HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 10:32 PM

Hi everyone, this is actually my first post but I've been stalking ya'll for awhile. even all the bickering lol .

I wanted to chime in on here because I live at the link since September of '20, prior to that I lived at cityscape for 3 years facing North and had views from the west all the way to the east and watched the Ryan be built from dirt up. anyways, the link is by far the worst building downtown (i also lived at 44 Monroe from 2011-2012, summit at copper square from 2009-2011, and illuminate when they opened a few years ago).

the list of problems in this building is so long it's sad. and the office is somehow even worse than the building is. don't move here.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefish82 View Post
Hi everyone, this is actually my first post but I've been stalking ya'll for awhile. even all the bickering lol .

I wanted to chime in on here because I live at the link since September of '20, prior to that I lived at cityscape for 3 years facing North and had views from the west all the way to the east and watched the Ryan be built from dirt up. anyways, the link is by far the worst building downtown (i also lived at 44 Monroe from 2011-2012, summit at copper square from 2009-2011, and illuminate when they opened a few years ago).

the list of problems in this building is so long it's sad. and the office is somehow even worse than the building is. don't move here.
What kind of problems? I'm curious to know. There was a story about The Stewart being in over its head when it opened. Haven't heard much since.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 11:47 PM

I remember that New Times article I believe it had to do with more of a security matter than maintenance but I may be wrong.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2021, 2:38 PM

Sounds just like The Stewart too? Every new(ish) building that has opened up Downtown has had nothing but problems. I believe The Stewart too just had a hostage situation this weekend. If I was even remotely curious about living downtown it would be enough to turn me away. Not for those prices.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2021, 3:14 PM

Quote:

I have not heard anything like this so what's the problem? I doubt its as bad as 41 Monroe with locked balconies and no pool for 2 years straight lol.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2021, 3:53 PM

Quote:

What are some problems with the building? I am genuinely curious.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2021, 6:25 AM

Quote:

Yeah Joe, what are the problems?lol. Yeah, I heard about The Stewart problems, and yeah, I don’t think u can use the balconies still at Monroe, dang.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2021, 12:47 AM

Be a great public service

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
Yeah Joe, what are the problems?lol. Yeah, I heard about The Stewart problems, and yeah, I don’t think u can use the balconies still at Monroe, dang.
For the renters out there if someone in the know could generate a list of quality contractors of high rise condo's and list who built what where and which ones to avoid.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 3:38 PM

hi everyone, sorry for the delayed reply. apparently, i need to turn on notifications lol. epic failure.

44 back in the day was great, but yes now, not so much. i think the pool is past 3 years by now, isn't it? I know some folks are "removing" the patio door lock.

problems here are honestly every area.

leasing. started when we were trying to move in. we'd leave messages, emails and even texts to our leasing agent (who is no longer here now) and wouldn't hear back for weeks, even months...we signed a lease about 4 months prior to moving in and they didnt charge us, which we thought was great and strange. when we moved in, we started getting letters in our mailbox for the previous tenant. I wont get into what he did, but i'll say the maintence guys told us it took over 6 months to put this unit back together and the occupant is in jail after the police arrested him. rumor is he "discharged a weapon" at the police, which i believe. i found 3 9mm shells, not spent, under my stove. we are the 2nd occupant in this unit. so...

day 3 living here, another person was arrested. came down to the lobby to 4 officers and a crime scene investigator/photographer.

then the garage doors broke. September. as of today, one is still broke.

pool heater/hot tub heated breaks all the time.

EVERYONE smokes weed here, all over the place and with connected vents, it pours into your unit 24/7. and if they dont smoke it, they sell it. half this building are "entrepreneurs". makes the demographic very interesting.

3rd week here, some girl let her "friend" use her range rover. he got blackout drunk, crashed it into a pillar in the garage and totaled it. then ran into her unit and hid from the police.

4th week here, more cops called.

thats just september. i can keep going. i have met over 30 people that did a 1 & done here, 1st tenants in and out asap. and thats just the ones i have met.

as for the building, there are no level floors. you can literally feel the rise in the floor under your feet. everything is the lowest quality, cheapest item, possible and breaks. i lived at cityscpae for 3 years, had maintenance in my unit twice. i'm averaging twice a month here. 6 months in.

i feel like i am on a rant though. i'll pause here for a bit. let me know any other questions you have.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 3:50 PM

Quote:
hi everyone, sorry for the delayed reply. apparently, i need to turn on notifications lol. epic failure.

44 back in the day was great, but yes now, not so much. i think the pool is past 3 years by now, isn't it? I know some folks are "removing" the patio door lock.

leasing. started when we were trying to move in. we'd leave messages, emails and even texts to our leasing agent (who is no longer here now) and wouldn't hear back for weeks, even months...we signed a lease about 4 months prior to moving in and they didnt charge us, which we thought was great and strange. when we moved in, we started getting letters in our mailbox for the previous tenant. I wont get into what he did, but i'll say the maintence guys told us it took over 6 months to put this unit back together and the occupant is in jail after the police arrested him. rumor is he "discharged a weapon" at the police, which i believe. i found 3 9mm shells, not spent, under my stove. we are the 2nd occupant in this unit. so...

day 3 living here, another person was arrested. came down to the lobby to 4 officers and a crime scene investigator/photographer.

EVERYONE smokes weed here, all over the place and with connected vents, it pours into your unit 24/7. and if they dont smoke it, they sell it. half this building are "entrepreneurs". makes the demographic very interesting.

3rd week here, some girl let her "friend" use her range rover. he got blackout drunk, crashed it into a pillar in the garage and totaled it. then ran into her unit and hid from the police.

thats just september. i can keep going. i have met over 30 people that did a 1 & done here, 1st tenants in and out asap. and thats just the ones i have met.

as for the building, there are no level floors. you can literally feel the rise in the floor under your feet. everything is the lowest quality, cheapest item, possible and breaks. i lived at cityscpae for 3 years, had maintenance in my unit twice. i'm averaging twice a month here. 6 months in.

i feel like i am on a rant though. i'll pause here for a bit. let me know any other questions you have.
Sounds like you dont like the city lol. I dont think the fact that people smoke weed and young people cause trouble is the fault of the building.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Sounds like you dont like the city lol. I dont think the fact that people smoke weed and young people cause trouble is the fault of the building.
haha, i've lived downtown for nearly 10 years. if i didnt like the city, i wouldve moved to scottsdale or gilbert. my point was, in a smoke free building, leasing and security do nothing to enforce the rules they set. i could care less if you want to get high. fly to the moon stoner. enjoy the journey. i went to ASU. ive certainly had plenty of journeys. however, if you're trying to WFH and its coming through your vents, thats not fair to the tenants who dont get high.

and young people causing trouble... haha. same thing as above. you do you, all good. however when your problems become my inconvenience, and i pay what i pay to live here, no i dont like that. get your shit together. don't total your range rover going 40mph in a 5mph parking garge by plowing into a concrete pillar shutting the garage down. its disrepectful to your neighbors.

i'm just giving you my perspective from living here for 6 months, thats all. not trying to debate anyone about getting high and shaking shit up.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 5:57 PM

"day 3 living here, another person was arrested. came down to the lobby to 4 officers and a crime scene investigator/photographer. "

This is a reflection of the building?

"3rd week here, some girl let her "friend" use her range rover. he got blackout drunk, crashed it into a pillar in the garage and totaled it. then ran into her unit and hid from the police."

Same point.

"EVERYONE smokes weed here, all over the place and with connected vents, it pours into your unit 24/7. and if they dont smoke it, they sell it. half this building are "entrepreneurs". makes the demographic very interesting."

Again.

After reading that I can only surmise that you might be better suited in a neighborhood less prone to twenty-somethings who live there to party. That's much of what downtown is, perhaps you might be more comfortable further north in midtown/uptown.

Further, your experience living in a brand new building and experiencing inconveniences is extremely normal. If you've lived in brand new buildings that didn't have issues it's because you were lucky. I'm curious how many times you've not had essential services and if so how long did it take to get them repaired.

Last edited by biggus diggus; Mar 30, 2021 at 6:22 PM.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 6:19 PM

Quote:
haha, i've lived downtown for nearly 10 years. if i didnt like the city, i wouldve moved to scottsdale or gilbert. my point was, in a smoke free building, leasing and security do nothing to enforce the rules they set. i could care less if you want to get high. fly to the moon stoner. enjoy the journey. i went to ASU. ive certainly had plenty of journeys. however, if you're trying to WFH and its coming through your vents, thats not fair to the tenants who dont get high.

and young people causing trouble... haha. same thing as above. you do you, all good. however when your problems become my inconvenience, and i pay what i pay to live here, no i dont like that. get your shit together. don't total your range rover going 40mph in a 5mph parking garge by plowing into a concrete pillar shutting the garage down. its disrepectful to your neighbors.

i'm just giving you my perspective from living here for 6 months, thats all. not trying to debate anyone about getting high and shaking shit up.
I appreciate the perspective. I'm guessing that we're going to get these "entrepreneurs" moving into new places as they open up, since they are usually the ones who are willing to sign up for fairly outrageous prices, and then not pay (or have their parents pay). I love living in a place downtown that has none of these problems. There are several, but you gotta look. Good luck finding a new place that doesn't add to the lung damage. LOL

Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRay View Post
I appreciate the perspective. I'm guessing that we're going to get these "entrepreneurs" moving into new places as they open up, since they are usually the ones who are willing to sign up for fairly outrageous prices, and then not pay (or have their parents pay). I love living in a place downtown that has none of these problems. There are several, but you gotta look. Good luck finding a new place that doesn't add to the lung damage. LOL
lol, thank you.

i think the, or hope, the problem is just work from home along with the eviction moratorium. we'll see how things shake out after all this is behind us.

i have my eyes on Adeline.

i did just get home from a week in denver. man. i wish our little city would grow up to be like downtown denver some day.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 6:42 PM

Quote:
i did just get home from a week in denver. man. i wish our little city would grow up to be like downtown denver some day.
The weed smell and weed being everywhere is 100X worse in Denver lol careful what you wish for...

Sorry to hear about your rough experiences at The Link though.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 7:04 PM
BANNED

Quote:
leasing. started when we were trying to move in. we'd leave messages, emails and even texts to our leasing agent (who is no longer here now) and wouldn't hear back for weeks, even months...we signed a lease about 4 months prior to moving in and they didnt charge us, which we thought was great and strange.
I had a similar experience with the leasing staff. I sent an email asking for additional information about the floor plan of the apartment I was interested in and a question about prorated rates for the units, at the time they were offering quite a nice move-in special and incentives.

Nobody from the leasing office bothered to reply, which I thought was strange. I also wrote to schedule a tour which more often than not, is the way to go during Covid times. Still no response.

Ok.

I went down there as a walk-in to see a unit and the guy at the security desk stopped me, turned me away and said I had to schedule an appointment. He gave me a business card and told me to send an email.

I don't know if they're overwhelmed or incompetent or both, but too many red flags went up for me.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 7:55 AM

Quote:

Actually doesn’t sound like anything out of the norm. Weed is legal now, yeah, you’re going to smell weed everywhere, you live downtown bro,lol. Sounds like bad luck with the police interactions. Yeah, broken garages always suck, happens at a lot of complexes. Yeah, none of these complexes seem to want to use their pool heaters. I live at Park On Central, one week it works the next it’s off again when you plan to have a couple people over to use it. Most of what you said are uncontrollable stuff that happens. But what broke in your actual apartment? That is what I would be more interested in hearing.

Last edited by TJPHXskyscraperfan; Mar 31, 2021 at 8:15 AM.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 8:09 AM

Quote:

We just thought there was actual problems with the building. People can be annoying, disrespectful and have no pride in where they live. Every few days I see literally like 10 cigar filters on the patio and side walk in the same area which are probably thrown from above. It annoys me all the time and wish I knew who it was but it’s not my complexes fault. I sometimes smell weed through my vent too but it is what it is. You’re not gonna find a complex with young people where you don’t smell weed.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
Most of what you said are uncontrollable stuff that happens. But what broke in your actual apartment? That is what I would be more interested in hearing.
Thanks for your post. This guy is giving the building a bad name for unjust reasons in my opinion.

I'd like to know what provision in the ARLTA they failed to follow.

Regarding the bad neighbors it's something you have to live with if you live in multi family housing. You can't pick your neighbors. Buy a house if you want to be removed from others.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 6:00 PM
Skyriser

I literally don't know how people here would accept neighbors' smoking odors in a smoke-free building--this includes pot. It is not tolerated in any place I've ever lived in, at all, and I've lived by two colleges now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest