HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 8, 2016, 2:25 PM

And while you're out and about, you may as well stop by the Salt Lake County landfill too. At least there are some interesting birds there. Can't say that for Harriman.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2016, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz View Post
You should get out more.
Oh, I get out a ton. I'm in Park City often, and the cottonwood canyons quite a bit. I recently returned from Vancouver and will be in New Orleans next month, and Alaska in June. I'm often in Los Angeles.

It's not a question of getting out. It's a question of where is worth going. Sandy and Herriman aren't on the list.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2016, 5:07 PM

If you're headed to Herriman, make sure to have a full tank of gas and maybe pack a lunch.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2016, 12:51 AM

Kind of a shame for the Monarchs, I think they'd get much better support in other proposed locations (i.e WVC, west SLC), and could probably support a bigger stadium there.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Apr 11, 2016, 1:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
Kind of a shame for the Monarchs, I think they'd get much better support in other proposed locations (i.e WVC, west SLC), and could probably support a bigger stadium there.
Honestly, I doubt that. a 5k stadium is about right for them.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2016, 4:41 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

There is a major demographic that absolutely loves soccer and I see WVC or the Fairpark as being the ideal location to better serve that demographic. Not to mention that either of those locations has great access from the entire Wasatch Front by both freeway and transit. Herriman is a horrible location for a minor league soccer team.

Look at the Bee's, a minor league team, in "America's Pass time" and it struggles to fill it's stadium and it is adjacent to transit and freeway, then again it's stadium is 3 times the size of the proposed Monarch's stadium. While I don't go to Grizzlies games that often, when I do go they are barely half full, and that is an arena that is freeway and transit adjacent. I think 5,000 seats will be more than enough for the Monarch's in Herriman.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2016, 3:47 AM

To all those complaining about the Monarchs going to Herriman instead of a more accessible location....you are being more concerned about the Monarchs rather than RSL. The only reason that the baseball team is near transit and the freeway is because there is no competition of a Major League team, if there were you can bet the minor league stadium would be moved to podunkville. Why? because I want you paying for the higher tickets and the big name, let the people that don't come to those games anyway go to the 'cheap' minor league games. If you were to put the Monarchs in WVC that is too close to RSL and now people might say, "sure i want to go see soccer, but I'll just go to the cheaper one rather than pay the higher prices for RSL." Putting them in a less accessible area makes people be more willing to go to RSL rather than the cheaper version.

A good example, here in DC we have the Nationals MLB team. One of their minor league teams is the Potomac Nationals that play all the way out in Woodbridge, this is not near the metro in any way, and while it is on the commuter train (VRE) no one in DC ever suggests going down to Woodbridge for a minor league team play, they go to see the major league. You don't want to over saturate your area and cause the higher price team to suffer.

Last edited by jtrent77; Apr 13, 2016 at 4:31 AM.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2016, 2:17 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

I disagree with the locational argument. RSL had an average attendance in 2015 of 20,160, the RioT has a capacity of 20,213, RSL doesn't have an attendance issue. Putting the stadium in Herriman has nothing to do with distance from the "Mother Ship" their first choice for a Monarchs Stadium was the State Fair Park, but because the extended lease for the state hadn't been finalized they moved on, their next choice was WVC, but they couldn't make it work, so location has nothing to do with it, it has everything to do with where they can get approval and the best deal to put the stadium.

The Jazz had a D League team that played in Orem for several years, it wasn't in Orem because the Jazz wanted it there, they didn't own it at the time, it was in Orem because the owner of the team wanted it there. The Jazz purchased the Idaho Stampede last season and they continued to play in Boise this season. The Jazz announced that the are moving the team, now the Utah Stars, to Salt Lake City to play at SLCC Redwood Campus. Nobody is going to choose to go to a Stars game rather than a Jazz game, if they have a choice. The same will be true with RSL games, nobody is going to choose a Monarchs game over an RSL game, if they have the choice.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2016, 3:12 PM

The Jazz have a D league team again. They have purchased the Idaho Stampede, renamed them the Salt Lake City Stars and are moving them to SLC next year. They'll play at Salt Lake Community College for now. Just a side-note.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 9:28 PM

Tower crane going up in Murray off 53rd south for Security National Financial's new building.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 10:35 PM
The Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL,UT View Post
Tower crane going up in Murray off 53rd south for Security National Financial's new building.
what does this new building look like?

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL,UT View Post
Someone posted an article about the project and its phases. There was no rendering. I can barely recall the details. Can someone repost it. Please.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 11:17 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPdesign View Post
Someone posted an article about the project and its phases. There was no rendering. I can barely recall the details. Can someone repost it. Please.
Here's the article
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...ay.html?pg=all

Old Posted Apr 21, 2016, 5:05 PM

Here is a video rendering via youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl7XLv0Qijk

Old Posted Apr 21, 2016, 6:42 PM

Thank you Future Mayor. SL,UT That is a great find. Thank you for sharing it

Old Posted Apr 21, 2016, 6:56 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

The thing I find so comical about that is the the live shots, not those with the renderings, are in downtown.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2016, 12:23 AM

One of the new Vista Station buildings, really hugging the sidewalk.

Vista Station

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Apr 28, 2016, 12:35 AM
Vote for me in 2019!

At least they got the hugging the sidewalk part right, better than a 30' patch of grass. It's the start of a more pedestrian oriented area.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2016, 1:56 AM
Exit 298

With our luck, there won't be a door facing the street. Just one 60 feet away near the parking lot.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2016, 11:02 PM

Wasatch Front housing is still hot, but sales cool as prices swell, inventory shrinks

http://www.sltrib.com/news/3826884-1...g-is-still-hot

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West