HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Apr 24, 2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVINphx View Post
Huh? What is your point? The place is clearly empty on the inside and someone else posted a link to a story about the restaurant that will replace it.

It is closed for good.
What is your problem? The Anchor Centre construction signs that I passed every day on my way to work promoted retail, so I was wondering whether Ruth's was the only retail spot or if there were more. Someone mentioned that it's actually closed, so my "point" was to simply apologize for being mistaken and explain why I was confused: because the sign is still up. Next time, I'll be sure to look inside all businesses throughout the week at different hours to verify their status before ever making such a terrible mistake again!

I wasn't implying that it was open or reopening, but that's really irrelevant anyway. My original post was to provide an update that the Centre has completed construction and I was simply wondering if anyone knew anything more about the retail mix it would be offering.

Last edited by Jjs5056; Apr 25, 2013 at 12:44 AM.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2013, 1:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floc34 View Post
^Ruth's Chris has closed it's Biltmore location, the only one left in AZ is on Scottsdale Rd....

my old street corner lost several steak joints in 4 years
-Morton's closed
-Ruth Chris is now closing
-M and S closed - I recently ate the location in Chicago, it was decent
-Houston's became Hillstone

Old Posted Apr 25, 2013, 1:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexico View Post
my old street corner lost several steak joints in 4 years
-Morton's closed
-Ruth Chris is now closing
-M and S closed - I recently ate the location in Chicago, it was decent
-Houston's became Hillstone
Houston's and Hillstone are the same thing. Same (slightly expanded) menu.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2013, 11:31 PM

Well they've finished joining up the two lots on the SWC of 1st Ave and Roosevelt. Looks like there's been some on street parking added too. Now let's see how long it takes to get something built there.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2013, 4:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTempe View Post
Looks like there's been some on street parking added too.

I don't think that is on-street parking...I think that is a bus pull-in. Looks like there is a concrete slab off of the sidewalk in the picture above that will be the foundation for a bus stop shelter. I could be wrong though because that slab would be nearer the rear of the bus when it pulls in.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2013, 8:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxSUNSfan View Post

I don't think that is on-street parking...I think that is a bus pull-in. Looks like there is a concrete slab off of the sidewalk in the picture above that will be the foundation for a bus stop shelter. I could be wrong though because that slab would be nearer the rear of the bus when it pulls in.
You could be right, although it would be a new stop since the Roosevelt/Grant route 10 doesn't currently travel west of Central. (It goes south along 1st Ave and then back up north along Central). It looks like it could accomodate about 6 cars parallel parked so it's a loooong pullout. The truck and trailer parked there in the pics is approximately as long as a bus.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2013, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTempe View Post
You could be right, although it would be a new stop since the Roosevelt/Grant route 10 doesn't currently travel west of Central. (It goes south along 1st Ave and then back up north along Central). It looks like it could accomodate about 6 cars parallel parked so it's a loooong pullout. The truck and trailer parked there in the pics is approximately as long as a bus.
It is hard to tell how long it is from that angle, but I ran by it this morning and I'm going with your first guess and think it is more on-street parking.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2013, 4:21 PM
BANNED

Wasn't there news about 2 years ago of either an LGO, VIG or some other restaurant planning to build there and then pulled out?

Old Posted Apr 26, 2013, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtnphx View Post
Wasn't there news about 2 years ago of either an LGO, VIG or some other restaurant planning to build there and then pulled out?
A restaurant is still part of the project, just not sure which one. It's not the Vig since they are going into the same area as Cibo, but on 4nd Ave: https://www.facebook.com/TheFillmoreVig.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2013, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjs5056 View Post
What is your problem? The Anchor Centre construction signs that I passed every day on my way to work promoted retail, so I was wondering whether Ruth's was the only retail spot or if there were more. Someone mentioned that it's actually closed, so my "point" was to simply apologize for being mistaken and explain why I was confused: because the sign is still up. Next time, I'll be sure to look inside all businesses throughout the week at different hours to verify their status before ever making such a terrible mistake again!

I wasn't implying that it was open or reopening, but that's really irrelevant anyway. My original post was to provide an update that the Centre has completed construction and I was simply wondering if anyone knew anything more about the retail mix it would be offering.
Sorry - but when you posted the following in response to someone stating that the Biltmore location was closed;
Quote:
Sorry, the sign is still up at the Biltmore location.
, I assumed you had glossed past the conversation regarding this subject.

I also pointed out that it can be clearly seen void of tables and interior decoration when simply driving east-bound on Camelback - I did not " look inside all businesses throughout the week at different hours to verify their status"

If you were simply explaining yourself, then I apologize as I took it to be you correcting the other poster that it was indeed open as you had just seen the sign still at the location.

Either way, no hard feelings meant by it!

Old Posted Apr 26, 2013, 10:40 PM
E pluribus unum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arquitect View Post
Although I agree that it is not the best option for the D-Backs to share the field, you'd be surprised at the awesome work that can be done to keep the field in good shape.
I certainly hope it's improved somewhat in the last 20 years...I remember when Riverfront Stadium/Cinergy Field in Cincinnati was still mixed use (Bengals/Reds) and the field looked terrible come the end of September.

Then again, that turf was artificial, so that might've played a role.

And of course, leave it to Dr. Crow to make that announcement without first clearing it with the Diamondbacks...

Old Posted Apr 26, 2013, 10:44 PM
them bones

I'd put my money on that piece of concrete being some form of utility vault (likely electrical) with an easement that runs back to the street rather than a bus shelter. Note the manhole cover in the middle of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxSUNSfan View Post

Old Posted Apr 26, 2013, 11:46 PM
Skyriser

Plinko, we were talking about the slab that's surrounded by dirt, not the one surrounded by the street. What else is that besides a shelter?

Old Posted Apr 27, 2013, 2:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
Plinko, we were talking about the slab that's surrounded by dirt, not the one surrounded by the street. What else is that besides a shelter?
There are manhole covers in two areas. The one in the lower left corner of the picture is new and the one in what looks like a slab for a shelter has been there for a while. That slab is is actually a section of the old sidewalk.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2013, 4:50 PM
BANNED

Why was Vicelord banned?

I know he's crude/offensive at times, but he provided good inside info on the restaurant/hospitality industry, with the occasional photo updates around Phx.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2013, 5:38 PM
METRO: Encanto

He needs to be unbanned.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2013, 12:29 AM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
the bans around here aren't permanent usually. He probably said something inflamatory in another section of the forum where people aren't as used to just giving him the we do here.

It seems like he gets banned every 6 months or so.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2013, 5:15 PM

Hope he is back soon!!!!!

Old Posted Apr 28, 2013, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Native 001 View Post
I certainly hope it's improved somewhat in the last 20 years...I remember when Riverfront Stadium/Cinergy Field in Cincinnati was still mixed use (Bengals/Reds) and the field looked terrible come the end of September.

Then again, that turf was artificial, so that might've played a role.

And of course, leave it to Dr. Crow to make that announcement without first clearing it with the Diamondbacks...
Well as some have noted during Cal's 2012 renovation of California Memorial Stadium they played at Candlestick (49ers) for a game or two and played the rest of their home games at AT&T Park (Giants). Perhaps ASU can do the same with UofP Stadium and Chase Field.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2013, 9:48 PM
BANNED

Ben Bethel, owner of The Clarendon Hotel posted these tasty nuggets on his Facebook page. Hopefully it's good info since he is pretty well connected.

"Heard it on the street - Barney's in Scottsdale closing... Buffalo Exchange looking at Circle's Records building in RoRo... new retail going into SWC 7th Ave and Osborn... we all know about the great Changing Hands project by the Camelback Sahara hotel... Lowe's still working on NWC 7th Ave and Camelback... work on boutique hotel project and 10 and 12 story condo projects near Roosevelt Metro station could break ground as soon as June... and there's even more retail development going in near the old Beefeaters in Uptown Phoenix I promised not to talk about yet. Now if I could just get Chompie's to open downtown I'd be a happy camper..."

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest