HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 4, 2013, 2:13 PM

X-Men star among actors in town
By: Staff Writer Posted: 06/3/2013 1:00 AM

WINNIPEGGERS may cry Havoc upon seeing the cast of a drama shooting in Winnipeg next week.

Lucas Till, who played the role of Havoc/Alex Summers in the movie X-Men First Class will play a prominent New York DJ ordered by the court to live with his father in a North Dakota town in the film Strings, which commences shooting in town June 6.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...209891201.html

Old Posted Jun 9, 2013, 5:29 PM

Could be another banner yr. for the Winnipeg/Man. Film/Movie industry.
It's a promising start from what I've seen over the years I've been involved in this industry. "Tax Credit"...I know but any major movie/film done in Man. has a "Huge" Spin Off" ,Value to local industries in Winnipeg/Man.

Cameras start rolling, stars roll into town for film-filled summer
Reel LifeBy: Randall King Posted: 06/8/2013

As the summer heats up, so too does the movie-making in Manitoba.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/art...210681781.html

Old Posted Oct 28, 2013, 6:12 PM

Wow sleepy monday in the City for posters...anyway..
Here's someone I'd like to see and Jam with...

George Thorogood and the Destroyers coming to town

May 10, 2014 date at the Burton Cummings Theatre.

Source

Old Posted Dec 2, 2013, 8:26 PM

ZZ Top adds Winnipeg leg to North American tour

The sharp-dressed men with the long beards are returning to Winnipeg.
ZZ Top will play a concert at MTS Centre on Thursday, March 13 at 7:30 p.m.
Source

proguitarshop.com

~~~~~~~~~~

The boys are going to creak into town..

Old Posted May 26, 2014, 7:31 PM

This is the most relevant thread i could find to ask my question. A buddy of mine asked me if Teasers was the only strip club remaining in the city. I personally have no idea so figured someone on here might know. So is teasers the last bastion? AFAIK there was on one Pembina nad one downtown that was open but he said he thought those two closed.

Old Posted May 26, 2014, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
This is the most relevant thread i could find to ask my question. A buddy of mine asked me if Teasers was the only strip club remaining in the city. I personally have no idea so figured someone on here might know. So is teasers the last bastion? AFAIK there was on one Pembina nad one downtown that was open but he said he thought those two closed.
There was a very in-depth article about that profession in the free press by Randy Turner a few weeks ago...

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...257359201.html

Old Posted May 26, 2014, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
I believe Solid Gold/Gentlemen's Club/whatever is still open on Notre Dame, at the end of Albert. The place on Pembina has been torn down. You might be able to find a couple of places out near the airport still. And there's always Centerfolds on McPhillips.

Jesus, I know too much. I swear I've only been to the strip club once or twice in Winnipeg.

Old Posted May 26, 2014, 8:29 PM

I love this thread I'm glad it was dug up once again.

Most of the clubs there were 3 I was aware of, strictly catering to this type of entertainment are now closed except the one mentioned and CenterFolds. Although as most know these types of entertainment options can be found all across the city, at regular clubs. Any bar, Happy Hour is likely to have this option. Not much has changed in a long time. But clubs catering to this one form of entertainment are rare indeed.

Old Posted May 26, 2014, 8:38 PM

Really? So we're down to just three, Teasers, Centrefolds and Solid Gold (plus the regular bars that have dancers from time to time)? I guess the age of "exotic dancers" (love that euphemism) has come and gone.

I don't know who runs Centrefolds and the hotel it is located in, but that building is an absolute shambles... whoever owns that place is running it into the ground hard. I'd welcome its demolition... it's so bad that turning it into an expanded parking lot for Lucky Supermarket would actually be an improvement.

Old Posted May 26, 2014, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post

I don't know who runs Centrefolds and the hotel it is located in, but that building is an absolute shambles... whoever owns that place is running it into the ground hard. I'd welcome its demolition... it's so bad that turning it into an expanded parking lot for Lucky Supermarket would actually be an improvement.
I agree totally on this one. It is an adventure to enter in every sense of the word.

Old Posted May 26, 2014, 9:00 PM
North End Troublemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Really? So we're down to just three, Teasers, Centrefolds and Solid Gold (plus the regular bars that have dancers from time to time)? I guess the age of "exotic dancers" (love that euphemism) has come and gone.

Club Fantasy at Notre Dame/Cumberland @ Balmoral. I don't know if it's still in operation or not, but it still has a sign there.

And I don't think Centrefolds is still open. I might be wrong, but I believe it's closed.

Old Posted May 26, 2014, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveosnyder View Post
Club Fantasy at Notre Dame/Cumberland @ Balmoral. I don't know if it's still in operation or not, but it still has a sign there.

And I don't think Centrefolds is still open. I might be wrong, but I believe it's closed.
Club Fantasy is definitely closed, or at least it was when a bachelor party I was part of showed up there one night about 5 years ago.

Old Posted May 26, 2014, 9:26 PM

I'll add CentreFolds to the list.. as well..To many problems as I've just been informed..

Old Posted May 27, 2014, 7:49 PM

Did Sin City out near the airport shut down?

Old Posted May 27, 2014, 7:52 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris22 View Post
Did Sin City out near the airport shut down?
Yes, It was closed when the Holiday Inn took over the old Howard Johnson Airport Hotel.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted May 28, 2014, 4:27 AM

Internet killed the stripper star.

Old Posted May 28, 2014, 7:13 PM

Live venues, be it music or any other form of live entertainment will always be that much more interesting than viewing it via the internet, in my opinion anyways.

Although, there is no doubt it did have an affect on peoples viewing habits and their choice of actually going out to partake in live entertainment and performances of different kinds.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 12:22 PM

winnipeg music scene

Where are the best venues in Winnipeg to watch new and upcoming bands?

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 1:37 PM

best thread ever....

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 2:09 PM

Thx for creating the thread music.plays.here. To cut down on duplication of threads and similiar content your thread has been merged here.

Muscian since I was about 8 years old, keyboards, moved to guitar then bass and finally vocals. First big gig was when I was about 15

The Winnipeg music scene still interests me to this day.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan