HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 7, 2023, 7:19 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy321 View Post
I drove by tannery place today and saw a sign where the junction hall will be built there was a sign and it showed all the business but there were three spots blank out as coming soon
Yes, I just drove by to have a look.

Does this mean they have secured additional tenants for the commercial units in Tannery Place North (and the single vacant CRU in Tannery Place South)? - perhaps.

I have been told by a source that a shoe store may be interested in the Junction Village, but I am not at liberty to say who it is.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2023, 3:12 PM

First tenants moving in to Tannery North! Driving by today I saw patio furniture on at least one balcony on Vaughn Harvey.

Will they be starting the next phase this summer? And will it be the Junction Hall, or the rumoured 10 floor building on Main Street?

Old Posted Apr 13, 2023, 11:43 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

From Huddle:

‘High-Energy’ Moncton Spa Rebrands and Expands
MONCTON – A popular Moncton spa has rebranded and will open a second location in the city this summer.
NICHOLS, TREVOR
MONCTON, NEW BRUNSWICK, NEWS
https://huddle.today/2023/04/12/high...s-and-expands/

Quote:
SoFlo and Co., formerly known as SoulFlower, is expanding to a space in one of the newly finished Tannery buildings. Kaitlyn Sutton is SoFlo’s owner and founder. She tells Huddle her plan was always to open multiple locations.
There is only one vacant CRU left in Tannery Place South. I wonder if this will open there, or take up one of the units in Tannery Place North?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2023, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
From Huddle:

‘High-Energy’ Moncton Spa Rebrands and Expands
MONCTON – A popular Moncton spa has rebranded and will open a second location in the city this summer.
NICHOLS, TREVOR
MONCTON, NEW BRUNSWICK, NEWS
https://huddle.today/2023/04/12/high...s-and-expands/

There is only one vacant CRU left in Tannery Place South. I wonder if this will open there, or take up one of the units in Tannery Place North?
Signs are already up now at tannery place north

Old Posted Apr 22, 2023, 2:56 PM

Tannery Place North is really filling up. A lot of the balconies on Vaughan Harvey have furniture on them now. So I think we should be hearing about the next phase in the not too distant future. The building (10 floors) on the Main St. corner, or the Junction Hall? I hope they do the 10 storey building next!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2023, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Yes, I just drove by to have a look.

Does this mean they have secured additional tenants for the commercial units in Tannery Place North (and the single vacant CRU in Tannery Place South)? - perhaps.

I have been told by a source that a shoe store may be interested in the Junction Village, but I am not at liberty to say who it is.
Is the shoe store a national chain, or a smaller company?

Old Posted Apr 22, 2023, 6:42 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Not national, and not a sure thing.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2023, 2:05 AM

Quote:
Given the growth of residential at that end of downtown I could see service shoe being interested. Their current location is seriously hidden unless you are familiar with their business.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2023, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
Given the growth of residential at that end of downtown I could see service shoe being interested. Their current location is seriously hidden unless you are familiar with their business.
Not only that but the parking situation is horrible, moving to the junction village would be amazing.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2023, 3:57 PM

Service Shoe Repair was the first place I thought about. I really like them but I haven't been there in years because of their location. Tannery Place would be much better, and if I were the owners I'd be all over this.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2023, 12:46 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
I seriously doubt that the Junction will be a big draw for many national chains. I suspect it will fill up with local (or regional) offices, services, small businesses, restaurants and shops. This is fine. The Junction is actually doing better than I expected in filling up it's ground level CRUs.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2023, 1:50 AM

Quote:
I seriously doubt that the Junction will be a big draw for many national chains. I suspect it will fill up with local (or regional) offices, services, small businesses, restaurants and shops. This is fine. The Junction is actually doing better than I expected in filling up it's ground level CRUs.
I doubt they will be too, but I know that freshii is a larger chain, so figured it was worth asking. Most of the businesses in this development will be single locations or one of a small number of locations. I suspect similar outcomes for the 3 sisters development. It’s too bad that some of the other buildings being built downtown recently don’t have much of a street presence. Particularly some of the ashford buildings.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2023, 1:46 PM

From MonctonRad on Feb 26 in Moncton Northwest:

“Cara Shoes in that little plaza at Wheeler & Mountain is closing it's doors. They will be relocating their inventory (at least temporarily) to Service Shoe Shop on Mechanic Street downtown. They are affiliated entities.”

Possibly the new tenant??

Old Posted Apr 28, 2023, 1:55 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I am not at liberty to say.

And, in any event, I said it wasn't a sure thing, just a possibility.............

Old Posted Apr 28, 2023, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish1 View Post
From MonctonRad on Feb 26 in Moncton Northwest:

“Cara Shoes in that little plaza at Wheeler & Mountain is closing it's doors. They will be relocating their inventory (at least temporarily) to Service Shoe Shop on Mechanic Street downtown. They are affiliated entities.”

Possibly the new tenant??
Like I said earlier, Service Shoe Repair the first place I thought about. Not a fan of their current location, I think Tannery Place would be much better.

That little plaza at Wheeler & Mountain Rd. has seen a lot of businesses come and go, so this move doesn't surprise me.

Old Posted May 16, 2023, 6:15 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Klozet Clothing Boutique has just announced they are relocating from their current Mountain Road location (at Trinity) as well as expanding with a larger footprint. They will be moving to "the corner of Main Street and Vaughan Harvey." I had previously heard they were looking at Tannery Place (but was sworn to secrecy), so I presume this is where they are going (most likely Tannery Place North).

Tannery is filling up very nicely.

Now, will we also see Cara Shoes moving in too? They were neighbours in their former location and complement each other very well.

Old Posted May 19, 2023, 12:39 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Huddle article confirming the relocation of Klozet is indeed to Tannery Place:
https://huddle.today/2023/05/19/monc...ace-this-fall/

Quote:
The main reason for the move is because of the growth her business has seen over the last 10 years. She said the new location is more than double the size of her current storefront.

“We’ve needed the space for quite a little while now, so we’re looking forward to just having a bigger storage room for online stock and a bigger floor plan as well,” she said. “We’re expanding our men’s section, so we’ll have more room for the men’s section, as well as the women’s section, and offering some new brands for both.”

Rendering of what the interior of the new store will look like

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 12:00 PM

Have they actually announced that they're definitely starting the next phase this year?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 12:04 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
Have they actually announced that they're definitely starting the next phase this year?
No.

There are still construction materials on site however. I don't know what this means.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 3:25 PM

Quote:
No.

There are still construction materials on site however. I don't know what this means.
And there's also the question of which building they intend to do next. I don't think they've said anything about that either. With the success of the Tannery Place buildings, I think we'll see another residential building going up next. Hopefully taller.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces