HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 1:04 AM

Regina Restaurants

I'm always looking for new places to try. Any interesting suggestions? What are your favourites? Restaurants/coffee shops/lounges...I'm particularly interested in relative unknowns or hole-in-the-wall type places, but I'll try anything. One place I try to go to now and then is Daisy's Pantry on 15th Ave (between Toronto and Montreal.) Everything is homemade down to the noodles in their soup.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 4:23 PM

One of my favourites is Teppanyaki on Victoria Ave. It's a Japanese steak house where you sit down (on chairs, not floor) and the chef makes everything in front of you on a flat grill. Great atmosphere and fantastic food.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 4:52 PM

Try the Creek Bistro on 13th Ave., small 40 seat Bistro with great food!!

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodo Regina Lover View Post
Try the Creek Bistro on 13th Ave., small 40 seat Bistro with great food!!
This is my favourite restaurant in Regina.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 8:24 PM

A couple of hole in the walls that get my approval are Sparky's and Orange Izakaya. Sparky's makes a really solid pizza that's almost as good as Houston or Tumblers and costs way less ($20 for an extra large). Orange is a little place next to the 13th Ave Safeway that makes really authentic Japanese dishes in a cool, modern bar atmosphere. They also have a cappuccino machine if you just want to have a mocha latte and sit on their cozy deck.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 10:01 PM

Somebody drove a car into the front of 20Ten today. Apparently lost control backing out of the alley and did a 180. Wow.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 4:36 AM

For the best Indian food in the city, and meets the hole in the wall criteria, try Caraway Grill. Best to make reservations or else you won't get in!

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 6:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udon'tknow View Post
For the best Indian food in the city, and meets the hole in the wall criteria, try Caraway Grill. Best to make reservations or else you won't get in!
I agree with this. Great food there. It's really small, so you can always do take out as well.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 7:27 PM

Quote:
Interesting because I really like Flavours of India on Vic East. I might have to try this Caraway Grill.

Really like Fireside Bistro. Their risotto is outstanding.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 3:48 AM

Quote:
You sound like Stefon, from SNL.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 5:55 AM

Quote:
Not sure if you're joking about needing a reservation or not...

I walk by the place all the time and it always smells soooo amazing.. We went once, and the food was definitely good, but pricey.

But we went at 5:30 during the week, and were the only people in there the whole time we ate.. When we walked in, the owner was sitting at a table with his feet on the table and seemed surprised at someone coming in.. At supper time.. Haha.

But man, the smell that comes out of that place is absolute heaven.

Our go to Indian place is Spices of punjab.. So good and so cheap for a buffet.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 4:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Somebody drove a car into the front of 20Ten today. Apparently lost control backing out of the alley and did a 180. Wow.
It's a fact!

Old Posted Oct 14, 2014, 8:15 PM
arf

Urban Sushi in Emerald Park is quite good with lots of options for non-sushi people as well.

Ate at Siam on Friday. It was fantastic. Such a nice restaurant. Make reservations, a few couples and groups were turned away.

There's a much better vibe downtown these days with a couple of extra taverns open on Scarth and Hamilton. Just seemed a bit livelier after 6:00pm, although Atlantis was a ghost town around 8:00pm. I would have expected more traffic. We need a theatre downtown!

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 7:22 PM
arf

^Caraway Grill has a lunch special which is $12 I believe. It was enough food for two days and included a meat dish, a vegetable dish, rice, a huge amount of naan, and vegetable pakora (really, really good.)

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Oct 22, 2014, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
^Caraway Grill has a lunch special which is $12 I believe. It was enough food for two days and included a meat dish, a vegetable dish, rice, a huge amount of naan, and vegetable pakora (really, really good.)
Nice! I'm going to have to try that.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2015, 7:45 PM

Hey guys, if you love prime rib and steak, check out the "chop" at the Southland Mall! They cook their prime rib for 24-hours!!! ( . . . with lower heat and high humidity(?) --- I dunno.) Well, no matter what, you guys need to try it out.

I have been eating prime rib on occasion for 22 year and I have NEVER had prime rib that was soooo amazing!!!! Just trust me.

It's the only "chop" in Saskatchewan.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2015, 8:27 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

We just had Chop cater our awards banquet and the prime rib was like chewing gum.

Good to hear yours is better.

Last edited by Riverman; Dec 3, 2015 at 1:38 AM.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2015, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
We just had Chop cater our awards banquet and the prime rib was like chewing gum.

Go to hear yours is better.
That is sad to hear. The prime rib here was soooo damn good, . . . I was abjectly lost for words.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 3:14 PM

Malt city wisky &beer opening up in old canada life building on 11avenue and cornwall. They got tge signage up on the windows.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheal View Post
Malt city wisky &beer opening up in old canada life building on 11avenue and cornwall. They got tge signage up on the windows.
Not much online yet other than this:

Malt City

Malt City is a whisky bar that will be opening soon in a gorgeous heritage building in downtown Regina.

http://www.bravotango.ca/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan