Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 3:39 AM
Bah!

Why is Leno still on TV?

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 8:17 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyi View Post
Why is Leno still on TV?
Because he's a ruthlessly ambitious incubus, that's why. There's going to have to pry the Tonight Show from his cold, dead hands.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 8:55 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 12:34 PM
Uncle Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centropolis View Post
comfort inn.
I've always had good experiences with Comfort Inns. Don't even get me started on Red Roof Inn though. Those motels suck donkey dick.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 1:17 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

I was going to say, Comfort Inns are usually on par with Super 8, no?

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 2:29 PM
Always A Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Native 001 View Post
I always feel like an uncultured swine whenever I read his posts...

Excuse the fuck out of me for eating at places that dare advertise on TV.
I would never criticize you for eating at any restaurant - TV advertized or not. Frankly, people in my social circles don't give a damn where the Hoi Polloi dine. And honestly, there is a natural supply limit on all superior food products and restaurants, so I am glad when more of you people gobble down the genetically-modified commodity quality crap so that the locally-sourced artisan quality products remain - at stores and restaurants that are not within a middle-class price range. Moreover, my restuarant dinning experiences have been much more enjoyable without seeing so called "middle-class" people who don't have the upbringing or knowledge to appriciate a truly fine dinning experience. Most Americans probably could not taste the difference between Prime Beef and true Japanese Kobe (not the American Wagu imposter).

So by all means take yourself and your friends, who could appear as locals on the next episode of Honey Boo Boo, to stuff your faces with Applebee's "best" deep-fried, sugar-coated offerings! I shall enjoy the absence of your presence the next time I dine at Alinea, Le Cirque... you know, places where the middle-class are free to come - to wait tables or scrub toilets.

[I do a faux asshole quite nicely. Frankly, it's shocking. I should go work for Mitt Romney]

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 3:17 PM
Old Fart Forumer

^ Well doggonit, now ya went and got me hungry. Guess I'll get the old bag lunch out and eat my ham & cheese sandwich with the horseradish spread. Hmmmmm good.

And I'm not kiddin' either.

Retired, now Grandpa Daycare

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 5:16 PM
E pluribus unum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Brown View Post
I would never criticize you for eating at any restaurant - TV advertized or not. Frankly, people in my social circles don't give a damn where the Hoi Polloi dine. And honestly, there is a natural supply limit on all superior food products and restaurants, so I am glad when more of you people gobble down the genetically-modified commodity quality crap so that the locally-sourced artisan quality products remain - at stores and restaurants that are not within a middle-class price range. Moreover, my restuarant dinning experiences have been much more enjoyable without seeing so called "middle-class" people who don't have the upbringing or knowledge to appriciate a truly fine dinning experience. Most Americans probably could not taste the difference between Prime Beef and true Japanese Kobe (not the American Wagu imposter).

So by all means take yourself and your friends, who could appear as locals on the next episode of Honey Boo Boo, to stuff your faces with Applebee's "best" deep-fried, sugar-coated offerings! I shall enjoy the absence of your presence the next time I dine at Alinea, Le Cirque... you know, places where the middle-class are free to come - to wait tables or scrub toilets.

[I do a faux asshole quite nicely. Frankly, it's shocking. I should go work for Mitt Romney]
Fascist

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 6:37 PM
Always A Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Ithacan View Post
^ Well doggonit, now ya went and got me hungry. Guess I'll get the old bag lunch out and eat my ham & cheese sandwich with the horseradish spread. Hmmmmm good.

And I'm not kiddin' either.
Pray tell, did you at least use a servicable clothbound cheddar cheese?

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 6:46 PM
Always A Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Native 001 View Post
Fascist
Pftf! Didn't you know there were black Nazis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
German propaganda depicted black soldiers as animal savages, leading to extreme prejudices against them by German soldiers. German commanders in higher ranks did not implement or order any special treatment for them, but spoiled by the concepts of the "race war", several massacres occurred against black POW's, especially in the 1940 campaign in France. This happened especially to the darker people of Equatorial Africa, while people from North-Africa with a ligher skin tone were more likely to be spared or treated as normal POWs.[3]

On the other hand, a number of blacks served in the Wehrmacht. The number of German blacks was low, but there were some instances of them being enlisted within Nazi organisations like the Hitlerjugend and later the Wehrmacht.[4] In addition, there was an influx of volunteers during the African or Caucasian campaign, which led to the existence of a number of blacks in the Wehrmacht and SS in such units as the Free Arabian Legion.
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_p...n_Nazi_Germany

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Massaquoi

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 9:07 PM
E pluribus unum

Black Nazis? That would've made one hell of a psychological study...

Then again my German relatives (the ones who live in Lower Saxony, aka "Germany's West Virginia") said at the time, it was either join the Nazis, or be killed...Nowadays they drink nonstop and drunk dial their American relatives at all hours of the night (thank god they forgot/don't care that my family moved from Ohio to Arizona).

God, even my international relatives are boorish rubes.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2012, 9:54 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayreonaut View Post
I was going to say, Comfort Inns are usually on par with Super 8, no?
super 8s are wildly inconsistent in the central US, comfort inn is usually better.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2012, 1:56 PM
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMich View Post
Because he's a ruthlessly ambitious incubus, that's why. There's going to have to pry the Tonight Show from his cold, dead hands.
Yep, just ask Conan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Brown View Post

Do I need to seek permission to stop by and order a Fajita Matehuala loaded with prime cuts of free range chicken flesh for lunch? I promise it's from a locally owned place that doesn't advertise and it's staffed with the Quad Cities finest, newly arrived, undocumented workers so the food MUST be authentic, right? And if it's not drizzled with the best Orizaba Goat Cheese I'll scoff at them....Oh yes, I'll scoff at them.

....Whew, keeping up appearances is tough.

Last edited by rockyi; Sep 22, 2012 at 2:09 PM.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2012, 3:13 AM
I am a typical

Old Posted Sep 23, 2012, 8:21 PM
I like this much better

I don't think I'm ever going to meet anyone. I don't just mean a girlfriend, I mean having friends who are similar to me, who will stand up with me, get my back, be dependable. People I can bullshit about anything with at any time. Pretty sure that yup that ain't gonna fuckin happen.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2012, 8:25 PM
Bah!

Who are all those people with you in the photos you post? Just looking at those it appears you have way more friends than me.
I used to have a big group of friends but they mostly moved away. The few that stayed around here are starting to die off.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2012, 9:20 PM
I like this much better

People in what pictures? From cruisers? Those are random folks I don't know. And what friends? The people who are there for me when I'm down or in need of help? Because there isn't anyone like that in anything I've ever posted. I mean this is a fucking stupid thing to say at my age, but I don't feel as though I belong (nor am I particularly welcomed) in any segment of society that I've seen. I don't know what to do but I know that I hate this. It really sucks when you're made to feel that truly no one wants you around or in their company. I never figured I was that bad of a human being ya know.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2012, 9:40 PM
Bah!

Well, in photos you post you are often with groups of people and it mostly looks like you are partying and having a good time. Sorry if I misinterpreted that.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2012, 9:45 PM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Meat View Post
I mean this is a fucking stupid thing to say at my age, but I don't feel as though I belong (nor am I particularly welcomed) in any segment of society that I've seen. I don't know what to do but I know that I hate this. It really sucks when you're made to feel that truly no one wants you around or in their company. I never figured I was that bad of a human being ya know.
I know your feels bro. 1ajs is all "look toward the future" but it's hard to do when 90% of the time, you can't see one.

But I'm feeling this way for completely different reasons so I can't really give any helpful advice. "Just stay optimistic" is really shitty advice but it's about the best anyone seems to be able to do.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2012, 10:29 PM
I like this much better

It'd be nice to hear a compliment for once. Or like "hey, you're a smart and interesting individual!" instead of people just treating me like shit all the time. It really wears down on you. Especially when you don't have a family to lean on, you don't have friends to lean on, and as a single dude you gotta be about perfect to impress and attract a girl anyway. It's fucking exhausting. I'm fucking sick of it. To not feel like a part of anything.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest