HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Jul 23, 2010, 4:21 PM
formerly-furry flâneur

Welcome home, acadams! If you like sushi, the tiny, TINY place called "Sushi and Co" in the retail level of your building is just superb. Unfortunately with only one tiny table, I can only eat there if I'm lucky enough to grab it, so I've only been there twice, but if I lived in West Point I'd get dinner there every freaking night.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2010, 5:10 PM
not a NIMBY

Congrats! Thanks for sharing with us what you decided on, it looks spacious and is in a great location.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2010, 5:35 PM

Ah I remember when Westpointe Plaza was part of the first wave of the new condos in this city (I think it came after Liberte and Axxis). You could probably buy a place there for 130k back then.

It was also a pretty good lesson in "what you see is not always what you get" when it came to renderings.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2010, 3:35 AM
Round Head

That's a very nice apartment. Congratulations and welcome to Calgary.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2010, 6:10 AM

it might be a good idea to rent 2 months first. As the bank rate increases and mortgage rates are creeping up, probably (or very probably) by October, the condo price would drop more than 1-year rent.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2010, 6:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadams View Post
if anyone is wondering this is the property I ended up buying
http://homesite.obeo.com/viewer/defa...?tourid=618356
It was built quite a while ago. visited two units years ago (friends' homes). Not bad. The lobby is clean. The best feature is its near LRT location in the downtown west end. Nevertheless there is a generation gap between the modern glassy open space contemporary condos built within the last 3-4 years and those like this one almost like a decade ago.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2010, 10:44 PM
Here and There

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespoir View Post
It was built quite a while ago. visited two units years ago (friends' homes). Not bad. The lobby is clean. The best feature is its near LRT location in the downtown west end. Nevertheless there is a generation gap between the modern glassy open space contemporary condos built within the last 3-4 years and those like this one almost like a decade ago.
Ummm............ he bought it already.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2010, 4:19 AM

hahah wow thanks for all the responses guys. I'll try to address them all:

freeweed: I didn't really see it as a UFO..more of a cruise ship with the mast and bridge buut I see that now. yup the c-train and close access to the river were huge factors in deciding on the place. should be easy to find a roommate with that kind of access.

chinook arch: I do have west and north facing views from my unit..unfortunately it's only on the fourth floor and there's a four story building just west of me which blocks views from inside...however there's a great river view from my balcony!

rusty: good to know I noticed the place when I was looking at the building but didn't really inspect it too closely

jimby: thanks..I think it meets my needs perfectly..we'll see though

corporatewhore: interesting to see the rendering. haha 130k would have been nice..

wooster: thank you. I actually recognize your name from all the time I spent in the edmonton local last summer at work (it was a slow summer)

lespoir: as kw pointed out although I don't take possession for another month it's already a firm sale. from my three trips and six days spent looking at places all across calgary the openness and daytime light of this unit was actually among the best. it may be a bit older but not a bad design for the time.

anyways.
possession is august 31, if anyone wants to meet up after than that I'd be more than happy to, I only know 3 or 4 people in the city so I'm going to need to get on that

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation