HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 5:08 PM

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 8:34 PM
Heavy User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat23 View Post
Onni plans 13-story Arts District development[/SIZE]
That's exactly the right density for the arts district. Hope the architecture helps to give the AD a unique character.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 6:01 AM

delete

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 5:36 PM

Gensler Designs Funky New Highrise for Downtown Los Angeles
Quote:
The site of a Toyota dealership in Downtown Los Angeles has been targeted for significant intensification, with L&R Group of Companies filing plans for a 52-storey highrise on the property. Located at 1600 South Figueroa Street in South Park, the preliminary proposal calls for 202 condominiums, 134 apartments, and a 250-room hotel. Additionally, 23 of the condominiums and nine of the apartments would be set aside for low-income residents.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 8:26 PM

Mack Urban 12th & Grand by Hunter, on Flickr

Mack Urban 12th & Olive by Hunter, on Flickr

Ten50 by Hunter, on Flickr

Wren on Pico by Hunter, on Flickr

Wren on Pico by Hunter, on Flickr

Olive DTLA by Hunter, on Flickr

Hotel Proper by Hunter, on Flickr

Herald Examiner by Hunter, on Flickr

Broadway Palace by Hunter, on Flickr

Olympic & Olive by Hunter, on Flickr

1212 Flower by Hunter, on Flickr

Oceanwide Plaza by Hunter, on Flickr

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 11:29 PM

Good update Sir.

Mark Urban is going up and 1212 Flower is getting ready.
What an awesome time for L.A..

Real DTLA Development Group

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 1:08 AM

New Metro Pedestrian Tunnel Opens in Downtown LA’s Busiest Subway Station

http://brighamyen.com/2017/02/07/new...ubway-station/

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 3:14 PM

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 6:20 PM

This thing at Olympic and Olive is truly an eyesore. From an aesthetic point of view it causes ones eye to jut about scanning discordant shapes, patterns, and overall weird coloring. Too bad it is on such a prominent thoroughfare. So who or what was responsible for the design of this monster? I guess it's just another thing to ignore when I go to DTLA--point me to Dunkin Donuts

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 6:40 PM

Incidentally, has anyone heard anything more about Apple signing a lease for space on Broadway and 8th as reported (rumored?) more than six months ago? If not, perhaps Hunter was right in that it may have been just a fake-out to gin up interest in the retail prospects for the area. If that is the case or better yet, either way Hunter, I offer my sincere apology to you in that I was very rude and harsh toward your opinion. You have shown your sincerity and devotion to this forum by still making visual contributions. Thank you.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcal View Post
Incidentally, has anyone heard anything more about Apple signing a lease for space on Broadway and 8th as reported (rumored?) more than six months ago? If not, perhaps Hunter was right in that it may have been just a fake-out to gin up interest in the retail prospects for the area. If that is the case or better yet, either way Hunter, I offer my sincere apology to you in that I was very rude and harsh toward your opinion. You have shown your sincerity and devotion to this forum by still making visual contributions. Thank you.
Forget Apple, how about a Burlington, or a Party City?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 7:02 PM

Quote:

This thing at Olympic and Olive is truly an eyesore. From an aesthetic point of view it causes ones eye to jut about scanning discordant shapes, patterns, and overall weird coloring. Too bad it is on such a prominent thoroughfare. So who or what was responsible for the design of this monster? I guess it's just another thing to ignore when I go to DTLA--point me to Dunkin Donuts
I agree completely.

Developer: https://www.lennar.com

Architect: http://ktgy.com/work/type/mixed-use/

Quote:
Thank you, I appreciate it. Since I'm directly involved with most the big developers, builders, architects, and realtors in DTLA, I've decided to refrain from posting new info to SSP. The Apple plan did work, though not as good as expected. There are a handful of pretty cool retailers on their way to Broadway south of 8th.

Updated list of proposed towers:
2012-2018 Downtown LA Cycle (Proposed Towers) by Hunter, on Flickr

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun View Post
Forget Apple, how about a Burlington, or a Party City?

There is a Burlington on 7th and Broadway already.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 8:00 PM

Quote:

I disagree. First of all, I don't care for Dunkin Donoughts at all. And of this is considered an eye sore, I'll take it...it's not the best looking building, but it's definitely not ugly.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeOrange View Post
There is a Burlington on 7th and Broadway already.
I know it was a joke. Its an old render anyways thank God were not getting this.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun View Post
I know it was a joke. Its an old render anyways thank God were not getting this.
There is a case to be made for the run of the mill retail places like Party City downtown, so I couldn't tell if you were serious or not. But completely agree about those pitiful renderings of what BTC might have become. Awful.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 11:57 PM

So the city voted today to update community plans every 6 years, as well as limit developers to a list of city-approved consultants to conduct their EIR's. Two things that are similar to what Measure S is trying to accomplish, but done without having to introduce a devastating bill to the ballot.

How do you think this will affect Measure S? There is also this:

Quote:
Instead of applying at will for exemptions to the city’s general plan, developers will have to apply during two, one-month long windows each year. By looking at all the requests together, “they may be considered more comprehensively.”
Link: http://la.curbed.com/2017/2/8/145486...ated-six-years

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 12:12 AM

Quote:

Don't be so picky...if Measure S passes, you're going to wish we had a dozen more of these because nothing is going to get built for a long time. Sure beats looking at the surface parking lot that was there before.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 2:20 AM

Quote:
It's a "background building". It does its job which is to fill in the blank and frame the street wall with an articulated facade.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 2:20 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

^ Actually, Olympic and Olive would be one of the projects that could be built if Measure S passes. Measure S would only affect projects that need a zoning variance or review. If something is built within existing zone codes for a site, it would not be subject to the moratorium.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations