HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 28, 2016, 11:27 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMK View Post
Wasatch Front housing is still hot, but sales cool as prices swell, inventory shrinks

http://www.sltrib.com/news/3826884-1...g-is-still-hot
It's a seller market, way more buyers out there than sellers. If you've considered selling, now is a great time. And I happen to know a great Realtor that would be happy to help you out.

Old Posted May 2, 2016, 1:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
It's a seller market, way more buyers out there than sellers. If you've considered selling, now is a great time. And I happen to know a great Realtor that would be happy to help you out.
Yet it seems 90% of projects tend to be apartments.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted May 2, 2016, 3:35 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
Yet it seems 90% of projects tend to be apartments.
In Salt Lake City proper that is the case, however single family is still booming in the burbs. There is rarely a single family home in the Central City neighborhood that the listing actually expires, and very few in the rest of SLC that do either.

There is also the issue with changing demographics, those not following the get married and pregnant in your early to mid 20's model, (those that want to live in the city as opposed to suburbs) are often times choosing to rent in the city, to give them the flexibility to move, and to reduce their responsibility with a yard, etc. Those millennials from out of state that do end up staying are the ones often times buy the homes in SLC, they like the city life, have enjoyed it for a few years, and decide that it's time to settle down, buy a house and maybe have some kids, but they still want to be in Salt Lake City, as opposed to the burbs.

Developers, for the most part, know the market pretty damn well. There has been a huge shortage of apartments in the city, and they are filling that demand, that need will gradually shift. The demand for condos will grow as will single family homes, detached, or attached, (twin homes/row homes), as those renting decide to stick around, some will want to stay in the apartment/condo lifestyle while others may want something a bit more traditional. Some serious infill and redevelopment is going to have to occur to meet the demand for single family, and small multi-family living in Salt Lake City proper.

Old Posted May 13, 2016, 2:59 AM

Topgolf will open next week. Pretty cool place, they served up some good food, stuff I haven't seen in Utah yet (not that I'm an expert). I got a chance to talk to one of the facility directors and he said Topgolf had been trying for a while to get to Utah but they had problems getting a liquor license.

This thing is small scale compared to the Scottsdale and Vegas one just an FYI. This should be a fun place and hope it does well. Apparently they drove more people to Topgolf across the US then the NFL had for attendance last year.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=39742028&nid...out-to-midvale

http://kutv.com/news/2news-this-morn...-casey-topgolf

Old Posted May 13, 2016, 4:49 AM
One Thing At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllOutOfBubbleGum View Post
Topgolf will open next week. Pretty cool place, they served up some good food, stuff I haven't seen in Utah yet (not that I'm an expert). I got a chance to talk to one of the facility directors and he said Topgolf had been trying for a while to get to Utah but they had problems getting a liquor license.

This thing is small scale compared to the Scottsdale and Vegas one just an FYI. This should be a fun place and hope it does well. Apparently they drove more people to Topgolf across the US then the NFL had for attendance last year.
Did they get a liquor license? I'd be down to have a drink and chip some balls into the abyss with a big stick.

Old Posted May 13, 2016, 6:07 AM

Just wondering if anyone knows about the new Embassy Suites Hotel being built in South Jordan near the FrontRunner Station?

Old Posted May 13, 2016, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePusherMan View Post
Did they get a liquor license? I'd be down to have a drink and chip some balls into the abyss with a big stick.
They wouldn't of built without one. One other thing they talked about is that family tickets are 40 percent of their business. That might be higher here, the bar is smaller then what they usually do thanks to the Zion Wall, an it is a really big wall.

Old Posted May 13, 2016, 6:26 PM
One Thing At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllOutOfBubbleGum View Post
They wouldn't of built without one. One other thing they talked about is that family tickets are 40 percent of their business. That might be higher here, the bar is smaller then what they usually do thanks to the Zion Wall, an it is a really big wall.
Humm... So a restaurant license. That means you won't be able to drink at your tee. Bummer.

Old Posted May 13, 2016, 8:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePusherMan View Post
Humm... So a restaurant license. That means you won't be able to drink at your tee. Bummer.
I bet you will. The tables to eat and drink are all right behind the tee box. The guy I was talking to said "They put up such a big deal about this Zion wall but once the drinks are served the families and who ever will watch everyone drink their suds at the tee boxes." Little paraphrasing They have a Bar lounge that functions like any bar. They call it the adult section and apparently the new one they built in Vegas has a pool and cabana built into it.

Old Posted May 15, 2016, 12:26 PM

Americas Favorite Towns - Top 30

No. 1: Park City, UT

Also posted on the SLC Development Thread...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/trip...VwNW?ocid=iehp

http://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net

Outdoor bliss meets artistic street cred: America’s winning town offers snow, sunshine, and a good chance of celeb-spotting. Readers gave the city near-perfect marks for its weather and for its festivals—thanks in part, no doubt, to winter’s Sundance Film Festival. Since Utah has relaxed its liquor laws over the years, Park City also scored well with readers for wine. Choose from the extensive wine list at Glitretind, at Stein Eriksen Lodge, or the long list of bottles at the new Main Street hotspot Tupelo, whose artisanal menu includes such delights as Rocky Mountain Elk Bolognese. With all that good food and opportunities to exercise, the locals impressed readers by looking well-toned.

Three important things draw Daniel Howard to Park City: History, wildlife, and rooftop bars.

“I like the no-chain-store ambience along Main Street, and the mining-era legacy of its buildings,” says Howard, who works for the Four Seasons Biltmore Resort in Santa Barbara. “And, I like seeing moose walking through the town.” His favorite perch to watch either people or antlered creatures is the rooftop bar at the No Name Saloon. “It’s the best place to take in the crowds below,” he says. “While still being above it all and yet under the radar—just like Park City.”

Even though the Utah ski town is increasingly associated with its star-studded film festival each winter, the combination of sophisticated hangouts and small town charm has made it a top-ten favorite of Travel+Leisure readers. In this year’s America’s Favorite Places survey, readers ranked cities and towns across the U.S. for their dining, shopping, and other qualities—even how smart the locals seem. Among the top 30 winning towns (which have populations under 100,000), a few high-scoring categories came up time and again: friendly residents, a relaxing ambience, and a wealth of little indulgences, like bakeries, burgers, and wine bars.

Some towns charmed travelers with their mix of quirky qualities. “With just one stroll through downtown Asheville on a Saturday night, we were able to window-shop handcrafted art, sip high-end cocktails, and stumble into a full-moon drum circle in Pritchard Park” says Arizona native Laine Strutton. “It’s probably one of the most eclectic towns in America.”

Read on for more about this year’s winners, and to see who ranked where. http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/trip...VwNW?ocid=iehp

The nitty-gritty: Travel + Leisure’s America’s Favorite Places survey opened on 10/8/2015 and closed on 04/15/2016. It was open to everyone, and ran alongside a sweepstakes. The open-response survey asked respondents to submit their favorite place and rate it in over 65 categories, including affordability, notable restaurants, and public parks. Towns were defined as governed bodies with a population less than 100,000. After discarding incomplete ballots and cities that received less than 8 votes, each entry was ranked according to an average score.

Old Posted May 24, 2016, 8:39 PM

Old Posted May 31, 2016, 8:57 PM

Update on projects in South Salt Lake. Five projects should start construction by the end of the summer.

Old Posted May 31, 2016, 9:05 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

I really like the look of both the Ritz and the Zellerbach proposed developments. Those will be great additions to the S-line.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asies1981 View Post
Update on projects in South Salt Lake. Five projects should start construction by the end of the summer.
Demolition and site work has began west of State Street on the Boyer/Winco site. It will be a big improvement for the area. Does anyone know if the Cowboy Properties development on the south end of the Winco parking lot will be constructed at the same time?

Old Posted Jun 3, 2016, 3:49 PM

I saw a rendering of the new Skull Candy headquarters to be built in Kimball Junction the other day but now I can't seem to find it. Does anybody have info on this?

Old Posted Jun 3, 2016, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRes View Post
I saw a rendering of the new Skull Candy headquarters to be built in Kimball Junction the other day but now I can't seem to find it. Does anybody have info on this?
Not sure if it has evolved since this,

http://www.thinkaec.com/project/skul...-headquarters/

Old Posted Jun 7, 2016, 3:42 AM

A couple new midrises are going up in South Jordan near the FrontRunner station.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...nd.html?pg=all

SOUTH JORDAN — Silicon Slopes' presence in Salt Lake County is growing.

A new, transit-oriented project broke ground Tuesday near South Jordan's FrontRunner station, and developers say it could draw hundreds of new, high-tech jobs to the area over the next few years.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Jun 8, 2016, 8:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
A couple new midrises are going up in South Jordan near the FrontRunner station.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...nd.html?pg=all

SOUTH JORDAN — Silicon Slopes' presence in Salt Lake County is growing.

A new, transit-oriented project broke ground Tuesday near South Jordan's FrontRunner station, and developers say it could draw hundreds of new, high-tech jobs to the area over the next few years.
So, are these being built instead of the 12 or 15-story office buildings that were planned to go by the station, or in addition to them? I'm guessing these are being built instead because the previous proposal couldn't get funding.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2016, 12:18 AM

New panel begins look at redeveloping Utah prison land
- KSL

A new commission looking to redevelop the site of Utah's aging state prison in a Salt Lake City suburb holds its first meeting Monday as members chart out a plan to raze the cellblocks and make way for a booming business hub.

The 700 acres in Draper where the prison currently sits won't be vacant for another six years, but lawmakers want to start planning how the prime real estate can be redeveloped.

The land is in a growing suburban area between Salt Lake City and Provo where high-tech firms like Adobe and eBay have recently opened offices.

State officials estimate that once a new prison is built near Salt Lake City International Airport, the old site can generate from $500 million to more than $2 billion in economic activity.

Lawmakers, local leaders and economic development officials on the Point of the Mountain Development Commission are expected to lay out a timeline for that on Monday afternoon and discuss possible uses of the land.

Lawmakers last year approved moving the new prison to a site several miles west of the airport. The new prison is expected to have about 4,000 beds and updated medical and inmate treatment facilities.

Consultants hired by the state estimated that the new prison will cost about $550 million and be completed around 2020.

The Draper land, which has housed the prison since 1951, would be cleared for a new use about two years after that, officials estimate.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=40186282&nid...ah-prison-land

Old Posted Jun 14, 2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBurrow View Post
Demolition and site work has began west of State Street on the Boyer/Winco site. It will be a big improvement for the area. Does anyone know if the Cowboy Properties development on the south end of the Winco parking lot will be constructed at the same time?
What is there to the Boyer/Winco site other than a typical suburban style grocery store and parking lot?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West