HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 30, 2012, 1:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Corbett centre has 1 more phase of buildings to build, which should have a big enough spot for an Old Navy maybe.
Actually, the site plan for the Corbett Centre has five spots between ESM and St. Hubert, four spots across the parking lot from BBB/Gap/etc, and two more between that area and St. Hubert. Will be interesting to see how long it will take to fill out. I suspect it will still be a few years.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2012, 1:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
It was Rona that purchased Pierceys.
Doh!! Your correct it was Rona

Old Posted Dec 30, 2012, 1:27 AM

Quote:
I could've sworn Ottawa had an H&M somewhere, back when I moved out 6-7 years ago. Then again I could be wrong.

To be fair though, we've only had a Costco for 2 years now, and H&M for 2 months. Corbett centre has 1 more phase of buildings to build, which should have a big enough spot for an Old Navy maybe. If not that, then maybe when Empire ships out, ON can take over that spot of Regent.

As far as restaurants, we were lacking in that department (chain wise) up until about 5 years ago, when we got ESM, Montanas and so forth. We're still lacking IMO, but we're better off than we were before. It'd be good to start getting some higher end chains coming in. (As well as some better home grown chains too. )
Nope...No H & M in Ottawa. Due to be part of the redevelopment of the Rideau Centre downtown in 2015

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/busines...802/story.html

Old Posted Jan 2, 2013, 12:23 PM
The Sheriff

Nice the only really reason now to go to Moncton or Saint John is for old navy,
If we got one of them that would be great. As I think ive said before an arbys would be great too but my waist line is sorta glad we dont have one here lol

Old Posted Jan 2, 2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blazer View Post
Nice the only really reason now to go to Moncton or Saint John is for old navy,
If we got one of them that would be great. As I think ive said before an arbys would be great too but my waist line is sorta glad we dont have one here lol
Freddy used to have an Arby's back a number of years ago on Prospect Street in the now current Tim Horton's Corporate store across from Uptown Centre.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2013, 2:01 PM
The Sheriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddypop View Post
Freddy used to have an Arby's back a number of years ago on Prospect Street in the now current Tim Horton's Corporate store across from Uptown Centre.

I know i used to go there all the time I really miss it. I guess Fredericton really wasnt an arbys town or something... Some people say it was the cost but it cost the same as going to mcdonalds or wendys etc

Old Posted Jan 2, 2013, 6:54 PM

Animal Essentials is on the Move

As a business owner in Fredericton, it's refreshing to follow many of the updates on this forum. Animal Essentials, after almost six years of opening its doors in the Devon Plaza, is on the move. We will be leaving for Nashwaaksis Plaza on Main Street, beside Citi Financial the first weekend of February. We have received tremendous feedback on the move. We know we will be missed by folks in the immediate area, but as an independent and destination store specializing in premium pet food, we hope our customers - new and old! - will follow. BradJ

Old Posted Jan 2, 2013, 7:47 PM

I saw the signs up over the weekend. I don't have a pet myself so it's irrelevant to me, but getting in the McDs/Superstore traffic hub will hopefully do well for them.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2013, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Janes View Post
As a business owner in Fredericton, it's refreshing to follow many of the updates on this forum. Animal Essentials, after almost six years of opening its doors in the Devon Plaza, is on the move. We will be leaving for Nashwaaksis Plaza on Main Street, beside Citi Financial the first weekend of February. We have received tremendous feedback on the move. We know we will be missed by folks in the immediate area, but as an independent and destination store specializing in premium pet food, we hope our customers - new and old! - will follow. BradJ
Best of luck with the move. Any idea who will be occupying your vacated space? With all the apartment/condo development in that area on Union there will be a greater demand for services

Old Posted Jan 3, 2013, 1:19 PM

The national chain beside us wanted the space. We had a chance to stay, but the mathematical equation was...

Old Posted Jan 3, 2013, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Good luck to you Brad. Like you said you are a destination store and if you provide a good product and good service im sure you're customers will follow. I also think the location will bring in a more customers. Not sure who your demorographic is but I would think you're new area will be good for you.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2013, 5:39 PM

Shannex is proposing to add a two-story nursing home to its existing facilities on Patience Lane: http://www.fredericton.ca/en/citygov...sources/B1.pdf

Chippins is proposing another 56 lots in its subdivision off of Vanier Drive: http://www.fredericton.ca/en/citygov...sources/B3.pdf

James Realty wants to create 33 residential lots on Neill Street Extension and two courts off of it: http://www.fredericton.ca/en/citygov...sources/C2.pdf

Old Posted Jan 3, 2013, 5:51 PM

Quote:
The national chain beside us wanted the space. We had a chance to stay, but the mathematical equation was...
I assume you mean JC? At any rate I am sure your move will end up being the right one. Demographics on the Northside are changing quickly. Rapid growth in the area serviced from your new location

Old Posted Jan 3, 2013, 7:55 PM
The Sheriff

Ive got two cats and ive never really gone in that petstore before. I dont really go into devon too often but in its new location i might check it out. Oddly enough the only time I go to devon is to go to my vet who is in that mall

Old Posted Jan 5, 2013, 3:44 AM

No real details yet, but FredFM had this Facebook update:

Quote:
Early reports indicated the Fredericton Fire Department is on scene at the Garrison District Ale house on Queen this hour. FRED FM's Kevin Worrell is there. He'll have the story tomorrow morning. - Colin
Around 11:30, we drove by on St Anne's Point Drive (going to the North side) and the smoke was quite thick over the downtown.

FredFM's Facebook page has pictures now. It was the Garrison; doesn't look like much damage from the outside but who knows what it's like inside. Luckily it seems everyone got out safely. A fire at a pub on a Friday could have been nasty.

Last edited by Taeolas; Jan 5, 2013 at 4:02 AM.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2013, 5:12 PM

Quote:
No real details yet, but FredFM had this Facebook update:

Around 11:30, we drove by on St Anne's Point Drive (going to the North side) and the smoke was quite thick over the downtown.

FredFM's Facebook page has pictures now. It was the Garrison; doesn't look like much damage from the outside but who knows what it's like inside. Luckily it seems everyone got out safely. A fire at a pub on a Friday could have been nasty.
Update on Twitter from the Garrison says that they have had a contractor in to evaluate the damage and will reopen by February

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 5:41 PM

So Uptown Centre Zellers is doing its Going out of Business sale now. I guess they want it emptied out so they can rebuild as a Target cleanly? Are the other Target targets also going out of business now too?

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 6:01 PM

Quote:
So Uptown Centre Zellers is doing its Going out of Business sale now. I guess they want it emptied out so they can rebuild as a Target cleanly? Are the other Target targets also going out of business now too?
Yes, all remaining Zellers stores are now liquidating.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Zellers Brookside location closes this month. The Uptown location in March. Renovations will take place at the Uptown store which will reopen as a Target in November

Old Posted Jan 7, 2013, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddypop View Post
Zellers Brookside location closes this month. The Uptown location in March. Renovations will take place at the Uptown store which will reopen as a Target in November
Yeah I knew Brookside was closing. They're closed a week from today last I heard (14th).

I had thought they might keep Uptown open during the renos, but it looks like it'll be a clean break. Makes sense since they're not keeping the staff on (or at least that's what I heard when the deal was announced).

Personally, I'm hoping they'll reorient the entrance of the store and have it face FutureShop. They'd have more 'storefront' parking that way IMO which they'll probably need.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces