HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Apr 25, 2019, 10:51 PM

Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbia View Post
You should write a book!

Beautiful photo Daemon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_yyc_ca View Post
Amazing pics Daemon.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2019, 5:11 PM
BANNED

I went by the Stadium Shopping Centre area yesterday and found that the 29th street / 16th avenue intersection as well as the roundabout at Uxbridge Drive and Ulster Road are complete (though 29th is squeezed south of 16th because of the Cancer Centre construction).

So in my mind, the above begs the question - where are things with the Stadium Shopping Centre re-development?

Last edited by suburbia; Apr 26, 2019 at 5:45 PM.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2019, 7:54 PM

Quote:
I went by the Stadium Shopping Centre area yesterday and found that the 29th street / 16th avenue intersection as well as the roundabout at Uxbridge Drive and Ulster Road are complete (though 29th is squeezed south of 16th because of the Cancer Centre construction).

So in my mind, the above begs the question - where are things with the Stadium Shopping Centre re-development?
Probably on hold or were they waiting for this minor road work to be done. It feels like it was nearly five years ago when that redevelopment was first brought up here. Now that the Cancer Center is actually being built will that have any impact on it?

Old Posted Apr 26, 2019, 8:50 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post
Probably on hold or were they waiting for this minor road work to be done. It feels like it was nearly five years ago when that redevelopment was first brought up here. Now that the Cancer Center is actually being built will that have any impact on it?
If anything, the demand for the Stadium Shopping Centre redevelopment will go up. There will be more staff, more patients and more visitors. Further, being around the university is never a bad thing - high demand for the appartments. Demand for a "good" hotel in that area is quite high, particularly for all of the grand rounds speakers at hospital and medical school, as well as visiting speakers for various meetings and conferences.

I looked things up on calgary.ca and got the following:

RP2017-0388 is Pending Release. Permit created on 2017-11-23. Job is New: Medical Clinic, Outdoor Cafe, Restaurant: Licensed - Small, Dwelling Unit (259 units), Child Care Service, Supermarket, Restaurant: Licensed - Medium, Office, Hotel, Restaurant: Licensed - Large, Retail and Consumer Service (6 Buildings)

DP2016-0305 is Pending Release. Permit issued on 2016-07-06. Job is New: Medical Clinic, Outdoor Cafe, Restaurant: Licensed - Small, Dwelling Unit (259 units), Child Care Service, Supermarket, Restaurant: Licensed - Medium, Office, Hotel, Restaurant: Licensed - Large, Retail and Consumer Service (6 Buildings)

DP2017-5404 is Under Review. Permit created on 2017-11-23. Job is Changes to Site Plan: Multi-Use Commercial (Revisions to DP2016-0305) Parking Lot - Structure

Old Posted Apr 26, 2019, 10:42 PM

I was taking a walk along Crescent Road yesterday evening and overheard a group of hippy vegetarian looking types pointing at the house and talking about how wasteful it was to tear down two houses to make one larger one. One guy described it as 'disgusting' I wondered if that guy was xtingon or toyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Work is begun on new bigger mansion

Old Posted Apr 26, 2019, 10:43 PM

It's been like that for a while. Does anyone know what happened with this site?

Quote:
Construction site. Construction begun but no activity.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2019, 12:49 AM

Quote:
If anything, the demand for the Stadium Shopping Centre redevelopment will go up. There will be more staff, more patients and more visitors. Further, being around the university is never a bad thing - high demand for the appartments. Demand for a "good" hotel in that area is quite high, particularly for all of the grand rounds speakers at hospital and medical school, as well as visiting speakers for various meetings and conferences.

I looked things up on calgary.ca and got the following:

RP2017-0388 is Pending Release. Permit created on 2017-11-23. Job is New: Medical Clinic, Outdoor Cafe, Restaurant: Licensed - Small, Dwelling Unit (259 units), Child Care Service, Supermarket, Restaurant: Licensed - Medium, Office, Hotel, Restaurant: Licensed - Large, Retail and Consumer Service (6 Buildings)

DP2016-0305 is Pending Release. Permit issued on 2016-07-06. Job is New: Medical Clinic, Outdoor Cafe, Restaurant: Licensed - Small, Dwelling Unit (259 units), Child Care Service, Supermarket, Restaurant: Licensed - Medium, Office, Hotel, Restaurant: Licensed - Large, Retail and Consumer Service (6 Buildings)

DP2017-5404 is Under Review. Permit created on 2017-11-23. Job is Changes to Site Plan: Multi-Use Commercial (Revisions to DP2016-0305) Parking Lot - Structure
I was thinking the same thing. If someone worked at FMC and wanted to live super nearby that would be a good location as long as the noise isn't too bad. A hotel for family to stay in when dealing with a cancer patient is a no-brainer. It would also be able to serve those whose kids are in ACH long term.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2019, 12:50 AM
Reach for the heavens

Quote:
It's been like that for a while. Does anyone know what happened with this site?
It’s been that way for a while now. My guess is nothing will be happening anytime soon.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2019, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
It’s been that way for a while now. My guess is nothing will be happening anytime soon.
Oh okay thanks!

Old Posted Apr 27, 2019, 12:52 AM
Reach for the heavens

Another large mansion to watch rise up. This one’s going to be epic.
Quote:
Work is begun on new bigger mansion

Old Posted Apr 27, 2019, 12:54 AM
Reach for the heavens

Quote:
Has this one stalled? Nothing is changed in the last couple of months.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2019, 12:56 AM
Reach for the heavens

This is epic. By far the nicest photo I’ve seen posted on this thread in the last couple of years. Well done Daemon.

I would love to see this same picture but in a couple of weeks from now when everything is green.
Quote:

pano

Old Posted Apr 27, 2019, 7:18 PM

Quote:
This is epic. By far the nicest photo I’ve seen posted on this thread in the last couple of years. Well done Daemon.

I would love to see this same picture but in a couple of weeks from now when everything is green.
Thank you

Old Posted Apr 29, 2019, 2:44 PM
BANNED

What is the timeline for the Riocan project (phase I) in the East Village? It is looking mammoth and awesome, however it is quite a complex building and hard for me to tell how much longer it will be.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2019, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Has this one stalled? Nothing is changed in the last couple of months.

I doubt it's stalled as there is probably work going on inside the house, while they wait to get the stucco going. (Most of the exterior is actually finished)

Mar 9
Quote:
Updates as promise
Apr 24
Quote:

Old Posted Apr 29, 2019, 5:43 PM

Quote:
What is the timeline for the Riocan project (phase I) in the East Village? It is looking mammoth and awesome, however it is quite a complex building and hard for me to tell how much longer it will be.
The better question to be asking is are they still on schedule? I don't think they are but definitely don't know for sure. My guess would be late fall 2020.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2019, 6:29 PM

That's exactly what it is. All the exterior work has been done except the final coat of stucco. Right now they are finishing up the inside. Nothing really exciting though, compared to the big place down the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1 View Post
I doubt it's stalled as there is probably work going on inside the house, while they wait to get the stucco going. (Most of the exterior is actually finished)

Mar 9

Apr 24

Old Posted Apr 29, 2019, 8:19 PM
That's what she said

Quote:
I was taking a walk along Crescent Road yesterday evening and overheard a group of hippy vegetarian looking types pointing at the house and talking about how wasteful it was to tear down two houses to make one larger one. One guy described it as 'disgusting' I wondered if that guy was xtingon or toyboy
Yeah no that wasn’t me. I understand their sentiments of course, but no that wasn’t me.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2019, 8:21 PM
That's what she said

It’s funny it’s taking them so long to build that place. It only takes them 6 months to slap that kind of crap up in the suburbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1 View Post

Mar 9

Apr 24

Old Posted Apr 29, 2019, 8:25 PM
That's what she said

Excellent pano showing the river, the skyline, and inner city park land all in one shot. Also love that pic showing the people using McHugh bluff. One of the more underrated spots in the city, too bad they couldn’t bulldoze a few mansions and put some nice restaurants there instead.
Quote:

pano

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates