HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jul 9, 2020, 9:13 PM
BANNED

And didn't that parking garage have a floor collapse during the original construction?

Old Posted Jul 9, 2020, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmadsen View Post
Ascent Peachtree downtown:

Man! It's as if I blinked and this is suddenly 5 stories taller. Looking good.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2020, 10:29 PM
Jamie Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYbyWAYofGA View Post
Am I the only one not impressed by this....? I think that it's hideous. At least it's not stick framed....
I think it will be quite an improvement from just the ugly parking deck that was there before.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan1023 View Post
I think it will be quite an improvement from just the ugly parking deck that was there before.
Yea

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 8:46 PM

New 26-story apartment tower gets $72M construction loan

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...source=twitter
Quote:
StreetLights Residential has secured $72 million in construction financing to develop a 26-story apartment tower next to Midtown’s more than century old St. Mark United Methodist Church.

PNC Bank National Association based in Dallas provided the construction debt, according to Fulton County property deeds. PGIM Real Estate is partnering with StreetLights Residential on the 300-unit project.

The project will feature retail space, a 7.5-story parking deck — with one level underground — and a pedestrian bridge connecting the deck to the church.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 8:53 PM

Pedestrian Bridge, why? Doesn't the parking deck abut directly to the back of the church?

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Pedestrian Bridge, why? Doesn't the parking deck abut directly to the back of the church?
I have a strong feeling this 'bridge' will be more about bringing their church up to ADA compliance instead of providing a lofty way for people to walk to their cars. This is a historic structure, and many older churches struggle to fund elevators and ramps required to allow people with disabilities to access all levels of the church.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 11:20 PM

Ascent Peachtree is going to make a notable change on the skyline from the iconic Jackson Street bridge. That picture has remained unchanged for a long time.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2020, 3:17 AM

The Mix altered the look from that vantage point just last year especially at night with its vertical lighting that changes colors.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Jul 11, 2020, 3:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
The Mix altered the look from that vantage point just last year especially at night with its vertical lighting that changes colors.
Yeah that's true but I meant the traditional "Walking Dead"-esque photograph that captures everything from the Equitable on the left to Suntrust Plaza on the right. I don't think the Mix is captured in that image.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 11:31 PM

The Ardent Companies to Build High-Rise on Former Houston’s Property

Quote:
The former Houston’s restaurant across from Lenox Square, one of the most prized development sites in ritzy Buckhead, has sold to a developer that intends to turn the property into a dense, high-rise project.

The Ardent Cos. bought the .92-acre property at Lenox and East Paces Ferry for $6.25 million. The site, which also stands across from the Lenox MARTA station, had been marketed in recent years for at least twice as much and generated interest for a new Ritz-Carlton residences and hotel, according to market sources.

Ardent identified the site and completed the acquisition in just 21 days. The Covid-19 pandemic played a role in the sales price and how quickly the deal came together, according to people familiar with the transaction.

The former Houston’s restaurant closed more than two years ago. Zoning allows for a high-density project with uses including office, retail, restaurant, apartments and hotel.

Scott Werbel, managing director of acquisitions for Ardent, said, “Our long term plan is to redevelop the site in partnership with an experienced high-density developer. In the short time the property has been under contract, Ardent has had preliminary discussions with Atlanta developers interested in re-developing the site.”

https://whatnowatlanta.com/the-arden...tons-property/

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 11:51 PM

903 Peachtree

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 3:30 PM

The Roycroft - Now Selling

The condo development at 675 Drewery Street will be known as The Roycroft.

Website

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 3:32 PM

Midtown Medical

Capital City Real Estate is planning another project at 272 Ponce De Leon Avenue.

Quote:
Midtown Medical on Ponce is part of a dynamic mixed use development located on Ponce de Leon Avenue between the thriving Midtown District, Ponce City Market and the Atlanta BeltLine’s Eastside Trail. This project integrates medical office, a ground-floor anchor grocer, and a boutique multi-family component into a single mixed-use project located on this prominent Atlanta thoroughfare.

Construction to begin 1Q/2021 with delivery estimated for 1Q/2023.

https://capcityre.com/our-portfolio/roycroft-2/

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
The condo development at 675 Drewery Street will be known as The Roycroft.

Website

"The Roycroft is located directly on the BeltLine, putting you in urban harmony with the green spaces of Piedmont Park and the BeltLine’s Eastside Trail, while keeping you well-connected to greater Atlanta. Walkable to Ponce City Market, Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Midtown Arts Cinema, and only a 5-minute Uber ride to 2 MARTA rail stations, this is one of few Intown neighborhoods that make owning a car entirely optional."

This is such BS. With all this talk about walkability, yet this project will have two huge ass curb cuts on the same street.....

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Capital City Real Estate is planning another project at 272 Ponce De Leon Avenue.

https://capcityre.com/our-portfolio/roycroft-2/
This one looks nice!

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYbyWAYofGA View Post
This one looks nice!
Feels like we could see the Ponce and North Ave corridors develop rapidly over the next few years. This, the condos on North Ave... won’t take many projects to make North Ave Station to PCM feel more connected. With MARTA intending to have North Ave BRT to be operational by 20205, I’d be surprised if more developers do not scoop up and redevelop the fast food joints.
https://www.itsmarta.com/board-appro...equencing.aspx

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Feels like we could see the Ponce and North Ave corridors develop rapidly over the next few years. This, the condos on North Ave... won’t take many projects to make North Ave Station to PCM feel more connected. With MARTA intending to have North Ave BRT to be operational by 20205, I’d be surprised if more developers do not scoop up and redevelop the fast food joints.
https://www.itsmarta.com/board-appro...equencing.aspx
This is going to be fun to watch happen. I've been saying for years that the corridors intersecting Peachtree need to be intensely redeveloped into a more urban format.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 9:44 PM

StreetLights Names Midtown Tower ‘The Hadley'

https://whatnowatlanta.com/streetlig...breaks-ground/

Quote:
Dallas-based real estate developer StreetLights Residential yesterday announced the groundbreaking of The Hadley, a 26-story tower that, up until this publication, had not yet been publicly named. The 300-unit multifamily project will be the developer’s third project in Atlanta.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 9:51 PM

Quote:
As much as I consider them fools for not providing a rooftop pool on the top floor, as they’ll have forever views to the east, I am very excited for more residential in the area. Below 5th st will benefit from the jolt of new residences.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta