HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Oct 25, 2015, 9:59 PM

Dalian on the Park - 22nd and Pennsylvania Ave
Update from Building Philly

https://www.facebook.com/BuildingPhilly

Old Posted Oct 25, 2015, 10:00 PM

The Study Hotel at University City - 33rd and Chestnut
Update from Building Philly

https://www.facebook.com/BuildingPhilly

Old Posted Oct 25, 2015, 10:16 PM

The Dalian paneling not exactly looking much more attractive than 1900 arch.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2015, 12:27 PM
BANNED

The study is almost done. Looks like they are on the 8th floor already.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2015, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
The study is almost done. Looks like they are on the 8th floor already.
They are working on the 7th floor and it's not even close to done. The facade has not even began to go up yet.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2015, 10:54 PM

Three Apartment Buildings Coming at 16th & Girard

Quote:
Last week, the developers went to the ZBA with plans for three apartment buildings, designed by KCA Design Associates. From our reading of the somewhat confusing permits, the developers are planning three apartment buildings at this location, each rising four stories. We're not totally sure, but it appears that the plan calls for forty units in each building, twelve car parking spots, and twenty bike parking spots. The ZBA held the case, pending a community meeting tonight.

Assuming our math is correct, this would mean a total of 120 new apartments here, just a stone's throw from Ridge Avenue and a few blocks from Temple. Considering we were concerned that the developers would be building three story triplexes, we're quite relieved that they're going with something that has some height and density. At this location, we expect a mix of students and young professionals, with maybe half of the residents heading north for school and the other half heading south for work. And a project like this can only be good for Ridge Avenue, adding a couple hundred new residents that will ostensibly be looking for amenities nearby.
http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...at-16th-girard

Old Posted Oct 26, 2015, 10:59 PM

Demolition Around Transatlantic Building in preparation for more homes

http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...antic-building

Old Posted Oct 26, 2015, 11:06 PM

Refined design for new LOVE Park

Quote:
The project team behind the new LOVE Park / JFK Plaza spent summer putting a fine point on details for the new vision of the old plaza. The designers presented these refined details – a fully-developed version of a concept first released this spring – at a public meeting Monday evening, and the final design for the park will go before the Art Commission on November 4th.

When JFK Plaza / LOVE Park reopens in 2017 after a complete overhaul, Robert Indiana’s LOVE sculpture will be restored and reinstalled in nearly the same spot. Joining LOVE will be a new piece of public art that uses the saucer-shaped Welcome Center building’s ceiling as its canvas. The saucer itself will support a food and beverage operation and reclaim its identity as a light, luminous pavilion. The powerful geyser at the plaza’s heart will be reinterpreted as a slimmer two-part water feature on axis with the Parkway.

http://planphilly.com/articles/2015/...-new-love-park

Old Posted Oct 27, 2015, 12:17 AM
Φιλαδέλφεια

The renderings of Love Park look great (IMHO). As far as park maintenance is concerned, what does that look like? In other words, trash cleanup, flower replacement, etc? What are the plans for that?

Old Posted Oct 27, 2015, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly-Drew View Post
The renderings of Love Park look great (IMHO). As far as park maintenance is concerned, what does that look like? In other words, trash cleanup, flower replacement, etc? What are the plans for that?
Probably the same as Dilworth Park and Sister Cities Park which is essentially managed - security and clean-up - by the Center City District who have done a very, very good job.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2015, 1:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Probably the same as Dilworth Park and Sister Cities Park which is essentially managed - security and clean-up - by the Center City District who have done a very, very good job.
While the Center City District has done a great job keeping Sister Cities and Dilworth cleaned up and maintained, Love Park is a city job. Looks like Nutter and Clarke are counting on funding for maintenance from the sale of the parking garage below Love Park, as well as rental cash from whatever restaurant goes into the "spaceship".
Here's hoping for the best!

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...rk-renovation/

Old Posted Oct 27, 2015, 1:50 AM

Imo not a lot of garden space. Would be cool if they put in some things like the swings at 30th station.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2015, 12:12 PM
BANNED

Quote:
They are working on the 7th floor and it's not even close to done. The facade has not even began to go up yet.
Height wise its almost done. I thought it was obvious I wasn't talking about the entire building. I can see the pics believe it or not..........

Old Posted Oct 27, 2015, 12:15 PM
BANNED

Quote:
No. CCD isn't developing or maintaining LOVE park. Maintenance is probably going to stay the same as today- City responsibility. The other two parks you mentioned were initiated by CCD and I don't think the City even contributed anything to Sister Cities park. City is funding LOVE park completely.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2015, 12:19 PM
BANNED

I was definitely surprised about the extent of the construction at the Logan. I thought they were just going to redecorate and change some signs. The Four Seasons must've been more outdated than I ever imagined.

http://www.phillymag.com/property/20...logan-opening/

Old Posted Oct 27, 2015, 6:26 PM

I recall reading reviews - maybe on TripAdvisor - that the old Four Seasons was outdated and not to the standard of a typical FS hotel. This is based on several reviews I read, I never stepped foot inside. It could be one of the reasons that they decided to move.

The exterior itself is very nice but I wish it more than just 7 floors. When you walk by however, it does give the impression that it's a high rise (similar to the Stock Exchange Building on Market).

Old Posted Oct 27, 2015, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
I recall reading reviews - maybe on TripAdvisor - that the old Four Seasons was outdated and not to the standard of a typical FS hotel. This is based on several reviews I read, I never stepped foot inside. It could be one of the reasons that they decided to move.
That might explain why they closed years before the replacement will be ready at the top of CITC. That made no sense to me in light of the Papal Visit and DNC.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2015, 7:42 PM

Quote:
The exterior itself is very nice but I wish it more than just 7 floors.
The height was restricted to what it is due almost entirely to its location on the Parkway. No way it ever could have been any taller. That's why the One Logan Sq office tower has the oblique eastern facade forming a trapezoidal (vs. rectangular) footprint. While it happens to be a very nice design feature, it was actually motivated by the height limit: a corner of a 390 foot building would not have been permitted any closer to the Parkway than that angled facade.

So far as I know, the exact same rules still apply to any other building on the Parkway from Logan Sq to the Art Museum that might conceivably be planned in the future. So we may as well all get used to short buildings next to the Parkway for as long as we live. No tall buildings will ever be built on Logan Square.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2015, 9:20 PM

Money for improvements to/extension of the Schuylkill River trail, etc.:http://planphilly.com/articles/2015/...treet-projects

Old Posted Oct 27, 2015, 11:08 PM
Future World Dictator

Quote:
FWIW I definitely remember reading this as well.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development