HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 9:43 AM
BANNED

did anyone in the Winnipeg area hear of that property management company that placed boulders all around D-Jays Restaurant on Portage Avenue in the Westwood area? It looks like something out of a Monty Python movie!

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...136178743.html

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 6:46 PM
I am a typical

Wow. Speaking of Winnipeg developer's acting like children, Shindico is building a Swiss Chalet here and their site is in total disarray. They don't seem to know what they're doing. The stole a "be careful around the construction site sign" from Walmart's recent renovation, and didn't even bother covering up Walmart's logo on it.

In addition to that, the parking lot they made for this development is full of seams and dips, and the doors for the BMO they built don't close correctly.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2012, 10:18 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
Wow. Speaking of Winnipeg developer's acting like children, Shindico is building a Swiss Chalet here and their site is in total disarray. They don't seem to know what they're doing. The stole a "be careful around the construction site sign" from Walmart's recent renovation, and didn't even bother covering up Walmart's logo on it.

In addition to that, the parking lot they made for this development is full of seams and dips, and the doors for the BMO they built don't close correctly.
Where is this Swiss Chalet located? I would love to see a pic of that sign Shindico stole. lol. I'm sure if Wal-Mart learned of this, they would not be too amused.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2012, 11:36 PM
I am a typical

I think it might have been scooped by the contractor, but there is no contractor that I can tell, none of the vehicles have logos on them. Does Shindico use their own equipment to build their developments?

I work during the entirety of daylight hours so I can't get a photo until Saturday (maybe Wednesday afternoon when I go to the adjacent bank to forfeit my hard earned money to governments, bankers and landlords), and by then they'll probably clean it up (the hoarding was all collapsed and a piece of steel for what I think was supposed to be a window was bent out of shape) but I can get a shot of that sign if it is still there. It is kind of weird to see Walmart's logo on a sign beside a building that is so small.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2012, 1:05 AM
BANNED

What ever happened to NewFlyer?

Old Posted Jan 3, 2012, 3:35 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

i duno where he is hes been missing since august 8th kinda makes one wonder if he had a heart attack and died on us :S

i see his webserver for his site is down http://www.allwinnipeg.com

Old Posted Jan 3, 2012, 3:38 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Yeah, I've been wondering about that. I was scrolling through old posts today when I saw NewFlyer's name. Then I realized "whatever happened to that guy?"

It's either he moved on, or died.

I hope it's not the latter.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2012, 3:41 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

i hope so to
i've met him realy passionit buisnes guy was really looking forward to the future winnipeg and setting back up here.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2012, 4:09 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

on another note the mine in wabowden lost more money and is laying people off though in some cases the wrong people including me o well ended with over time now to find another job but do i really want to go to thompson :S

anyone know the name of the mine thats supost to be opening up on highway 6 between the lakes?

Last edited by 1ajs; Jan 4, 2012 at 12:16 AM.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2012, 12:28 AM
I am a typical

You can't complain. You made more working at that place in 3 months than I will in a year.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2012, 1:51 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

u won't make more then 12k?

Old Posted Jan 4, 2012, 2:18 AM
I am a typical

Ok, so you've made more than half of what I make in a year, in a quarter of the time. Still a lot better than nothing.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2012, 2:19 AM
BANNED

You guys should try the Oil patch. I was looking to get on to the project 1ajs was speaking of but could not, so I headed west instead of north. About the same amount of coin. If you work on drilling rigs, you could make even more.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2012, 2:56 AM
I am a typical

I'd have to make the decision between enjoying a low paying job or hating a high paying job. I think I would rather be happy than rich.

Although if the oil rigs offer as much gay sex as the lumberjack trade I guess it is worth a try?

Old Posted Jan 5, 2012, 3:01 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post
You guys should try the Oil patch. I was looking to get on to the project 1ajs was speaking of but could not, so I headed west instead of north. About the same amount of coin. If you work on drilling rigs, you could make even more.

yea just looking around i just don't want to wind up in Thompson

though be nice to get work at the mclelan mine got a cabin not far from it west of lynn lake but thats prolly not till later in the yr it will be up

Old Posted Jan 5, 2012, 3:11 AM
I am a typical

To all the people from Toronto on here, that is what a real cabin looks like. Or as we call it in these parts, a camp.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2012, 7:36 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
I'd have to make the decision between enjoying a low paying job or hating a high paying job. I think I would rather be happy than rich.
I love my job. The money is good too. I once did a job laying pipe, but did not enjoy it that much. The money was good though.

Here is where we stayed for one of our week long contracts:

http://www.ptigroup.com/camps/pti_co...rofile_1pg.pdf

Old Posted Jan 6, 2012, 8:26 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

what evers happend to newflyer will have to remain a mystry i can't find him anywhere i've looked his real name up his email is dead his website is expired

even looked through obituaries only other option is to start going through the phone book i guess

Old Posted Jan 6, 2012, 12:36 PM
Dynamic Positivity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post
I love my job. The money is good too. I once did a job laying pipe, but did not enjoy it that much. The money was good though.

Here is where we stayed for one of our week long contracts:

http://www.ptigroup.com/camps/pti_co...rofile_1pg.pdf
Working for EnCana/Conoco up at Christina Lake?

Old Posted Jan 6, 2012, 5:30 PM

Regina unemployment rate lowest in country

Reported by Colleen Hennan

First Posted: Jan 6, 2012 10:2

Regina has the lowest unemployment rate in Canada, according to a recent report issued by Statistics Canada.

According to the Labour Force Survey, Regina’s rate is sitting at 3.8 percent, just up from 3.5.

Saskatchewan's unemployment rate is currently the second highest in the country, up slightly to 5.2 per cent.

The rest of Canada is struggling with the loss of nearly 2,600 jobs pushing the unemployment rate up to 7.5 per cent.

Edited by News Talk Radio's Chris Morin

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan