HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Apr 29, 2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_yyc_ca View Post
I was taking a walk along Crescent Road yesterday evening and overheard a group of hippy vegetarian looking types pointing at the house and talking about how wasteful it was to tear down two houses to make one larger one. One guy described it as 'disgusting' I wondered if that guy was xtingon or toyboy
Probably Fatcat, remember that guy? The guy who said all houses on Cresant Road should be bulldozed and replaced with condo towers.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 1:50 AM

Nicely done Daemon especially that first one. I really hope to see another pano from this angle but with lots of green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post

pano

pano

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 1:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Grizzly View Post
Probably Fatcat, remember that guy? The guy who said all houses on Cresant Road should be bulldozed and replaced with condo towers.
Unfortunately there is no shortage of people like that around the city, thankfully they are a very small minority.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 1:54 AM

If it's anything like the other mansion it'll be great to watch its construction. I'm usually indifferent to large houses being built, but that one you've been photographing is going to be a beaut. This one might be spectacular.

Quote:
Work is begun on new bigger mansion

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 5:10 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoodlife View Post
If it's anything like the other mansion it'll be great to watch its construction. I'm usually indifferent to large houses being built, but that one you've been photographing is going to be a beaut. This one might be spectacular.
A major difference is that this is not a corner lot, so things like a side entry for the garage will not be possible. Still, there is a lot of hope for a lot of this size!

Last edited by suburbia; Apr 30, 2019 at 2:06 PM.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 1:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoodlife View Post
Unfortunately there is no shortage of people like that around the city, thankfully they are a very small minority.
Yeah, jealous people everywhere. In the end that’s what it comes down to.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 2:34 PM

List of Tallest Buildings in Calgary

Who updates the blurb in the list of tallest buildings Calgary? It says that once this construction cycle ends Calgary will end up with both a new 2nd and 4th tallest buildings. Should say new tallest and 3rd tallest buildings in Calgary. Thanks.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 3:08 PM

No ore crane at east villae

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 3:10 PM

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 3:10 PM

pano taken before snostorm

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 3:41 PM

Nice pic. This is the perfect zoom for taking pics of Telus sky.
Quote:

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 3:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbp View Post
Who updates the blurb in the list of tallest buildings Calgary? It says that once this construction cycle ends Calgary will end up with both a new 2nd and 4th tallest buildings. Should say new tallest and 3rd tallest buildings in Calgary. Thanks.
Can you be more specific about what list you're talking about?

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 5:53 PM
Reach for the heavens

Quote:
Umm, which blurb are referring to?

Old Posted May 2, 2019, 4:27 AM

I think he’s talking about Wikipedia. If I recall there is some sort of message board where you can post mistakes, etc.

Old Posted May 2, 2019, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Can you be more specific about what list you're talking about?
If you google "List of tallest buildings Calgary" a partial list will appear listing Calgary buildings from tallest to shortest. There's always a blurb about that cities' skyscrapers which is where I found the discrepancy. Thought everyone knew about this. Have a look.

Old Posted May 2, 2019, 3:49 PM

Quote:
If you google "List of tallest buildings Calgary" a partial list will appear listing Calgary buildings from tallest to shortest. There's always a blurb about that cities' skyscrapers which is where I found the discrepancy. Thought everyone knew about this. Have a look.
Not everyone knows about that because it's different for everyone depending on the browser they're using and the version of browser, phone vs desktop etc... For the majority of people, Googling "List of tallest buildings Calgary" will bring up Wikipedia first. Some will see a partial list and some won't. Also by "Googling" do you mean doing a search or actually using Google? Either way, Wikipedia has the correct order. Maybe try providing a link so people know what you are talking about.

Old Posted May 2, 2019, 7:18 PM
Reach for the heavens

Quote:
I googled it and no partial list or blurb, only a link to Wikipedia followed by links to some other sites. You should probably e-mail Wikipedia, as the list is on their site and not SSP.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 6:42 PM

Quote:
I googled “ List of tall buildings Calgary” but didn’t get a blurb. Whatever the case may be, I’m pretty sure nobody at the site looks after that list or blurb.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 8:14 PM
Reach for the heavens

Nicely done Daemon. Do this same pano from the same spot in about a week, and everything will look green.

Quote:
pano taken before snostorm

Old Posted May 4, 2019, 10:50 PM
Urbanite by Choice

By looking at the still cams @ the new cancer centre site - it's very obvious that the construction personnel are working their tail feathers off to get this thing built. Amazing progress in such a short time. Hats off to these construction workers!!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates