HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 11, 2024, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
750 is plenty impressive for the time being. I think it’s taller, to occupied floor, than Charlotte’s Bank of America Corporate Center and not that much shorter, by the same metric, that Atlanta’s Bank of America Plaza.
Agreed. A skyline with several towers in the 600-750' range is still pretty impressive.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted May 11, 2024, 4:48 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
I think 750' is the FAA imposed height limit.

Didn't realize, I wonder if a special case can be made.

Wasn't there a supertall proposed at one point? (Signature Tower IIRC).

Old Posted May 11, 2024, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Didn't realize, I wonder if a special case can be made.

Wasn't there a supertall proposed at one point? (Signature Tower IIRC).
I think the Signature Tower proposal is how the height limit came into existence. Nashvilleron should be able to confirm/clarify.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 1:35 PM

Quote:
The Diagrams section has Amazon u/c and due for completion 2025.

Is that not correct ?
No, Amazon 3 is not under construction, and it is at 604'. Giarratana Development has a residential tower under construction that is 750' and that is at the max of what the FAA allows for Nashville without not being able to get insured.

The Signature was proposed at 1000' and was two weeks from starting until the recession of 2008 hit. That was also being done by Tony Giarratana. I spoke to Tony about this, and he refunded a lot of money to investors. I also spoke to the project manager who was a week from moving here from Atlanta. Not real sure how they were going to get around the FAA at the time.

I do know now that it will take an act of Congress to get the FAA to change the rules here now. Lots of red tape involved. I have seen the diagrams of where the planes take off and it is just the configuration of the runways even though the airport is about the same distance as Charlotte or Austin from the core. There is a new runway in the works for flights to Asia, but I am not sure it will make a difference.

Last edited by nashvilleron; May 12, 2024 at 3:05 PM.

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 1:51 PM

Again I say 750 feet is plenty impressive. For DECADES the 452 foot William R. Snodgrass Tennessee Tower dominated the skyline, owing to its elevation, even after taller buildings were constructed.

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 3:42 PM

This is a rundown of the major projects that are still proposed. Most of these have just been delayed due to the economy as the developers have already bought the land and have gotten approval for the projects.

These are still listed as proposals:
Amazon 3 1001 Church 604'
800 Lea 610' Giarratana Development not going to start anytime soon according to Tony since the Ritz bit the dust.
805 Demonbreun, The St. Regis 611'
133 KVB Tishman Speyer tower One 574'
133 KVB Tishman Speyer Tower Two 512'
11 North tower one 525'
11 North tower two 313'
11 North tower 3 311'
Autograph Hotel 8th & Demonbreun 448'
Nashville Yards Parcel 9b1 484' Approx.
Nashville Yards Parcel 9b2 484' Approx.
NASH YARDS RESIDENTIAL TOWER APRROX. 450' PARCEL P2
NASH YARDS APPROX 330' PARCEL P8
Nash Yards STREETLIGHTS RESIDENTIAL 30 stories approx. 400'
Highwoods Gulch Central - Residential Tower 476'
Highwoods Gulch Central- Office tower 444'
10th & Lea Lincoln Development dual towers 409' & 354'
2ND & PEABODY Three tower development 433', 375', & 234'
Paseo 3 two towers project 379' & 350'
Paseo 2 366'
1401 Church 3 towers project 522', plus a 23 and a 30 story towers.
Reed district 8 towers from 40 stories down
Beaman district MIDCITY 7 towers up to 35 stories
RMR east Bank 9 to 10 tower up to 30 stories maybe more.
Stadium village 5 or so towers up to 40 stories
Oracle campus yet to start construction.

In Doubt, Centrum project on 2nd Ave south 3 towers of 447'-325', & 322'

There are a number of other single projects up to 30 stories that are dotted around town that are not listed.

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 7:51 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvilleron View Post
There is a new runway in the works for flights to Asia, but I am not sure it will make a difference.
That runway, as of last November, is in its very early stages of planning. It's planned to be 12,000' in length. The same length as (and parallel to) the proposed expansion of 2L-20R.

The airport is already catching massive heat from neighborhoods which might have their properties taken for the project. Also, there is State statutes which might make eminent domain quite difficult in obtaining said property. So, state law might need to change and Nashville's Planning Commission will not even take up the subject until sometime in 2025 (at the earliest).

Old Posted May 13, 2024, 1:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
That runway, as of last November, is in its very early stages of planning. It's planned to be 12,000' in length. The same length as (and parallel to) the proposed expansion of 2L-20R.

The airport is already catching massive heat from neighborhoods which might have their properties taken for the project. Also, there is State statutes which might make eminent domain quite difficult in obtaining said property. So, state law might need to change and Nashville's Planning Commission will not even take up the subject until sometime in 2025 (at the earliest).
The folks in the neighborhoods that are complaining the most need to check who owns their homes. The airport authority already owns 99% of the homes needed to build the runway. I have looked at parcel viewer and I know who owns what. The Feds are the ones standing in the way right now and not the state. Those are the ones that have to give the approval and the last time it was up for a vote and some num num out of Memphis was in the way. It is coming up for another vote.

This is also why the Genesco Building is being torn down and Monell's has closed, and that building is slated for demo.

Old Posted May 13, 2024, 1:06 PM

Old Posted May 13, 2024, 3:27 PM

Quote:
The Diagrams section has Amazon u/c and due for completion 2025.

Is that not correct ?
Right. Amazon 3 is delayed and there is no announced start date for construction. So 2025 wouldn't be possible if it broke ground today. It is a spec building and may be included in the reported office buildings that are about to start. But nothing official from the developer.

Old Posted May 14, 2024, 5:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvilleron View Post
The folks in the neighborhoods that are complaining the most need to check who owns their homes. The airport authority already owns 99% of the homes needed to build the runway. I have looked at parcel viewer and I know who owns what. The Feds are the ones standing in the way right now and not the state. Those are the ones that have to give the approval and the last time it was up for a vote and some num num out of Memphis was in the way. It is coming up for another vote.

This is also why the Genesco Building is being torn down and Monell's has closed, and that building is slated for demo.
I grew up in a flight path in the 1980s, back when the jets screamed like a dentist's drill. The shadows of the jets came racing over our baseball field mid-game. Now I work 5,000 feet south of a 10,000 foot runway and the modern jet engines are almost silent during landings and only occasionally really get obnoxious during take-offs. That high-pitched dentist's drill pitch is gone. It's crazy watching a Boeing 747 glide to a landing and hardly anyone noticing.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations