HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Oct 18, 2016, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airomero83 View Post
I love Proxy 333's design. Assuming this is the big parking lot immediately south of the CVS? Pretty big lot, I wonder if it will extend down all the way to Willetta?

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/b...o-phoenix.html
Ok so I think I found more information about this project. Looks to be 6-stories (4 stories residential above 2 stories of parking) and will face Central and extend all the way down to 1st. Mid-century building going to be razed in the process however. Wonder if building "Blue Fin" restaurant getting razed as well? I'm all for this project...Proxy 333 is awesome. Any design plans?

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...bank/92360630/

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
A few weeks ago there was a fire at the Think! print shop building on 5th St. just south of Roosevelt. Looks like they're not wasting any time redeveloping.
Here is more information on the neww building and renovations on Roosevelt. It will include renovating the Flowers building and three bungalows, as well as a new 3 story mixed use building where the Think print shop was.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...storic.html#g3

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 3:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Here is more information on the neww building and renovations on Roosevelt. It will include renovating the Flowers building and three bungalows, as well as a new 3 story mixed use building where the Think print shop was.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...storic.html#g3

This looks awesome!

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 4:06 PM
BANNED

Though I'm glad there is all this attention on Roosevelt Row, I can't help but feel how sterile and corporate it's starting to look and how much of the cool factor has been covered over or demolished.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 4:10 PM

Visit Wicker Park/Bucktown which I feel is essentially Roosevelt's ultimate form. It's got that historic and interesting look from afar but inside its generic as can be.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 4:52 PM

I really like that project, in part because of the different rooflines. It gets very monotonous having long 4 or 5 story midrises line the streets.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 5:27 PM

More info over at AZ Central:
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...ning/92363028/

Quote:
Flowers Craft Beer and Wine is negotiating the terms of its rental and is interested in moving to the other side of its current building, beer buyer Jason Ayers said. Roosevelt Growhouse will close its current location in the next few months, though its destination is unknown, owner Kenny Barrett said.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 5:58 PM

Although my stance of the Think! fire is suspicious, I'm no Sherlock. It may have been an accident, maybe a lucky accident. Did the developers incorporate the bungalow into the project beforehand? Is the home itself salvageable?

Anywho, I'm impressed with the project, especially with what it means for the neighborhood. More retail, more height, and one less parking lot. Never thought I would see the day Roosevet Row would reach this point. Last time I was there was years ago, just after Roosevelt Point was consecrated. Can't wait to head down there and see the changes myself.

Also, disappointed in the Growhouse leaving its corner.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Is the home itself salvageable?
According to reports, it's no longer salvageable. Growhouse is currently looking at other locations but wants to stay in Roosevelt

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 9:49 PM

I hope this turns out cool, but it seems so sterile and corporate-ish.

Especially since 5th and 6th are the most well-preserved and thriving pieces of Roosevelt, and mostly the block responsible for the area's reputation and renaissance. I'm hoping this is cool, but it really kills the funky cool of the area.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 10:19 PM

The Think! building was definitely struck by Jewish lightning, there's little doubt about that but who is behind it is a mystery. Was it the land owner? Was it the struggling business owner? Tune in next week to find out!

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 11:37 PM

^ Seems to be notorious among older buildings in Phx. They burn down, owner claims they aren't salvageable (which might be true in some cases) and then proceed to pave them over with a dirt lot or whatever they were trying to build.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2016, 7:56 PM
Modulator

Don't think I seen this posted, but there is construction on the NE corner of Portland and 2nd St. Looks to be a 3 story project...maybe townhomes....across the street from EnHance. Any info on this?

Old Posted Oct 24, 2016, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
Don't think I seen this posted, but there is construction on the NE corner of Portland and 2nd St. Looks to be a 3 story project...maybe townhomes....across the street from EnHance. Any info on this?
It's a container project called 'The Oscar' like the 'Containers on Grand.' This will be 3-stories and contain live/work spaces.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2016, 8:40 PM

It's been mentioned before, but here's confirmation that En Hance Park plans to start construction of more condo buildings by next year.

http://downtowndevil.com/2016/10/21/...e-park-condos/

Now whether these buildings and the Derby lift off the ground or not, we'll see. Won't count the chickens before the eggs hatch.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2016, 9:00 PM

Quote:
It's been mentioned before, but here's confirmation that En Hance Park plans to start construction of more condo buildings by next year.

http://downtowndevil.com/2016/10/21/...e-park-condos/

Now whether these buildings and the Derby lift off the ground or not, we'll see. Won't count the chickens before the eggs hatch.
Well that is certainly interesting.

Enhance 1 is 49 units. Phase 2 & 3 are 130 units each... those are each much bigger! Any renderings? where are the buildings located? Are they going to be more like 10 stories instead of 4? another 260 units its significant.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2016, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Well that is certainly interesting.

Enhance 1 is 49 units. Phase 2 & 3 are 130 units each... those are each much bigger! Any renderings? where are the buildings located? Are they going to be more like 10 stories instead of 4? another 260 units its significant.
No renderings that I could find. What's interesting is that Portland on the Park is 149 units vs 130 units for these two buildings. I don't know what magic some users have to figure out the possible heights or floor numbers but I would guess, if they're building with an urban design in mind on an empty lot downtown, they would approach 10 stories.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2016, 2:53 PM

Quote:
It's a container project called 'The Oscar' like the 'Containers on Grand.' This will be 3-stories and contain live/work spaces.
Oh my goodness, thank you for answering this. As I live over in this area and walk every day by those two cinder block structures that are about 25' tall, but they didn't look like they were building an actual building, I couldn't figure out what the heck was going up.

Now I can sleep at night.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2016, 3:07 PM

The majority of space along Roosevelt (for the Alliance project) will be lobby and leasing. The only retail (aside from what looks to be Paz on the corner) is near 5th Street.

Viking - the developer in charge of the 5th and 6th street renovations - did the Gold Spot, so I am confident the changes will be good ones and that local tenants will be preferred once the time comes for filing up space. That 3-story building is exactly what is needed on the dozens of small empty lots within EC.

I think that aside from Baron's apts, much of the EC development has been designed to fit in pretty well to the neighborhood. Project like The Oscar, Proxy, and Union for example will definitely keep a unique personality to the area, which will hopefully lead to the preservation and adaptation of properties like the Knipe House (and its friend further north), etc. The combination of new on underutilized lots with the adaptive reuse that has been so successful is what will make it the most urban 'hood downtown.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 6:55 PM
BANNED

We've got some work to do...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest