HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Dec 9, 2016, 11:11 PM

Appreciate the pictures as always!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky51 View Post
One of my favorite design/architectural features of European cities is their use of courtyards - some big - some small. These pics were taken 12/8/16 of the courtyard of the new apartments at 3rd St and McDowell - - it is looking great!!

Old Posted Dec 10, 2016, 8:20 PM

Pic of the new townhouses U/C in downtown PHX taken 12.10.2016. If these condos turn out like the first set built, these will be a great addition to downtown PHX. I believe these units have second story balconies....?

Old Posted Dec 10, 2016, 8:26 PM

I learned a long time ago to never judge a building or project until it is totally completed. However IMHO the new hotel in dwtn PHX is looking pretty bleak. Hopefully the base of it will turn out better than the top. They are cladding the lower levels with facade brick and there are lots of large windows. Plus it appears there may be an interior exposed staircase - which I love.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2016, 9:50 PM

Quote:
I learned a long time ago to never judge a building or project until it is totally completed. However IMHO the new hotel in dwtn PHX is looking pretty bleak. Hopefully the base of it will turn out better than the top. They are cladding the lower levels with facade brick and there are lots of large windows. Plus it appears there may be an interior exposed staircase - which I love.

Yeah not sure what the deal is with that hotel, Its like the designed the base and forgot about the top 2/3rds. Its pretty fugly

Old Posted Dec 12, 2016, 10:27 PM
BANNED

I think the upper portion looks like the Downtown Sheraton, but more beige. Unimaginative.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2016, 11:38 PM
Skyriser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpx View Post
I think the upper portion looks like the Downtown Sheraton, but more beige. Unimaginative.
It's like the Sheraton had a bastard child with the county building that wants to be a jail when it grows up.

I hope to god that's not its final form. Ready to be torn down before it's already open otherwise.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 6:17 AM

So it occured to me on my drive home that after what, 12-plus months, Cornish Pasty is still under construction?? I took a peek, and it looks very close. I believe I could see lights on and some exterior finishing touches. I just don't get how anything could possible take that long! They are burning month after month of rent. Just seems like they really had no idea what they were doing. Professionals should've had this done in 2-3 months.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 6:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
So it occured to me on my drive home that after what, 12-plus months, Cornish Pasty is still under construction?? I took a peek, and it looks very close. I believe I could see lights on and some exterior finishing touches. I just don't get how anything could possible take that long! They are burning month after month of rent. Just seems like they really had no idea what they were doing. Professionals should've had this done in 2-3 months.
I sat in the small Mill cornish 12 months ago and talked to the "owner" so he said about the downtown location

he said it was a personal project but regardless of that it should have been open 9 months ago. I have no idea what the hell is going on there

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 2:58 PM

I mean he's probably been paying rent the whole time.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 3:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
I don't think this will happen with Cornish Pasty, but too often places like this take too long to get their act together and then only have enough cash to survive a few months because they burnt it all by taking way too long with the build.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 5:50 PM

Quote:
I believe that often times lessors will not charge rent while tenant improvements are taking place. This could be the lessor eating some or all of the rent rather than the lessee.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 7:03 PM

that's possible but I'm not sure I know any building owners around who would be willing to forego more than a year's rent on an occupied unit.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 7:28 PM

Quote:
that's possible but I'm not sure I know any building owners around who would be willing to forego more than a year's rent on an occupied unit.
Yeah, I doubt if anyone planned for it to take this long. It's probably a situation where the renovation was planned for a shorter period of time, but due to the age and condition of the building, it has been delayed many times by unexpected issues.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 5:26 PM

The Office Project posted a while back near the Biltmore near 30th and Camelback has begun demo. Looks like we will get that nice new office

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 8:05 PM

One of the empty lots between Matt's Big Breakfast and Coronado Hotel has been sold according to PBJ (813 N 1st St)

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Pics of the new apartments on 24th and Highland. They are looking pretty sharp IMHO.

I live a block north at the Optima and I am disappointed actually that this project and Broadstone at Biltmore (think that is the name - spot across from chase bank branch) are big let downs. with gorgeous high rises near by it would be nice to see mord 12-15 buildings here where they are permitted.

granted the Esplanade and 2211 Residences are very expensive but a middle of the road high rise would have made my neighborhood a bit more "urban"

I am just over the cookie cutter appts...

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 6:59 PM

Looks like we are getting another Broadstone, 3rd Ave and Osborn, I believe the NE corner replacing the stweart Professional building.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...tments-in.html

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Looks like we are getting another Broadstone, 3rd Ave and Osborn, I believe the NE corner replacing the stweart Professional building.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...tments-in.html
Plans for this were posted a while back. IIRC, the project was incorporating the Stewart building in some fashion

Last edited by ASU Diablo; Jan 17, 2017 at 8:10 PM.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 7:05 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
The Office Project posted a while back near the Biltmore near 30th and Camelback has begun demo. Looks like we will get that nice new office
The buildings at the SE corner of 28th St. & Camelback have not begun demo yet. Those will be lowrise offices and a hotel. The buildings coming down just east of the office building on the SWC of 28th St & Camelback will be apartments.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2017, 3:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtnphx View Post
The buildings at the SE corner of 28th St. & Camelback have not begun demo yet. Those will be lowrise offices and a hotel. The buildings coming down just east of the office building on the SWC of 28th St & Camelback will be apartments.

hopefully something decent! I drive by that everyday and it has been boarded up/chain link fences for the longest time

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest