beast in college so this is no fluke. Cody freakin' Fajardo!

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 11:13 PM

I would reel in the enthusiasm on Fajardo and Davis. It's one game.

I seem to remember Ryan Dinwiddie's first regular season game in which he passed for over 400 yards. He didn't do much after that as I recall.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2019, 2:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau Claire View Post
There was no garbage time in that game. If we recover that short kick at the end we're in a very good position to kick a field goal and tie the game. And Fajardo's game was far more than tidy. It may have been the best first start by any QB in CFL history. I can't remember a better one. Even Ricky Ray's wasn't as good as that. Almost an 80% completion rate, 360 yards, two TDs and no INTs! Of course you can't overlook Davis' game either. It wasn't his first start but it wasn't far from it, and his numbers were just as good! Both defences were surprised by QB performances they weren't expecting, but the Riders have a much better defence and we should have been able to adapt, but we didn't. I'm not worried about our defence, however. They'll get it sorted out. It was our offence without Collaros that was the big question, and that question seems to have been answered! I'll feel even better after he's put together a few good games, but he was a beast in college so this is no fluke. Cody freakin' Fajardo!
The RedBlack offense was very conservative late in the game. They could have run up the score higher. They just wanted the game to be sufficiently out of reach, which is what they accomplished.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2019, 4:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrt's friend View Post
The RedBlack offense was very conservative late in the game. They could have run up the score higher. They just wanted the game to be sufficiently out of reach, which is what they accomplished.
No.

I've got a nickname for our offence under Cody Fajardo.

Commander Cody and his Airmen!
https://youtu.be/QDbON8udTPo

Old Posted Jun 22, 2019, 3:09 PM
Community Guy

That first half was not great, but a nice win nonetheless.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jun 22, 2019, 4:23 PM

Very concerning in Alberta cities growing at a good rate but CFL attendance there is dropping every year , not even 25,000 in Edm on a Friday night to see the return of Mike Reilly ( I know weather there was very cool and rainy all week ) but just a few years ago that matchup is 35,000- 40,000 there . I think part of the problem is with every cities growth with so many “New “ Canadians coming who prefer soccer , basketball, cricket etc the CFL fan base is slowing eroding . Still under 25,000 is not acceptable in a place that routinely would get 35,000 to games .

Old Posted Jun 22, 2019, 4:26 PM

CFL on TSN: Tiger-Cats vs. Argonauts
TSN4 and TSN5 at 4PM ET/1PM PT

Just listening to a podcast, one of the marketing features this year is $3 dogs and $5 beer

Old Posted Jun 22, 2019, 4:35 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada