HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Today, 1:46 AM
Go Chiefs!

28C with a humidex of 35 and mainly sunny except for a 2 hour period this afternoon when it was more overcast. That probably ate one or 2 degree of the potential high.

Low of 19C this morning.

The warmspot was Windsor, ON at 33.4C.

Warmest low was Point Pelee, ON at 22.0C.

Old Posted Today, 2:55 AM
Midtowner since 2K

We hit a high of 31C with a humidex of 40 at Pearson, and since I was in Mississauga today, thats probably the same temperature we hit. I went for a walk to find a geocache around noon and boy did I sweat as I bushwhacked through the wooded part of a park near the Hershey Centre. I was afforded some pretty scenery, like a field of golden rod and virginia creeper, and some pretty vistas like this one:
August 27th by Josh Kennington Photographics, on Flickr

This is what I ended up replacing the cache I was looking for with (it was missing).
August 27th by Josh Kennington Photographics, on Flickr

Old Posted Today, 4:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giallo View Post
Dude. I was shooting at an event up at Big White on Saturday, and the temperature plummeted. It was 31C in Kelowna on Friday, and then on Saturday, it was 5C and pouring rain up at Big White (around 45 minutes from Kelowna). It was the most difficult photoshoot I've ever done. I almost quit about six hours in. I was exposed to the rain with no shelter, and drenched with no water-resistant shoes or pants. I couldn't stop shivering. I made it through the shoot thanks to being able to put on some dry clothes after seven hours in the rain.

Here are some pictures from that mess of a day.
Some nice miserable picks!

There literally have been 2 bad days this August in the Okanagan, and they have both been epic bad days, last Satruday and Today.

If I was an organizer with that event I would have been so pissed off. August 1st to 23rd, good to great, August 24th... perhaps the worst August day in years, August 25th, was sunny and pleasantly mild again.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada