HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Apr 22, 2023, 2:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
There hasn't been any activity on the site so no 6620 Sussex Ave thread yet. I'd kind of forgotten about it. I just looked it up on the latest Major Developments page and it reached final adoption 2022.07.04
Site is cleared now, well partially at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviscon View Post
6857-6875 Royal Oak Ave.

Crane is up and excavation is almost complete for the single level below grade.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2023, 6:56 PM

2023, Apr 22

Ice rinks near Sothgate

Untitled by Lexus LX600, on Flickr

Untitled by Lexus LX600, on Flickr

Old Posted Apr 24, 2023, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spr0ckets View Post
farther to the west, close to the Patterson Skytrain station, demolition seems to be complete for Polygon's Perla project (formerly Olive Court Tower 1) to the immediate west of Bosa's Central Park House,..... as they get ready to begin excavation.
Excavation has started for Perla.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2023, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madog222 View Post
Excavation has started for Perla.
I'm intrigued that they're starting excavation so soon while Anthem's Nuvo next door is still constructing their sub-grade parkade, and hasn't reached grade yet (....although they will within a couple of weeks.)

That little corner of Patterson is going to be busy over the next several months with those three projects (Bosa's Central Park, Anthem's Nuvo and now Concord's Perla) all within a block of each other..

And there's another project proposed for the lot in between Central Park House and Nuvo which should have gotten past its Third Reading at the City, if I remember correctly, so it should be interesting to see how quickly they move to site-prep once they get Final adoption.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2023, 5:19 AM

Yeah, I can see it all from my window and it is indeed getting busy. It's going to be interesting to see how they will build the tallest tower in the middle after Nuvo, Central Park and Perla have all been built. The crane operator on that site won't have a lot to space to maneuver.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2023, 6:12 AM
victory in near

26 buildings being planned Sperling -burnaby lake SkyTrain station.

https://storeys.com/burnaby-lake-vil...eterson-group/

Old Posted Apr 25, 2023, 7:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmk View Post
26 buildings being planned Sperling -burnaby lake SkyTrain station.

https://storeys.com/burnaby-lake-vil...eterson-group/
old news.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2023, 5:37 AM

This got me really excited! All I can say is FINALLY and there is huge potential to build something great here. The SkyTrain guideway lighting was well-implemented, but without something under it, it serves very little purpose.

https://www.burnaby.ca/our-city/proj...cement-project

Video Link

Old Posted Apr 27, 2023, 6:08 AM

Nice, the path along there has looked very tired for a long time.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2023, 6:15 AM

great. I always thought a food truck area under the Skytrain at Metrotown would be a great use of the dead space.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2023, 4:42 PM

If they extend this program between Royal Oak and Edmonds, another beer garden across from Studio Brewing would make a lot of sense (if they operate it of course). Would show they're taking their brewery district plans seriously

Old Posted Apr 27, 2023, 4:49 PM

Great to see the on-screen promotion from the mayor himself as well. Not too common these days in the bigger cities in Metro Van.

Somehow I can't see Mayor Ken Sim promoting like that!

Old Posted Apr 27, 2023, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcj View Post
If they extend this program between Royal Oak and Edmonds, another beer garden across from Studio Brewing would make a lot of sense (if they operate it of course). Would show they're taking their brewery district plans seriously
I don't know that there's enough space to do much along that whole section but certainly from Royal Oak Station to about Gilley there is. From Gilley down to Edmonds Station is likely to not get much more than community gardens (same with Edmonds Station to the OMC).

On a related note, I just got a postcard about the Edmonds Town Centre Cycling Network.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2023, 6:37 PM

Quote:
I don't know that there's enough space to do much along that whole section but certainly from Royal Oak Station to about Gilley there is. From Gilley down to Edmonds Station is likely to not get much more than community gardens (same with Edmonds Station to the OMC).
Good thing Studio is between Royal Oak and Gilley! There's a pretty large patch of bushes right at Buller that would allow for a large beer garden. Considering the light industrial use surrounding it, that would be perfect for the nexus of a brewery district.

Last edited by mcj; Apr 27, 2023 at 7:05 PM.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2023, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Good thing Studio is between Royal Oak and Gilley! There's a pretty large patch of bushes right at Bulley that would allow for a large beer garden. Considering the light industrial use surrounding it, that would be perfect for the nexus of a brewery district.
I'm with you on that - there's a lot of open space along the BC Parkway from there up to Royal Oak Station that could be used for something. Maybe not to the same extent as over by Metrotown but they could put some small 'recreation' and 'community / leisure' along here and not have to do much of any maintenance on it.

I though you were talking about the south side of Buller. That was a pain when I was regularly riding a bike through there as you had to come to a full stop and then sllooowly move forward to see around trees and bushes to check for any vehicles speeding through the intersection. Oh and on one side you had to be on the road as there wasn't a pathway. Oh what fun...

Old Posted Apr 27, 2023, 6:57 PM

Quote:
From Buller follow the Interurban grade along Beresford to Kingsway & Edmonds then along Griffiths to Rumble and onward to the Edmonds Station.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2023, 7:03 PM

Quote:
I'm with you on that - there's a lot of open space along the BC Parkway from there up to Royal Oak Station that could be used for something. Maybe not to the same extent as over by Metrotown but they could put some small 'recreation' and 'community / leisure' along here and not have to do much of any maintenance on it.

I though you were talking about the south side of Buller. That was a pain when I was regularly riding a bike through there as you had to come to a full stop and then sllooowly move forward to see around trees and bushes to check for any vehicles speeding through the intersection. Oh and on one side you had to be on the road as there wasn't a pathway. Oh what fun...
Yeah that south side of the BC parkway between Buller* and Gilley along Prenter is the worst section of the parkway, I usually just ride on the road through that portion.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2023, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madog222 View Post
From Buller follow the Interurban grade along Beresford to Kingsway & Edmonds then along Griffiths to Rumble and onward to the Edmonds Station.
I doubt that stretch is going to get much more attention and it's not part of the BC Parkway - and we're talking about that Enhancement Project.

Quote:
Yeah that south side of the BC parkway between Buller* and Gilley along Prenter is the worst section of the parkway, I usually just ride on the road through that portion.
Not that long ago it was only the road and a gravel walking path along the side so there wasn't really much of a choice but to ride on the road (good thing it's usually pretty quiet there).

Old Posted Apr 28, 2023, 2:01 PM

Burnaby Approves Buchanan West Plan for Multiple 50-Storey Towers, 6,000 Homes
PUBLISHED: 12:18 PM APR 26, 2023

On Monday, the City of Burnaby approved the Buchanan West Master Plan, which will guide the redevelopment of an under-utilized retail square in the Brentwood neighbourhood into a high-density mixed-use hub.

The idea to redevelop the site has been stewing for quite some time, but began translating into actions in the past year after the City formally began the process of developing a concept plan, then initiating public consultation for it in January. A public hearing was then held last month, before the plan was granted final adoption on Monday.

https://storeys.com/city-of-burnaby-...-plan-concept/

Old Posted Apr 28, 2023, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
Burnaby Approves Buchanan West Plan for Multiple 50-Storey Towers, 6,000 Homes
PUBLISHED: 12:18 PM APR 26, 2023

On Monday, the City of Burnaby approved the Buchanan West Master Plan, which will guide the redevelopment of an under-utilized retail square in the Brentwood neighbourhood into a high-density mixed-use hub.

The idea to redevelop the site has been stewing for quite some time, but began translating into actions in the past year after the City formally began the process of developing a concept plan, then initiating public consultation for it in January. A public hearing was then held last month, before the plan was granted final adoption on Monday.

https://storeys.com/city-of-burnaby-...-plan-concept/
I find it odd that the city wouldn't have proposed a rerouting of the Madison/Douglas stretch of road - there's just a car dealership in the way and it would clean up what is a messy intersection when it crosses over with Halifax.

Additionally, I can't believe the city didn't/hasn't loosened parking requirements for a site like this when it's so close to transit. It's going to significantly increase the cost of this development.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley