HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Aug 15, 2024, 3:58 PM

Has anyone experienced random nuisance registrations against commercial land titles in the Saskatoon area by a business name: Synpar Applications? I am aware of 3 so far. This person seems to to focus on claiming interests in lands arising out incomprehensible zoning and heritage bylaw references.

It is very odd as it costs money to register interests and I can see no logical motivation other than perhaps mental illness.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2024, 6:28 PM

Old Posted Aug 15, 2024, 8:02 PM

From Sinpar's Facebook page:

𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕜 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘. 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕋𝕚𝕥𝕝𝕖 𝔻𝕖𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕥 𝕣𝕖𝕗𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕖 ℍ𝕒𝕝𝕝 ℕ𝕠. 𝟛, 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞𝕖𝕣 "ℍ𝕠𝕤𝕖 & ℍ𝕪𝕕𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕥" 𝕨𝕙𝕚𝕔𝕙 𝕚𝕤 𝕔𝕦𝕣𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕝𝕪 𝕓𝕖𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕠𝕧𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕕. 𝔸𝕔𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝔻𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕝𝕠𝕡𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝔸𝕔𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝟚𝟘𝟘𝟟, 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕔𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕓𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕤𝕗𝕖𝕣𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕠𝕣 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕘𝕒𝕘𝕖𝕕. 𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕦𝕟𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝𝕪, 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℝ𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕣 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕊𝕪𝕟ℙ𝕒𝕣'𝕤 𝕄𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕖𝕠𝕦𝕤 ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕦𝕟𝕚𝕥𝕪 𝕀𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕥 (𝕄ℂ𝕀) 𝕧𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕕, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕔𝕖𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕝𝕪 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℂ𝕚𝕥𝕪'𝕤 𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕝𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕘𝕠𝕣𝕘𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕖 𝕒𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕘𝕠𝕠𝕕 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕔𝕥 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕓𝕠𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℂ𝕚𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕠𝕝𝕚𝕔𝕚𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 & 𝔻𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕝𝕠𝕡𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥, 𝕊𝕐ℕℙ𝔸ℝ 𝔸ℙℙ𝕃𝕀ℂ𝔸𝕋𝕀𝕆ℕ𝕊 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕘𝕝𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕪 𝕊𝔼𝔼 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕚𝕟 ℂ𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕤𝕖𝕖𝕜𝕤 𝕥𝕠 𝕃𝕒𝕡𝕤𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕕𝕦𝕖 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕔𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕠𝕣 𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕝𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕟𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕒𝕝

Old Posted Aug 15, 2024, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
From Sinpar's Facebook page:

𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕜 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘. 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕋𝕚𝕥𝕝𝕖 𝔻𝕖𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕥 𝕣𝕖𝕗𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕖 ℍ𝕒𝕝𝕝 ℕ𝕠. 𝟛, 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞𝕖𝕣 "ℍ𝕠𝕤𝕖 & ℍ𝕪𝕕𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕥" 𝕨𝕙𝕚𝕔𝕙 𝕚𝕤 𝕔𝕦𝕣𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕝𝕪 𝕓𝕖𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕠𝕧𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕕. 𝔸𝕔𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝔻𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕝𝕠𝕡𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝔸𝕔𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝟚𝟘𝟘𝟟, 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕔𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕓𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕤𝕗𝕖𝕣𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕠𝕣 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕘𝕒𝕘𝕖𝕕. 𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕦𝕟𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕝𝕪, 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℝ𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕣 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕊𝕪𝕟ℙ𝕒𝕣'𝕤 𝕄𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕖𝕠𝕦𝕤 ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕦𝕟𝕚𝕥𝕪 𝕀𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕥 (𝕄ℂ𝕀) 𝕧𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕕, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕔𝕖𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕝𝕪 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℂ𝕚𝕥𝕪'𝕤 𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕝𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕘𝕠𝕣𝕘𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕖 𝕒𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕘𝕠𝕠𝕕 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕔𝕥 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕓𝕠𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℂ𝕚𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕠𝕝𝕚𝕔𝕚𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 & 𝔻𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕝𝕠𝕡𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥, 𝕊𝕐ℕℙ𝔸ℝ 𝔸ℙℙ𝕃𝕀ℂ𝔸𝕋𝕀𝕆ℕ𝕊 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕘𝕝𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕪 𝕊𝔼𝔼 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕚𝕟 ℂ𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕤𝕖𝕖𝕜𝕤 𝕥𝕠 𝕃𝕒𝕡𝕤𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕕𝕦𝕖 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕔𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕠𝕣 𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕝𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕟𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕒𝕝
As a complete outsider on the terminology, what does this mean and what would they hope to achieve?

Old Posted Aug 15, 2024, 9:45 PM

Wow, that's total nonsense.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2024, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactaNV View Post
As a complete outsider on the terminology, what does this mean and what would they hope to achieve?
It is just gibberish. In a subsequent post he referred to wanting to ensure it was a live music venue. Apparently the guy is a musician named Mehta Valby-Youngs. It looks like he has made over 20 registrations against various high profile properties in the City.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2024, 12:13 AM

Saskatoon Downtown Events Entertainment District

I have been following this potential Entertainment District project for a while. I love the concept. I've been to meetings, to learn about their ideas.. and contribute input at concept meetings. Any discussions online has been flooded with loud and negative keyboard warriors.. mostly raging misinformation. (If I see any more complaints about parking... gawd)
We've been to several Entertainment Districts in Canada and USA, and love them!
Does anyone have opinion or observations supporting this project?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...id=socialshare

Old Posted Aug 19, 2024, 10:44 AM

Re: Entertainment districts. I've found the ones I've visited have alway been alive with a great vibe. Loud drunks once in a while of course, but well managed and patrolled. Any concentration of music, artists and film/movies for me is conducive to a fun time.

Of course, the people who don't appreciate the arts in their lives are the loudest proponents against establishing such an area, because it'll curtail their driving freedom, occasionally, if a road is closed.

Parking. Yes, parking. Well, Saskatoon is a cold city and it makes sense for this to be a top priority. Maybe the city could build a parkade the size of the old Bay one near the police station or other land they already own?

Also, the cold would hopefully result in shelters or connected/sheltered walkways throughout the planned district. No use ignoring the giant elephants in the room: weather and parking. Saskatonians would have to be electrically prodded to even consider taking a bus....

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskabusher View Post
Re: Entertainment districts. I've found the ones I've visited have alway been alive with a great vibe. Loud drunks once in a while of course, but well managed and patrolled. Any concentration of music, artists and film/movies for me is conducive to a fun time.

Of course, the people who don't appreciate the arts in their lives are the loudest proponents against establishing such an area, because it'll curtail their driving freedom, occasionally, if a road is closed.

Parking. Yes, parking. Well, Saskatoon is a cold city and it makes sense for this to be a top priority. Maybe the city could build a parkade the size of the old Bay one near the police station or other land they already own?

Also, the cold would hopefully result in shelters or connected/sheltered walkways throughout the planned district. No use ignoring the giant elephants in the room: weather and parking. Saskatonians would have to be electrically prodded to even consider taking a bus....

Why would a parkade be top priority? It's windy and cold walking from my car to the doors at SaskPlace, but everyone still does it. I agree though on sheltered or protected walkways. The more trees and the more buildings right up to the street with overhangs to protect from the wind the better.

As for bus, the city is building a rapid transit system that will take people right to the front doors of the arena. Sure people don't like the bus now, but if you a bus is coming ever 6 minutes down 8th street or Broadway right to the front doors of the area, I'm sure more than a few people will figure out that they could park next to the Yard & Flagon or whatever 8th Street restaurant they want to go to and then be delivered to their destination quickly, warmly and easily by bus.

Also, on the top of parking, apparently 60,000 people were downtown for the car show and there were thousands more in Victoria park for the urban games and it all seemed to work out just fine.

https://x.com/JasonAebig/status/1825275649348804807

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfgh View Post
Also, on the top of parking, apparently 60,000 people were downtown for the car show and there were thousands more in Victoria park for the urban games and it all seemed to work out just fine.

https://x.com/JasonAebig/status/1825275649348804807
Honestly such a great thing to be pointed out by - checks notes - the CEO of the chamber of commerce.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 7:06 PM

Does anyone know what project the crane on the east side of Usask is for? It's visible from Preston Ave, looks to be just north of 108th St / East Road. Are they starting construction on the new Sask Polytech campus already?

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet but work is well underway at the 1414/1416 Main Street property (Kalabasus by BlackRock Developments)! I think it'll be a great addition to that area. Renders of the project are here: https://www.saskatoon.ca/engage/14141416-main-street

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 7:13 PM

The steel structure of the Great Western addition is standing. You can already feel an urbanizing effect on that corner. Here's hoping for quality finishes.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 11:36 PM

Crane on U of S Campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sask.ks View Post
Does anyone know what project the crane on the east side of Usask is for? It's visible from Preston Ave, looks to be just north of 108th St / East Road. Are they starting construction on the new Sask Polytech campus already?

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet but work is well underway at the 1414/1416 Main Street property (Kalabasus by BlackRock Developments)! I think it'll be a great addition to that area. Renders of the project are here: https://www.saskatoon.ca/engage/14141416-main-street
The Crane is on site of the V.I.D.O. Animal care facility new construction..

Old Posted Aug 21, 2024, 10:56 PM

Funding Plan Revealed for new Saskatoon Arena, convention centre

The cost for a new arena, convention centre renovation, parkade, parks, plazas and other amenities is estimated at $1.22 billion.

https://thestarphoenix.com/news/loca...vention-centre

Last edited by RobD; Aug 21, 2024 at 11:11 PM.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2024, 1:46 AM

Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen it posted here before. North Prairie is trying to get an amendment to zoning for the lot at Clarence and university.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2024, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobD View Post
The cost for a new arena, convention centre renovation, parkade, parks, plazas and other amenities is estimated at $1.22 billion.

https://thestarphoenix.com/news/loca...vention-centre
Oh boy....let the naysayers start their ranting!!! I am not sure these kind of numbers were shared before, so it is a bit of a sticker shock. However, this is comprehensive costs for all aspects, so good to see the transparency.

I can see this definitely being a civic election issue this Fall (especially given who has announced their intent for Mayor). However, this funding model still trys to protect civic tax increases for the project(s). I hope people do their research and do not get pulled into 'fake news' and 'fear mongoring' over this.

I fully support this investment in Saskatoon's future! Didn't Regina spend close to 2 billion for a not so much needed 'ring road'??? The DEED in Saskatoon, is an essential addition to quality of life, economic development, population growth/recruitment/retention and civic pride.

The province better step up with support for this, as our sister capital sister seems to always receive generous support for capital projecst or civic infrastructure (i.e. Wascana Park, Regina Conexus Arts Centre, Mosaic Stadium, etc.)

Old Posted Aug 22, 2024, 7:20 PM

I’m also in support of the DEED. I travelled to L.A. LIVE in the winter and it was such a bustling place with the arena, theatres, convention centre, hotels, restaurants, etc. I realize Saskatoon will never reach the same level, but the idea of having a vibrant downtown (even at select times) is exciting! Paid a destination fee each night to stay in that location and it was definitely worth it. I imagine a fee like this, which they seem to refer to as an amusement/accommodation tax, on events, hotels, and restaurants over the life span of the district could add up to pay for a good chunk of the $300M-$400M the city is expecting to pay for. My biggest concern is the funding plan seems to rely on hope that the federal government will create infrastructure programs after the next election…

Does anyone know any details on the VIDO expansion? Seems like an unusually large crane.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2024, 10:21 AM

This was mentioned in a post a couple of months ago, but here is an updated rendering of the University of Saskatchewan's College of Engineering expansion released on one of their Facebook accounts which helps give a good idea of what the project will look like.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7520000&type=3

It looks like the project has been downsized a bit from its previous iteration but will retain some architectural features of the prior design, as well as incorporating the red brick facade of the old building. The project is being coined as 'The USask Engineering IDEAS' expansion (Innovation, Design, Engineering, and Applied Sciences) and will also include renovations to the existing building. Personally, I like the new design; it works well with the existing building. Like many of the other proposals in this forum, I think this project is long overdue. Hopefully, this new information is a sign that the project is progressing and that construction will begin in the not-too-distant future.

Last edited by Built different; Aug 23, 2024 at 10:40 AM.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2024, 11:55 AM

Does anyone know any details on the VIDO expansion? Seems like an unusually large crane.[/QUOTE]

https://news.usask.ca/articles/resea...ent-centre.php

Old Posted Aug 23, 2024, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LSaskatoon View Post

Does anyone know any details on the VIDO expansion? Seems like an unusually large crane.

https://news.usask.ca/articles/resea...ent-centre.php[/QUOTE]

I feel our University....and local/provincial/national news agencies do a very poor job of reporting and communicating stories like the above. This is a significant story on a world scale and I would guess that very few know about this. We need to to a much better job of covering and promoting significant accomplishments such as VIDO.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan