HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jan 10, 2024, 11:53 PM

In the documents first posted in the DR permit, it called out that side receiving the same screen system as what's going on the street facades.

The drawings were updated in the original permit and again in a resubmit but only show the North/West elevations. There is no reference about what's occurring on the alley/record exchange facades in either instance.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2024, 4:48 PM
All man. Half nuts.

design review of the third YMCA building took place last night. i snagged a few images of the renderings. the building was approved, though there was some debate about the quality of the design.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2024, 11:20 PM

Overall I quite like this proposal, especially the mural aspect of it, which I'm glad the committee put an emphasis to ensure that whatever mural does go up has a similar presence as the one shown in the renders. On the other hand, I do somewhat agree with Erstad regarding the material choice. I'm not the biggest fan of corrugated metal siding, and I think it could have been done differently on this building. I disagree with him that this building is too tall for state street. It is much shorter than the surrounding buildings and I can not imagine it'll block out the sky really at all. If it was twice the height then maybe I'd agree but as is it feels like an appropriate size for this area of downtown.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2024, 2:30 AM

I'm not really sure how I feel about the design. Leaning towards 'meh' for me, but it's not horrible either. I do enjoy the inside mural.

I appreciate the density for sure, but I liked the original design better me thinks.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2024, 11:46 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

January 21

by Sean, on Flickr
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Jan 22, 2024, 10:46 PM

Boise CWI campus updates

I was snooping around Boise's City Council meeting agenda presentations and surprisingly in the latest Parks & Recreation committee meeting there was a bunch of new renderings/details for the new CWI campus off Whitewater.

From the details it looks like there is going to be 5 buildings in total counting the parking garage, I'm excited to see some cranes on that side of town soon (and even more from the ITD headquarters nearby)!

Old Posted Jan 28, 2024, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post

by Sean, on Flickr
Has it topped out?

Old Posted Jan 28, 2024, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzo View Post
Has it topped out?
I think it's pretty much there. They still need to build the "Sawtooth Mountains" roofline, but I'm thinking it's not going to get much taller.

Also, did anybody else notice that they skipped a floor number between 6 and 7 on the elevator numbering? Kind of interesting.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 1:48 PM
Let's Go Brandon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo5Boise View Post
Also, did anybody else notice that they skipped a floor number between 6 and 7 on the elevator numbering? Kind of interesting.
They didn’t “skip” floor numbering, per se. I has more to do with the layout of the parking garage and the way the floors ramp up or down on either half of the garage. If that’s makes sense

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 5:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOI-IDA View Post
They didn’t “skip” floor numbering, per se. I has more to do with the layout of the parking garage and the way the floors ramp up or down on either half of the garage. If that’s makes sense
It does!! Thanks for pointing that out.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2024, 3:22 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

AC Hotel/Element by Westin ~ City of Hotels

Looks like prep work has begun for the new hotel on Grove between 10th and 11th. This is exciting, there will be a lot of new construction and cranes added to downtown this year. The YMCA Blocks and the ICCU Tower have all started moving forward.

Here's an article I found when I was looking for the name of the new hotel.
https://idahobusinessreview.com/2024...oject-forward/

by Sean, on Flickr

by Sean, on Flickr

by Sean, on Flickr
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Feb 6, 2024, 4:23 PM
All man. Half nuts.

i drove by the ICCU property last week and there's a lot of activity on the lot. according to a story on channel 9, the tower crane will be 250 feet tall.

Last edited by Boisebro; Feb 6, 2024 at 5:49 PM.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2024, 5:48 PM

I wonder where they got that number. Last I heard the tower was modified from the original 232ft height to 199ft. 250 feet would be slightly shorter than the US bank building. Not that I would mind it being that tall.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2024, 5:49 PM
All man. Half nuts.

i fixed it. the tower crane will be 250 feet, not the building.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2024, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post
Looks like prep work has begun for the new hotel on Grove between 10th and 11th. This is exciting, there will be a lot of new construction and cranes added to downtown this year. The YMCA Blocks and the ICCU Tower have all started moving forward.

Here's an article I found when I was looking for the name of the new hotel.
https://idahobusinessreview.com/2024...oject-forward/
Wow! With that project going up (relatively) soon, Grove St. is becoming a big epicenter of construction activity! I wonder if that will continue in the future, especially on that big empty lot between 12th & 13th..?

Speaking of that empty lot, does anyone have any renderings/articles on any plans for the property? It seems like it would be a prime place for a new tallest or at least a new big development.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2024, 8:03 PM
All man. Half nuts.

the project i'm looking forward to the most is the Ovation, but that's been quiet for a while. same with the London... those two projects would really make a difference on the east side.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2024, 11:24 PM
All man. Half nuts.

i don't know if any of you have checked out the development tracker, but it's fun to check out all the projects that have been submitted (though there are a lot of larger projects downtown that aren't included in the map):

https://experience.arcgis.com/experi...63450edf481ad4

Old Posted Feb 12, 2024, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensei View Post
I was snooping around Boise's City Council meeting agenda presentations and surprisingly in the latest Parks & Recreation committee meeting there was a bunch of new renderings/details for the new CWI campus off Whitewater.

From the details it looks like there is going to be 5 buildings in total counting the parking garage, I'm excited to see some cranes on that side of town soon (and even more from the ITD headquarters nearby)!
Boisedev posted an article on the stuff that I found earlier, and it includes some more detailed/better renderings than what I had!

Seems like the main CWI building is going to be around 8 stories, but the first & 8th stories seem a bit taller, I couldn't find anything on the actual height, but it will still be the tallest building on that side of downtown! Hopefully that development will act as a catalyst for all the other planned developments in that area.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2024, 12:25 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Topped Off

Old Posted Feb 15, 2024, 3:14 PM
All man. Half nuts.

from the Statesman:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West