HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael85225 View Post
Looks amazing and just like I suspected, there has been a redesign. Tower 2 looks much better and I'm glad they went with all glass. The taller one has been tweaked slightly too I see. Not only will Phoenix finally get a new tallest, we are also getting a new 2nd tallest as well.
*3rd. Chase will be 2nd now.

Upon 2nd review, it's still absolutely massive. The ASU buildings, and YMCA will be nicely shaded in the summer afternoons.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post

Upon 2nd review, it's still absolutely massive. The ASU buildings, and YMCA will be nicely shaded in the summer afternoons.
That’s a much needed update to Tower 2, has the hotelier been named? Did they give an ETA for groundbreaking?

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 9:58 PM

This is going to have a huge impact on downtown. The shorter building is a bit Blade Runner-esque….

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 10:34 PM

Those two towers look absolutely incredible to me!

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 10:43 PM

Quote:

My bad, Valley Center has been vacant to the point I forgot it existed. It's weird to hear it be called "our soon to be 2nd tallest building" after so many decades of holding that title.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 11:45 PM

Holy shit that actually got my heart rate going a bit seeing those renderings haha

Freaking love it!

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 12:53 AM

Quote:

Looking at the design , it looks like 5 individual towers designed together

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 1:22 AM

I also went, lots of good discussions. To add to what Phxguy had already posted:

The stats sheet (the Parking SF line is a typo, I believe the final SF was mentioned to be around 350k sf):

From the SE perspective:

From the NW perspective, looking SE:

Street view of Tower 2:

The site plan:

Details:
- They're rushing the process because city council is going on summer break for 2 months, and their funding is in trouble if there's any other delay. If everything goes through, early 2024 start of construction.
- The hotel is with Tower 1/phase 1, the shorter of the structures. It will have its own amenities, and copper-clad if I heard him correctly (concern over how dark the facade was but it was more of a projector issue). The taller structure is the residential apartments for lease.
- Tower 2/phase 2 will be offices AND coliving/coworking, they're taking inspiration from X projects. The 300 units listed means 300 2-4-Bedroom units with each bedroom having its own en-suite so it could be up to 900 rentable units there (which they claim would help with the affordability problem in downtown).
- No workforce housing, as per the revised GPLET, they're now donating $5.5M instead to the Affordable Housing Trust Fund.
- Total $535 investment to develop the property
- There are 1,156 parking units (big discussion cause running the numbers, it seems over-provisioned), a part of that is dedicated for YMCA since it is part of the deal to redeveloping their parking lot. The city won't let them use the parking garage immediately to the south.
- Parking is "all underground parking" but it is apparently also up to the first 6-7 floors of some of the towers which will be hidden by the facade? Yeah, I put it in quotes cause they keep repeating it and I have no idea what to make of it on which is which.
- All traffic ingress/egress will be on 2nd ave, no access from the alleyway behind (apart from back of house stuff)
- Because of this, their last discussion with Phoenix FD is they still have to add a 3rd lane on 2nd ave, but sounds like there's still room for negotiations there.
- The Paseo will be at least 60' wide and will be considered public

I'll add more if I remember more details, but they are making the rounds over the next few weeks to get buy-in from everyone

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 2:02 AM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX-DUDE-MAN View Post
The forum admin for this thread will need to updated the height to 541' and 424' for the second tower. Looks awesome!
Do we have a new floor count for both towers? Didn't see it in the past few posts.

On a side note, this is absolutely stellar!! The height variance increase was always approved to 541'. I am surprised it wasn't that height from the get-go.

Finally, a project that puts Downtown Phoenix on the map.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 1:23 PM

not much else to say than, "wow". a statement project. finally. both towers look incredible!

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 3:00 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
Do we have a new floor count for both towers? Didn't see it in the past few posts.

On a side note, this is absolutely stellar!! The height variance increase was always approved to 541'. I am surprised it wasn't that height from the get-go.

Finally, a project that puts Downtown Phoenix on the map.

I updated the title with the new heights and to include the second tower. If anyone gets the floor count of both towers, please post and I will add the floor count to the title

Edit: Someone updated the Phoenix high-rise Wiki, but I'm not sure if the floor counts are the revised floors counts or the old ones. Changed the title to reflect what's in the Wiki and I'll try to confirm the new floor count.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 4:39 PM

The shorter tower is an absolute beast! Redesign much better than the previous.

I have a thing for girthy towers maybe it was from watching blade runner as a kid or going to the Merchandise Mart in Chicago idk.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 6:46 PM

so is this thing a solid go at this point?

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingfast View Post
Until the crane is installed nothing is solid.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingfast View Post
If it's true that "their funding is in trouble if there's any other delay", then the answer is No. But certainly great signs of progress!

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 8:30 PM

This looks amazing, onward to crane installation please!

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 9:08 PM

I tried to imagine what this thing would look like from the view on EB I-10 just west of downtown. It seems like it will completely fill in the skyline from Chase to the Sheraton (centered around the palm tree in the foreground). It'll block a few buildings including maybe even the future Central Station towers. It will definitely be imposing from this view.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.4615...8192?entry=ttu

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 9:33 PM

Quote:
I tried to imagine what this thing would look like from the view on EB I-10 just west of downtown. It seems like it will completely fill in the skyline from Chase to the Sheraton (centered around the palm tree in the foreground). It'll block a few buildings including maybe even the future Central Station towers. It will definitely be imposing from this view.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.4615...8192?entry=ttu
with the UC and planned towers along First ave/ Central the entire gap will fill between the highway and Chase

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 9:40 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
with the UC and planned towers along First ave/ Central the entire gap will fill between the highway and Chase
Yea. I feel what have 2 gaps in our skyline now since the towers north of McKinley have went up. Hopefully, Realm and Vela close that up.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 9:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
Yea. I feel what have 2 gaps in our skyline now since the towers north of McKinley have went up. Hopefully, Realm and Vela close that up.
Now we need to hope to close the gap from Mcdowel to Thomas on long unbroken wall of towers!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest