HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 25, 2024, 5:08 PM

Nope, turns out you can be white but without all the fragility and victim mentality. Ex - pretending "wypipo" is an offensive slur lmao. Desperate need to be a victim.

It's really unfortunate that we can't discuss the legacy of colonialism without some (mostly older) white folks getting angry, feeling attacked, and making absurd statements about hating whites or being "racist" to white people. The fragility is real. If you think it's about making white folks feel guilty or whatever you're really missing the point.

I don't know why but older folks struggle with this on a personal level too. Can't acknowledge wrongdoings or recognize someone else's struggle without getting all blustery and making it about them somehow. Same behaviour but extrapolated to social issues.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2024, 6:10 PM

I'm so old I don't even know what "wypipo" means. I may have been missing out on practicing some self-righteous indignation.

Just kidding. As far as I know I've never been referred to by that term; and if I have it didn't register. Sometimes being a clueless old guy has it's advantages.

"Naysayers are always predicting the present"-Anon.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"-Eric Hoffer

Old Posted Jul 25, 2024, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspeid View Post
I'm so old I don't even know what "wypipo" means. I may have been missing out on practicing some self-righteous indignation.

Just kidding. As far as I know I've never been referred to by that term; and if I have it didn't register. Sometimes being a clueless old guy has it's advantages.
Don't feel bad I had to look what it meant up too

Old Posted Jul 25, 2024, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardTH View Post
Nope, turns out you can be white but without all the fragility and victim mentality. Ex - pretending "wypipo" is an offensive slur lmao. Desperate need to be a victim.

It's really unfortunate that we can't discuss the legacy of colonialism without some (mostly older) white folks getting angry, feeling attacked, and making absurd statements about hating whites or being "racist" to white people. The fragility is real. If you think it's about making white folks feel guilty or whatever you're really missing the point.

I don't know why but older folks struggle with this on a personal level too. Can't acknowledge wrongdoings or recognize someone else's struggle without getting all blustery and making it about them somehow. Same behaviour but extrapolated to social issues.
EdwardTH: The Rachel Dolezal of SSP.

How about that.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan