HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Oct 7, 2017, 5:09 PM

For those of us who are not interested in the Whipper Snapper vs several parties debate, is there any way of signalling when there is an actual post about tall buildings under construction?

Old Posted Oct 7, 2017, 5:15 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post

While I will take credit for Clockzilla it was MolsonExport who made the original UglyCanada thread and who hates Nickelback more than life itself. I made a second thread when the first was lost but then it was found and they merged. As for puking celebrities I didn’t know puppets from Team America World Police had reached that status.

It doesn't matter. You're as opinionated as I am and that includes architecture you like and dislike. It's was just a little hypocritical of you to interject and take offense to my "standards". Once again, if you actually bothered to read it, you would see Calgarian was having a much harder time with my position than I was having with his. In any case, it was a pretty civil disagreement until you had to pushed it into city vs city

What hubris to be dissatisfied with what is being built around the nation and, worse of all, to not just accept it because nothing can be done about it. That was the subject of the conservation.

Since I always like to provide something in support:

Reminds me of a neighbour that bitch for months about some pothole close to his work. One five minute call and I had it filled in 48 hours.

Developers in Toronto aren't paying to have staging platforms built on top of active excavatings to keep sidewalks and lanes of traffic open out of the kindness of their hearts. Council didn't come up with this idea and vote to implement it on a whim. Constituents spoke out.

That's all I have to say to you before we reach the point of no return. That only applies to you if you care.

I recall you did a series of celebrities puking or shitting from their mouths. I don't know if they were yours or you copied them. It doesn't really matter. As you can see, it left a lasting impression with me.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper; Oct 7, 2017 at 5:34 PM.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2017, 5:31 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnar777 View Post
Hmm, your math is definitely "alternative", I counted a few more than 30 posts in the year, and 28 of them having nothing to do with you

In any case dude, I'm not going to stop calling you out when you bully other forumers here. Like I said before, you have some knowledge, sure, but you also troll the living heck out of a ton of the posts here and it can be hard to have a discussion when you flip out at anyone who doesn't share your view.
I can't be bothered to go through the list and get an accurate number however, 28 of the last 30 not being about me is Trumpian level alternative facts. You already have more on this page!

Old Posted Oct 7, 2017, 6:12 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macallan View Post
For those of us who are not interested in the Whipper Snapper vs several parties debate, is there any way of signalling when there is an actual post about tall buildings under construction?
Here you go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design-mind View Post
Mine from mid week...

Telus Sky

Old Posted Oct 7, 2017, 6:24 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
It doesn't matter. You're as opinionated as I am and that includes architecture you like and dislike. It's was just a little hypocritical of you to interject and take offense to my "standards". Once again, if you actually bothered to read it, you would see Calgarian was having a much harder time with my position than I was having with his. In any case, it was a pretty civil disagreement until you had to pushed it into city vs city

What hubris to be dissatisfied with what is being built around the nation and, worse of all, to not just accept it because nothing can be done about it. That was the subject of the conservation.

Since I always like to provide something in support:

Reminds me of a neighbour that bitch for months about some pothole close to his work. One five minute call and I had it filled in 48 hours.

Developers in Toronto aren't paying to have staging platforms built on top of active excavatings to keep sidewalks and lanes of traffic open out of the kindness of their hearts. Council didn't come up with this idea and vote to implement it on a whim. Constituents spoke out.

That's all I have to say to you before we reach the point of no return. That only applies to you if you care.

I recall you did a series of celebrities puking or shitting from their mouths. I don't know if they were yours or you copied them. It doesn't really matter. As you can see, it left a lasting impression with me.
I won’t get into it with you any longer. I defended Calgarian because he’s always been a valuable poster in the Calgary forum and you have a habit of attacking industry insiders as ‘fanboys’. I didn’t want to make it a city vs city debate.

Yes I am opinionated about ugly architecture but I usually reserve it for the UglyCanada thread. I actually kind of enjoy the ugliness and weirdness as a matter of fact. I try not to insult my fellow forumers (unless it’s MIGS) whereas you can’t seem to distinguish the line between opinion and condescension.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2017, 9:22 PM
I am the law!

He's your forumer buddy. I can respect your bias towards him. But that's a mighty load for you to say I can't distinguish between opinion and condescension. I finally call him a fanboy after several posts of attacking my character instead of just providing a counterpoint to my questions.

You're the confused ass here. You jumped in misreading a post as trolling. Than you mocked me with Stallone in one of his better performances.

Same with this holier than thou bullshit about bullying. I post opinions. I am more than willing to defend my position. I will tell forumers to piss off. That's not bullying. Bullying is the repetitive attacks against my character to get me to quit SSP. As hilarious as this may sound, Andrew is a bully.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper; Oct 7, 2017 at 9:35 PM.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2017, 1:53 AM

Quote:
I can't be bothered to go through the list and get an accurate number however, 28 of the last 30 not being about me is Trumpian level alternative facts. You already have more on this page!
Hence why I said I had more than 30 posts over the past year. Not sure how you invented that number, Donald

Old Posted Oct 8, 2017, 2:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
Or if we include the ugly antennas as architectural elements or call them spires lol.
Or if you include the PATH levels as part of the occupied height.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2017, 2:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbt View Post
Or if you include the PATH levels as part of the occupied height.
Ooh, now you're on to a smart idea. I like it.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2017, 11:49 AM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnar777 View Post
Hence why I said I had more than 30 posts over the past year. Not sure how you invented that number, Donald
You're grasping at air with this sudden flip flop from no longer denying your obsession with me into to a literal interpretation of how many posts you have actual made over the past year. The irony of calling me Donald.

Fine

It's 42 of 47 about me or 51 of 56 or 63 of 68.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNest View Post
Ooh, now you're on to a smart idea. I like it.
If Toronto had a +15 system or mostly above-ground parking, many buildings would be both 30+ meters taller cost a bit less to build. That said, I'm glad above-ground parking isn't common here.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
You're grasping at air with this sudden flip flop from no longer denying your obsession with me into to a literal interpretation of how many posts you have actual made over the past year. The irony of calling me Donald.

Fine

It's 42 of 47 about me or 51 of 56 or 63 of 68.
Nah, you're quite wrong, Herr Drumpf. Anyone can look up my post history over the past year and see the majority are not about you --nice try, though.
As for who's obsessed with whom, well then let's see - who's looking up who's posts? Oh right, you

Now, I know you'll turn a bright shade of orange because *gasp* I've had the chutzpah to speak up against your bullying, and you'll tell me all about it, but I'm gonna bow out now, because I'm sure a bunch of the other forumers are pissed off at me for dragging this argument out (sorry, everyone) and also for indulging your constant rage. So add me to the growing list who will ignore your angry, typo-ridden tweets (whoops - I mean posts) in which you teach all of us how we can Make Toronto Great Again

Old Posted Oct 8, 2017, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramako View Post
Hard not to be a dick when you're being constantly personally attacked and insulted for offering your opinion.
It's not necessarily his opinion that's being insulted, it's how he offers it. There's really no defending him here, the guy is obviously an arrogant bully.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 2:03 PM
Midtowner since 2K

Updates:

Yesterday (Arguing...hm?):
3. CIBC Square I (Toronto): 238.5m / 783ft
[IMG]TJ084809 by Josh Kenn Photographics, on Flickr[/IMG]
5. Ten York (Toronto): 224m / 735ft
[IMG][IMG]TJ084772 by Josh Kenn Photographics, on Flickr[/IMG][/IMG]
9. 88 Scott (Toronto): 204m / 669ft
[IMG]TJ084833 by Josh Kenn Photographics, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramako View Post
Hard not to be a dick when you're being constantly personally attacked and insulted for offering your opinion.
It seems to me you are making excuses for the bad habits of one idividual on here. Nobody here has created a dick other then the dick himself.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 6:52 PM
Intergalactic Barfly

This kind of crap just stirs the pot even more... all of it should be deleted...

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 7:05 PM

I agree. Delete all non related posts from the last few pages. Also remove locks on certain forumer so those who would like to can just block that individuals posts and avoid all of this back and forth.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 4:22 AM
Fake News

Quote:
He's your forumer buddy. I can respect your bias towards him. But that's a mighty load for you to say I can't distinguish between opinion and condescension. I finally call him a fanboy after several posts of attacking my character instead of just providing a counterpoint to my questions.

You're the confused ass here. You jumped in misreading a post as trolling. Than you mocked me with Stallone in one of his better performances.

Same with this holier than thou bullshit about bullying. I post opinions. I am more than willing to defend my position. I will tell forumers to piss off. That's not bullying. Bullying is the repetitive attacks against my character to get me to quit SSP. As hilarious as this may sound, Andrew is a bully.
Omg how did I miss this the first time?! Is that a veiled attempt at humour?

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 3:05 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Omg how did I miss this the first time?! Is that a veiled attempt at humour?
Always.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 3:29 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake View Post
It's not necessarily his opinion that's being insulted, it's how he offers it. There's really no defending him here, the guy is obviously an arrogant bully.
You can have sex with them but you can't bully inanimate objects. You are right. My strong opinions on buildings across our nation aren't being insulted, I am.

Just some advice:

Stop moving about the forum with the conclusion that any less than glowing remark about Edmonton's development is trolling and a personal jab against you or the citizens of Edmonton.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper; Oct 10, 2017 at 4:11 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada