HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Portland Photos

Old Posted Feb 29, 2008, 3:18 AM

More on the Way?! Hell yeah.

Old Posted Feb 29, 2008, 4:38 AM

Great pictures, what neighborhood are these shots in?

Old Posted Feb 29, 2008, 6:25 AM
Bombshell Vintage

^ They're really mainly in only two areas, but they aren't in sequence so it's hard to differentiate. The first is the Sunnyside neighborhood located around Hawthorne Ave in SE Portland, between about 30th Ave and 39th Ave. (These shots include the bungalows, four-squares, and street shots with such landmarks as the Bagdad Theatre.) The other area is NW Portland, which is the oldest residential neighborhood in Portland and is adjacent to downtown. It includes larger apartment buildings from the 20s and 30s as well as turn-of-the-century Victorians, and has two lively main arteries, 21st and 23rd Aves (it's shown in the generally leafier pics). It is highly gentrified you might say, and among Portlanders has a somewhat negative reputation of being overly yuppified. For instance, the boutique shops along 23rd have earned it the derisive nickname, "Trendy-third." After living in Atlanta for four yrs, however, I laugh at the Portland definition of yuppieness... it's so tame.

Old Posted Feb 29, 2008, 7:56 PM
It's Daniel

Awesome pics. Portland is one of my favorite cities. So much scenic beauty. I just love it. I want to move back to the Northwest!!!

Old Posted Mar 2, 2008, 7:14 PM

Now I really can't wait for summer... Thanks for such great neighborhood district shots!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Portland Photos