HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airomero83 View Post
I think we all knew about enHance Park condos but this is the first I've read of additional phases, increased heights and density.

http://downtownphoenixjournal.com/20...e-park-condos/
I do not recall, nor can I find, anything about multiple phases to enhance

But if they are getting good sales they might be ready to buy up more land and develop more.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 2:27 PM

The developer who is from Chile had said in an earlier article that he plans to do at least another development here in Phoenix. He mentioned it would be taller than enHance. I just didn't know it would be next door.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2016, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
The developer who is from Chile had said in an earlier article that he plans to do at least another development here in Phoenix. He mentioned it would be taller than enHance. I just didn't know it would be next door.
Perhaps neither did he. Didn't they say the land was recently acquired? Good news all around.

Edison is moving right along near Central and Osborn. Also, Alta Midtown has topped out.

The hospital tower is rapidly approaching the height of the existing tower, as the floors are much taller than the previous tower.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2016, 10:28 PM

Another Trammell Crow proposal for 7th Ave/Osborn, the lot that currently houses a Bashas' and lots of surface parking.

https://www.phoenix.gov/pddsite/Docu...0%28002%29.pdf

The proposal is sort of interesting. It looks like they would basically demo the connected old Osco drug building (which has been shuttered for some time anyway), and build apartments/garage along Flower. Then retain the main Bashas building for retail (unclear whether it would remain a Bashas or be used for something else), as well as building an additional retail building at the corner of 7th ave. and Osborn.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2016, 10:54 PM
BANNED

That's a great use of that property. Right now it's just too underutilized. Hope it proceeds.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2016, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtnphx View Post
That's a great use of that property. Right now it's just too underutilized. Hope it proceeds.
Agreed! Hopefully Park Central is next...another similar property

Old Posted Oct 4, 2016, 2:12 AM

I like that the signage says "signage"

Old Posted Oct 4, 2016, 10:13 PM

Contour on Campbell Avenue breaks ground

Old Posted Oct 5, 2016, 1:36 AM

^this project is good for that area. Is it on the corner of Campbell and 24th St or in the parking lot behind the church? Not to be a Debbie-downer, but I'm assuming that church was turned to dust within seconds, because that's just Phoenix for ya.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2016, 2:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
^this project is good for that area. Is it on the corner of Campbell and 24th St or in the parking lot behind the church? Not to be a Debbie-downer, but I'm assuming that church was turned to dust within seconds, because that's just Phoenix for ya.
It's actually to the west of St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church and School at 2242 E. Campbell.

Image from Google Maps street view:

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.5020...7i13312!8i6656

Old Posted Oct 5, 2016, 4:11 AM

Net-Zero energy apartments eyed For Roosevelt Row

Oh thank god, Sherry Rampy approves!

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/b...evelt-row.html

Old Posted Oct 14, 2016, 9:45 AM

Understanding the mixed responses to the transformation of 3rd st and Roosevelt, found a video on Youtube that may or may not quell some of the debate. Just a flyover of the project being built on the Northeast corner, looks to be about as tall as Roosevelt Point, yet 2-3 stories shorter. Overall happy to see the corner addressed and looks like shop space lining 3rd street, although it could be the gym/clubhouse disguised as so.

https://youtu.be/4Ro9A_nc9bQ

Old Posted Oct 14, 2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Understanding the mixed responses to the transformation of 3rd st and Roosevelt, found a video on Youtube that may or may not quell some of the debate. Just a flyover of the project being built on the Northeast corner, looks to be about as tall as Roosevelt Point, yet 2-3 stories shorter. Overall happy to see the corner addressed and looks like shop space lining 3rd street, although it could be the gym/clubhouse disguised as so.

I noticed the curved corner a few weeks back. It's a good change from the 90 degree and 45 degree angles.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2016, 1:46 PM

The curved building looks like Daytona Beach rooftop party zone!

Old Posted Oct 14, 2016, 3:34 PM

Quote:

Hoping that's the restaurant space set aside for Paz Tacos

Old Posted Oct 14, 2016, 4:20 PM

Quote:

I actually really like that curved frontage its going to look great

that whole square is going to be so active with that many units online.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2016, 4:39 AM

If that curved space along the 3rd/Roosevelt intersection is indeed the space intended for Paz, I'll be very impressed with Alliance. The original plans had retail only along the 5th Street intersection (i.e., the very beginning of the video), with the rest of Roosevelt and 3rd being private amenity space, mirroring the dead spaces over at Baron's apartments.

That is probably the most obvious "gateway" into Roosevelt Row, so having a restaurant complementing the retail at Roosevelt Point and the main part of RR on 4th/5th/6th would be great and much more appropriate than a leasing center.

This project, Roosevelt Point, Proxy, and Union will be/are great examples of how to make active ground levels work downtown.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2016, 5:40 AM

Paz Cantina, according to the original stipulations of the site, is supposed to be on the corner of Roosevelt and Third. Makes sense with the flyover and patio space is along the curved building. My one question is are the windows fronting Roosevelt retail space or private? You see the leasing office signage briefly before the camera pans around the curved building, but how big are leasing offices typically? None of the rest of the Roosevelt has signage or something signifying whether it's retail or not. Maybe I'm seeing what I want to see, but would the amount of entrances with said windows mean its differnt retail spaces?

Last edited by Phxguy; Oct 18, 2016 at 5:52 AM.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2016, 8:56 PM

From what I remembered was that Paz was going to take one spot but that there was going to be one more other retail/ restaurant space. I don't remember the amount of sqft. So I am assuming there will be one more space along with the gym and leasing office fronting Roosevelt?

Old Posted Oct 18, 2016, 9:17 PM

A/C Marriott - 28th St. & Camelback

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest