HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 9, 2024, 8:42 PM

Great George Street & Euston St

I noticed the apartment and parking area on Great George St which is across from Service Canada is for sale (red square). The place beside it, and the old service station lot (yellow square) would be a great opportunity to build an 8-10 storey business/apartments/condos in both areas here with underground parking. An outside developer would do well with this property.
Now in saying that, years ago, a Truro developer was going, or at least proposed, to put a six storey here, but was shutdown by residents and they backed out.
With the current situation leaning towards housing, increasing people living downtown, here is opportunity knocking!!
Any takers!

Here is an example of what I would think would be a good fit.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2024, 11:39 AM

Lower Malpeque Rd Development

Not sure what is going in here. I'm still told it's a Mercedes Benz dealership. We'll see! The steel is going up so things are moving here.

Last edited by Siriusb; Jul 10, 2024 at 2:31 PM.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2024, 11:46 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Interesting. The Mercedes dealership in Saint John has closed, and, the only dealership in NB is now in Moncton. Our location is pretty small, but, felt sufficient for the provincial population of 860,000.

I would be surprised, but, stranger things have happened........

Keep us updated.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2024, 2:02 PM

Empire Development - Apartment #2

The elevator shift is being added, then the steel will go
up for this second apartment building.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2024, 2:15 PM

APM - Old Federal Fisheries Office

The reno of the old Federal offices beside Boston Pizza is moving along. New windows, interior reno, new pavement which has the lot being opened with access to the mall parking lot.
The original rendering showed a new addition where the old Little Caesar was. Looks like this has been scrapped as it was paved over.
No tenant's mentioned as yet for this Plaza.

Last edited by Siriusb; Jul 10, 2024 at 2:27 PM.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2024, 2:24 PM

UPEI Faculty of Medicine

The parking lot is going in and will have its lights installed. Lots of work on the exterior and work going on inside.
Once this is completed I hope the workers are put on building apartment buildings.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2024, 6:35 PM

Maritime Electric Demolition

The demolition of the Maritime Electric plant and stacks is progressing well. The taller stack is no longer the tallest as it is being chipped away slowly by a crew. The elevator staging will allow the crew to get the stack broke down to the level where they can use a larger piece of machinery.
The main building is also being torn down one piece at a time.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2024, 9:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusb View Post
Lower Malpeque Rd Development

Not sure what is going in here. I'm still told it's a Mercedes Benz dealership. We'll see! The steel is going up so things are moving here.

Update,

Old Posted Jul 18, 2024, 7:59 PM

Quote:
APM - Old Federal Fisheries Office

The reno of the old Federal offices beside Boston Pizza is moving along. New windows, interior reno, new pavement which has the lot being opened with access to the mall parking lot.
The original rendering showed a new addition where the old Little Caesar was. Looks like this has been scrapped as it was paved over.
No tenant's mentioned as yet for this Plaza.

All these years getting my info from here and now I can finally contribute something. The building is currently split into 5 units(middle unit is large enough it could be split in half, so it could become 6 units) Benjamin Moore is relocating to the first unit, a second Mezza is taking over Unit 2, Tommy Guns Hair Salon is taking Unit 4 and Bone&Biscuit is taking Unit 5. As far as I know there are no tenants for Unit 3 yet.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2024, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TradesGuy View Post
All these years getting my info from here and now I can finally contribute something. The building is currently split into 5 units(middle unit is large enough it could be split in half, so it could become 6 units) Benjamin Moore is relocating to the first unit, a second Mezza is taking or Unit 2, Tommy Guns Hair Salon is taking Unit 4 and Bone&Biscuit is taking Unit 5. As far as I know there are no tenants for Unit 3 yet.
For Pete's sake, Bone & Biscuit! I hope this isn't another pet store. They just opened a Global Pet Food store across the street! We need a couple of men's clothing stores in this city!! We have way too many women's stores!

Old Posted Jul 19, 2024, 1:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
For Pete's sake, Bone & Biscuit! I hope this isn't another pet store. They just opened a Global Pet Food store across the street! We need a couple of men's clothing stores in this city!! We have way too many women's stores!
It is a pet food store. We have one in Moncton.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:14 PM

Phase II - Martha's Court Update

The steel is going up for this phase II apartment.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGK View Post
Found this on Twitter, ground level commercial with 85 apartment units above. Planning board will review it next week, has to go to a public meeting.

All that is required is for council to vote on two things:

- Needs approval for exceptions to the official plan and zoning bylaw to pass the normally allowed six storeys in height for the downtown core zone.
- A second vote will decide whether to ignore the input from a design reviewer.

It's gone through the processes, and if the July 23rd vote is a go for the two issues above, then it is a go for the developer to build.

All this done in less than 2 months!! Now can we see other proposals fast tracked like this one!

Last edited by Siriusb; Yesterday at 9:08 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces